So Best Buy and Bioware Screws Us Again

Alphaeblue

We purchased and received our pre-order keys on October 14th, but thanks to invalid codes that Best Buy had for thousands of customers, received new codes and entered them in late November. So, because of an online store, my wife and I have to wait how many extra days before getting in early?

I think it is very unfortunate that this is one of the only times I can remember that a game offers early access and then makes it so that the early access is applied by date on rolling entries.

We ordered earlier than some people that are playing the game right now. But, due to illogic, we have to wait for some magic button to be pushed.

Gotta love the fairness....

Late November (I am 11/26), you will probably get in on Friday, so you and the wife will have 3 or 4 days of playing together before the retail launch.

As for the screwup with your original codes, I cannot comment on that - I suspect it is a Best Buy problem sending out bogus codes or reusing old ones, but I cannot be sure.

As far as I am concerned, you are being treated fairly. The promotional blurb promised up to 5 days of early access for pre-orders and in all of the information I have seen, it is very clear that the queue forms behind the person who registers their pre-order code first, not the person who buys it first, and you are going to get 3 or 4 days.

We purchased and received our pre-order keys on October 14th, but thanks to invalid codes that Best Buy had for thousands of customers, received new codes and entered them in late November. So, because of an online store, my wife and I have to wait how many extra days before getting in early?

I think it is very unfortunate that this is one of the only times I can remember that a game offers early access and then makes it so that the early access is applied by date on rolling entries.

We ordered earlier than some people that are playing the game right now. But, due to illogic, we have to wait for some magic button to be pushed.

Gotta love the fairness....

Yeah that happened to me too. I went through three weeks of emailing back and forth with Customer support. The last email after like 8 of them, did they finally say I needed to show proof of purchase. The other seven never mentioned it. I finally pre-registered three weeks later after purchasing on Nov 15.

LOL - right on.

Yeah, it's an extra day or two, Alpha. Still early access. Not worthing getting bent about.

I'm just bent on the logic and the sense of the action. I appreciate the comment though. I find it a bit comical though, that other people on this thread are hammering me for something I had no control over. I'm entitled to vent in whatever way, shape, or form I deem. No one forced them to read this thread or respond to it.

Yeah that happened to me too. I went through three weeks of emailing back and forth with Customer support. The last email after like 8 of them, did they finally say I needed to show proof of purchase. The other seven never mentioned it. I finally pre-registered three weeks later after purchasing on Nov 15.

I'm sorry you had to go through this ordeal as well. I've had quite a few series of eventful bad luck trends going on in my life. My guess is I somehow upset the karma god. Maybe I need to start praying to Tim Tebow. He at least makes an effort to listen.

I had the same issue with best buy. However since I am a reasonable adult and this is just a video game I will wait patiently (albeit still tingling with anticipation) for my early access.

Same thing here. And due to SWTOR support not accepting .png files and my having to resubmit my code, I didn't get mine in until Dec 5th despite having pre-ordered Oct 30th. At the rate they've been moving, it seems fairly probable that we'll all be in at either the 4 or 5 day mark, so we still get most of the "up to 5 days"! :).

I feel your pain, I too am in a similar situation.

My wife and I pre-ordered the game when we heard that our local game retailer was taking them, that was back in Feb. of this year.

Then, in July, when BW announced offically that they were taking pre-orders, the wife and I went back to our local game retailer to get our codes. At that time EGA wasnt really announced, just the color stone.

Long story short, misplaced reciept, found reciept, code is missing, contact BOTH game retailer corporate hq, and BW.

Didnt get my code until the end of Nov.

Moral of the story...

Don't be lazy and order stuff online....actually leave your house, get some exercise and pre order in person. I went to Best Buy and got my code and it worked fine.

You do realize that when I called Best Buy this issue was affecting people that ordered online AND people that bought from the store.

Don't you feel like an idiot now?

I feel your pain, I too am in a similar situation.

My wife and I pre-ordered the game when we heard that our local game retailer was taking them, that was back in Feb. of this year.

Then, in July, when BW announced offically that they were taking pre-orders, the wife and I went back to our local game retailer to get our codes. At that time EGA wasnt really announced, just the color stone.

Long story short, misplaced reciept, found reciept, code is missing, contact BOTH game retailer corporate hq, and BW.

Didnt get my code until the end of Nov.

I'm sorry mate and I definitely empathize with you. Well, I'll hope for a few days early release then. Maybe we'll get in by Friday.