Marauder PvE Gear Itemization

WarChild

So I have noticed that most of the Tionese and Columi Weaponmaster gear has Power on it. Why is BW itemizing Marauder gear with Power? Power is fairly low on our stat priority list. Even some of the PvP gear is Power/Accuracy, but lacks the same STR.

WTB Crit/Accuracy

Power affects the damage on all of your abilities. It's going to be more effective on lower damage instants that you can spam. Your sustained damage will go up if you focus on power. Of course it's all a balance, you'll need power to a certain amount and then build up crit. I'll be sticking with power for Carnage unless I find solid math proving something else is good.

Honestly you'll want Power/Surge > Crit.

All 3 specs have something that is insta-crit (Bleeds, Scream, Smash) which lowers the value of Crit.

Without proper math all of the stat-weights you see anywhere are speculation.

There comes a time, as well, that getting above a certain amount of Crit/Surge becomes to "expensive" in terms of losing Power. Numbers were given on Reddit however I can't seem to find that thread at the moment.

What we need to do is get a hard Accuracy cap from BioWare for Operation bosses before we go all out in modifying gear.

Edited by Kibaken

First off, and I have posted this many times, if you are not Rage spec you are not doing it right. Carnage sucks in every way, every carnage player that I have told to try rage thanked me immediately. Annihilation can almost, but not quite, keep up with single target dps. Rage does best with aoe between berserk giving you cleave attacks and smash criting for 5-7k.

On the stats, you can go either crit/surge or power/surge. If you get accuracy on rage spec your just screwing yourself. You will gain a **** ton more dps, especially in pvp, if you just focus on the big hits.

I do not know the exact breakdown on how much power = crit rating but I swapped from crit/surge to power/surge and never looked back. My crits went up by a few hundred instantly. It was a big difference overnight.

If you go crit/accuracy...bleh, your nerfing yourself.

First off, and I have posted this many times, if you are not Rage spec you are not doing it right. Carnage sucks in every way, every carnage player that I have told to try rage thanked me immediately. Annihilation can almost, but not quite, keep up with single target dps. Rage does best with aoe between berserk giving you cleave attacks and smash criting for 5-7k.

LOL

/10char

On the stats, you can go either crit/surge or power/surge. If you get accuracy on rage spec your just screwing yourself. You will gain a **** ton more dps, especially in pvp, if you just focus on the big hits.

I do not know the exact breakdown on how much power = crit rating but I swapped from crit/surge to power/surge and never looked back. My crits went up by a few hundred instantly. It was a big difference overnight.

If you go crit/accuracy...bleh, your nerfing yourself.

LOL Maybe in PvP but I lulz at u if u try that crap in PvE ops. Carnage requires brain power and skill it's not a cookie cutter spec. Theres no I win button in carnage and also by ur statement how is spamming smash on a raid boss going to out smoke anni and carnage?

• 2 months later...

Ive just hit 50 and have tried carnage and annihilation along the way.

I found carnage more straight forward leveling with Gore->massacre -> force scream as my main cycle.

Annihilation was fun and with AOE landing bleeds worked well sometimes for me but I found it more challenging to maintain sustained dps for single target. I guess with better gear comes more reliable results?? point blank charge is nice to interupt too.

I pvp and pve so not sure what fits best as an all-round spec. Certainly in warzones I find carnage easier to maintain big hits on people since you often don't get to stack multiple bleeds.

Edited by Quasinerdo

Unless you get very very very lucky with the 140 rating enhancements dropping, you will be stuck with replacing a lot of your +51 accuracy / 37 power or /37 crit enhances with 136 rating ones. The best so far that we can find are from the "Enforcer" columi or champion gloves, which have power/surge. With full best in slot rakata gear / expert nanotech mastercraft implants etc, and the power/surge enhances I mentioned, you are looking at around 26% crit, 31-32% in Ops. with ~75% surge and +500 bonus damage. Unless you get every single 140 rating surge/power enhancement, don't expect much more than this.

So to reiterate, end game you are looking at the following stats approx for your realistic BIS set, including Ops buffs:

~500 extra dmg (I want to say around 512 -520 with full buffs)

32% crit

75-76% surge

110% accuracy (special, 100% normal)

BIS pvp gear is similar, but you are going to lose about 100 of your +extra damage for ~650 expertise, which amounts ot a little over 12% extra dmg/healing/dmg reduction to/from players.

i would really like to know what the hell kind of mods you are using to get all 4 of those stats up there.

if ur referring to getting the inquis buff and the IA buff for crit, then those numbers are reachable.

without those buffs, u aren't going to get 32% crit, 75% surge, 110% accuracy and 500 power.

i have 90% of the endgame gear, and i can still only pick 2 maybe 3 of the 4 to get the stats to where u say.

i have like 470 power, 99% accuracy and 73% surge. my crit is completely sacrificed and i still haven't hit ur numbers. please don't give false info to other players.

i would really like to know what the hell kind of mods you are using to get all 4 of those stats up there.

if ur referring to getting the inquis buff and the IA buff for crit, then those numbers are reachable.

without those buffs, u aren't going to get 32% crit, 75% surge, 110% accuracy and 500 power.

i have 90% of the endgame gear, and i can still only pick 2 maybe 3 of the 4 to get the stats to where u say.

i have like 470 power, 99% accuracy and 73% surge. my crit is completely sacrificed and i still haven't hit ur numbers. please don't give false info to other players.

No, he's about right. You swap out rakata mods/enhancements for columi ones. Once in full rakata you lower your strength to around 1500-1550 unbuffed as the crit gain from Str has some DR beyond that point. You stack power/crit (after you max surge) and you get close to those numbers.

I'm full rakata for PvE and while I don't know the numbers off the top of my head I'm they're fairly close to those numbers.

Pre rakata gear, you stack str as high as you can go. But once full rakata... a lot of the rakata mods with 61 strengh are sub par relative to the the (i think these are the accurate numbers) 45 str, ~30 power mods when considering the bigger picture.

I have 4/7 of my rakata pieces replaced with the lower strength, higher power alternative. You then tack power/surge and the implants help with crit. Make up some lost Str with augment slots, etc.

Edited by jgarib

Ive just hit 50 and have tried carnage and annihilation along the way.

I found carnage more straight forward leveling with Gore->massacre -> force scream as my main cycle.

Annihilation was fun and with AOE landing bleeds worked well sometimes for me but I found it more challenging to maintain sustained dps for single target. I guess with better gear comes more reliable results?? point blank charge is nice to interupt too.

I pvp and pve so not sure what fits best as an all-round spec. Certainly in warzones I find carnage easier to maintain big hits on people since you often don't get to stack multiple bleeds.

This forum post is 2 months old, why the hell did you post again?

Sorry for the misunderstanding, when I say "Ops" I am referring to "Operations". Ops buffs = Operations buffs = all PvE buffs. Like in *shudder, you made me say it* WoW, you would refer to full buffs as "Raid buffs". Here it's Ops buffs. So yes, I am referring to 100% buffed out, including stimpack and full raid buffs, but not adrenal or /use relics.