Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Something just occured to me...

MarkusAtticus

The best feature this game could add, is planet faction control. Planets being added, that we can compete for... ACTUAL WARZONES. Nothing would make me feel more like a jedi, than having to invade a planet with my comrades, and take control of it, to prevent the sith from ruling the galaxy

Just an idea, i dont know how they would do it, but it would greatly increase end game, and improve the social aspect.

Too bad most of the planets are actually completely different zones for each faction and it is literally impossible to even see an enemy player.

Add 3 planets with an expantion or patch..

1st Planet, control = very very good perks

2nd Planet, control = very good perks

3rd Planet, control = good perks

you mean like RVR from warhammer?

a pvp planet like that would be cool

I dont know i never played it. Yeah, but not just a mash for pvp, for it to actually mean something.. like, i dont know... on a weekly basis, which ever side scores highest (pvp planet only) takes control for the week and gets the perks

The best feature this game could add, is planet faction control. Planets being added, that we can compete for... ACTUAL WARZONES. Nothing would make me feel more like a jedi, than having to invade a planet with my comrades, and take control of it, to prevent the sith from ruling the galaxy

Just an idea, i dont know how they would do it, but it would greatly increase end game, and improve the social aspect.

This is one of the best ideas I think I have ever heard, TBH. However, it won't be put in sadly simply because of the fact that the Empire has a much higher population than the Republic - hehe. Wish BW could find a way to implement this in a way where I wouldn't have to skip a planet's quests, ect. because it's over populated with Jedis. :rolleyes:

Edited by reaperkeepet

This belongs in the suggestions compilation thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=87349

This is how I would do it. Each day a certain planet (that is contested) becomes a different kind of contested ground (For example, even though Hoth has contested areas, add a new area to Hoth) where a certain part of that planet becomes a battle for control over it.

So like, on wednesday at 5 PM (for EVERYONE, 5pm in Europe, not 5pm in America) Tatooine becomes the contested battleground. All players are given notice that Tatooine is opening up for a major battle and are directed to where to go on Tatooine to get to it. They fight (for say, control of a central objective, like an objective or something), one defends (whoever owned it last) one attacks (whoever does not own it).

After say, 3 hours the event ends, whoever won gets a FACTION WIDE bonus. Now say, 7 planets become true warzones (Hoth, Corellia, Tatooine, Belsavis, Balmorra, Alderaan, and Taris). So each day at 5PM-8PM people battle for a bonus that affects everyone in the faction. Let's say the bonus is 5% extra damage in PvE, if Empire owns 3 planets and Republic owns 4 then the empire gets 15% extra PvE damage and the Republic gets 20%.

Now, let's say Empire outnumbers republic 2-1 on a server, the battleground on each planet would have to be regulated. So like, the Empire CAN outnumber the republic, but only up to a certain amount (say 10 people), everyone who wants in joins a queue. So every time the republic gains one more person, everyone is moved up in the Empire queue by 1. This will also help to get people to roll republic.

That's my opinion on how it could be made anyway.

Tremendous idea.

To expand on this and to make it better; what about this...

Bring the RvR environment to the 'planet control' idea.

What do I mean?

Set up 'sister' servers that you are always at war with. There is 1 planet (same planet for both servers) that both the Republic and Empire fight over.

Server 1 Rebels would team up with Server 2 Rebels to fight against Server 1 Imperials and Server 2 Imperials.

It would be huge, awesome, and absolutely the best thing BioWare can do for the game (from a PvP perspective).

You could set up this PvP / RvR planet on it's own server so you game can handle the load of 2 different realms fighting for 1 planet.

Oh man, this idea, is amazing. Please be listening BioWare....PLEASE!!!

This belongs in the suggestions compilation thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=87349

This is how I would do it. Each day a certain planet (that is contested) becomes a different kind of contested ground (For example, even though Hoth has contested areas, add a new area to Hoth) where a certain part of that planet becomes a battle for control over it.

So like, on wednesday at 5 PM (for EVERYONE, 5pm in Europe, not 5pm in America) Tatooine becomes the contested battleground. All players are given notice that Tatooine is opening up for a major battle and are directed to where to go on Tatooine to get to it. They fight (for say, control of a central objective, like an objective or something), one defends (whoever owned it last) one attacks (whoever does not own it).

After say, 3 hours the event ends, whoever won gets a FACTION WIDE bonus. Now say, 7 planets become true warzones (Hoth, Corellia, Tatooine, Belsavis, Balmorra, Alderaan, and Taris). So each day at 5PM-8PM people battle for a bonus that affects everyone in the faction. Let's say the bonus is 5% extra damage in PvE, if Empire owns 3 planets and Republic owns 4 then the empire gets 15% extra PvE damage and the Republic gets 20%.

Now, let's say Empire outnumbers republic 2-1 on a server, the battleground on each planet would have to be regulated. So like, the Empire CAN outnumber the republic, but only up to a certain amount (say 10 people), everyone who wants in joins a queue. So every time the republic gains one more person, everyone is moved up in the Empire queue by 1. This will also help to get people to roll republic.

That's my opinion on how it could be made anyway.

i think you got a winner there dude, email BW lol

How does a warzone work now?

I mean do that, but for a planet, or planets... It will just be on a larger scale and there will be rewards and bragging rights..

Here would be a bit better way to handle that: After hitting level 50 BW would inplement new planets JUST for exploration and questing, world PvP, ect. So what if the planets that they made we could FIGHT for in open world PvP. I mean just like Ilum but with a rule that you cannot take over an outpost unless you have at least 20 people in that outpost. I think this idea could possibly come alive.... Just needs a brain. ;)

NO!

I don't want to see:

Empire 50 planets

Repulic 3 planets Tython, Ord mandell and Coroscant.

That is why you would team it up with multiple servers battling over the 1 planet.

Make the 1 planet have 100 different objectives. But only 1 objective could happen per day, and then the next event would start.

So the 1 planet has 100 different areas where various battles would take place. Whether it takes 1 hour to finish it or 10 days, the next objective won't open until 24 hours after someone "wins".

This would be amazing.

You could also have a smart system that would add NPCs to follow (in this case Rebels) around to help even out population numbers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.