Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... sorry to have to bump this, but it needs to be done.

TOR is a great game, needs some more polish, but great in general.

However, when you have so many players begging for a feature since the launch of the game, a feature that is very simple, easy, and cheap to implement, it boggles the mind not to do that. The idea that a Jedi Knight can only get a hoodless set of armor through the cash shop, and that armor being designed for Sith, is incredibly annoying. There is little for me to question about TOR's quality, but this one is it. At this point, it isn't that the feature is a game breaker, its the fact that the designers are unwilling to make such an easy yet highly demanded change.

Yeah... sorry to have to bump this, but it needs to be done.

TOR is a great game, needs some more polish, but great in general.

However, when you have so many players begging for a feature since the launch of the game, a feature that is very simple, easy, and cheap to implement, it boggles the mind not to do that. The idea that a Jedi Knight can only get a hoodless set of armor through the cash shop, and that armor being designed for Sith, is incredibly annoying. There is little for me to question about TOR's quality, but this one is it. At this point, it isn't that the feature is a game breaker, its the fact that the designers are unwilling to make such an easy yet highly demanded change.

Hey, bumping this Thread is a tradition, don't take shame in it. :D

I also noticed that Jedi NPCs featured in relatively new in-game content continue to sport awesome hood-down variants of currently available hood-up robes, or completely unique hood-down sets that players lack even hood-up versions of. Its like the devs are taunting us over this!

Needless to say, I too have long awaited the rectification of this issue, and remain annoyed over the fact that I have not seen my main's head since the character creation screen over a year ago.

They mentioned in one interview about redoing their art development pipeline to accomodate hood toggle and that it was a known and oft requested feature both in and outside BW.

They fixed the big butts on many robes so I have faith that they'll take some of the money they've made from the cartel shop to pay for some extra developers to get this feature out asap since frankly I'm tired of waiting.

If anyone with any guts at Bioware has the stones to check in on this monstrously HUGE thread, this issue that has garnered well over 100k views to check the reaction, let me make no bones about it.

NO G'DAMN THANK YOU BASTICHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is NOT the way to FIX THIS MESS!!!

Not after a WHOLE YEAR of entreaties, muddled responses, and BROKEN promises :mad::mad:

This CANNOT be the ONLY way you intend to address this very sensitive issue!!

Edited by dangadget

I did expect them to put the first hood down Jedi Robe on the Cartel Store, So I saved up all the cartel coins I have so far and I am just so happy right now. Not only is the armor a hood down Jedi Robe, but it is the best looking robe in the game. They even made the robe go outside the belt like it does with Consular robes, and no shoulder pads or anything. This is the kind of armor I have been wanting since release, it is even cooler than the character creation screen armor.

Thank you Bioware!!

Now just give us a real Hood Toggle, and I will be pay a life time sub.

Edit: The armor looks practically the same as this one http://www.swtor.com/info/media/wallpapers/jedi-knight

Except that it has a more bronze colored armor and some other minor details. :D

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1176/screenshot2012121817120.jpg

Edited by Merwanor

Well we all called it right when we said that they were just gonna milk us more for a freakin hood down robe.

Between this and charging for ONE PLANET of quests, after saying "new stuff month after month"... I'm done.

Throw another sub onto the bonfire, bioware, I know you dont care, but eventually you'll run out of fans to burn.

Can't say I'm happy right now - they gave us what we asked (since day #1) for but made it Cartel Market only and are charging ~$15 per character for it. I may have to get it but this is nearing last straw territory - shouldn't have to pay subscriber prices for a basic feature... what about the people that scrounged up the battlelord set? What about the legacy 20 set? Put the same thing in the legacy 50 category and charge 4 million creds for it and people will happily grind to get it and lowbies will work hard to get to a point where they can get one (bowing to those that accomplished it). Making people pay lots of $ and giving the best looking set in the game to whatever slob forks over $ basically ruins it. Edited by WaywardOne

Can't say I'm happy right now - they gave us what we asked (since day #1) for but made it Cartel Market only and are charging ~$15 per character for it. I may have to get it but this is nearing last straw territory - shouldn't have to pay subscriber prices for a basic feature... what about the people that scrounged up the battlelord set? What about the legacy 20 set? Put the same thing in the legacy 50 category and charge $4 million for it and people will happily grind to get it and lowbies will work hard to get to a point where they can get one (bowing to those that accomplished it). Making people pay lots of $ and giving the best looking set in the game to whatever slob forks over $ basically ruins it.

Yeah, it is devious of them to make it a cartel store armor, but I have to realize that it is good business. They did get my money and many others are buying the armor, I don't mind as it should be the standard uniform for Jedi Knights like in the Sith intro. Of course I still want the Hood Toggle, and I really hope they will finish it sometime. But for now, this is enough for me, I can play and have a appropriate look in cutscenes. Now I just wish they could make it so I could replay the class story :)

And you can just wait and maybe some people will put it on the market, though it will probably cost a ridiculous amount of credits.

Edited by Merwanor

you can buy a jedi robe with hood down for the low low price of 1440 CC, 20% more expensive than any other equipment available in the cartel market.

buy it now.

It made me both happy and very sad at the same time. :'( It's not even bound to legacy.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue