Will this setup run SWTOR on "High" with good performance?

Balderac

Needless to say - this game runs like crap on my old computer, so I'm upgrading it. Will SWTOR run on this setup with settings on high and no stuttering ?

To be honest I have my doubts, as this game does not feel optimized one bit.

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, Socket-2011

ATX, X79, 8xDDR3, 4xPCIe(3.0)x16, CFX&SLI, 2xGbLAN

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB CL9

Kit w/4x 4GB XMS3 modules, CL9-9-9-24, 1.5V, Venge

Intel® Core i7-3930K Processor

Socket-LGA2011, Six Core, 3.2Ghz, 12MB, Boxed, no

Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 CPU Cooler

Socket 2011, 300~1300 RPM, 63.4~110.3 m³/h, 12,6~

And my good old graphics card:

AMD Radeon HD 6870

Brace yourself.

You're about to get a whole crap ton of people saying there is absolutely nothing you can do to make the game run any better. Don't listen to them. In the thread I linked I toughed it out through massive QQ and trolling and some forum-goers actually helped me get my rig running SWTOR beautifully.

PS - I think everything there looks pretty solid. Not sure about the GPU though.

Edited by Chevex

SWTOR basically runs crap on every computer.

That is, except on the ones the fanboy legions are using. They haven't encountered a single problem. EVER. But you'll get those posts soon enough.

Funny. You so donot know what your talking about. Some are having issues...granted. But most are not. Such as myself. The game plays flawlessly on my I7 2600, Radeon 6850, slow 5400 rpm harddrive. I was in the second wave of the early access and the game has not locked up or crashed a single time. Sure there are some bugs..but for a new release..it is really in good shape.

For the OP..your system will run the game fine. Just keep in mind..donot have any crap running in the background..I mean..a clean system at bootup.

Edited by Valkirus

You came here posting a $600 dollar CPU asking if it will run a game well?

Thanks for fishing for compliments.

Hey, my old one is a Core 2 DUO E6600 if that makes you feel any better. Anyhow, I don't think the six cores are gonna make any difference, as I find it hard to belive Bioware even managed to code this game to use two cores efficiently:rolleyes:

Edited by Balderac

I'm thinking this is a troll thread because the OP knows good and well that the 'high' setting is actually the 'medium' setting from BETA and just has to rub our faces in it.

Edit: Also he quit days ago so why would he be buying a new computer to run the game?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1524215#post1524215

Yep, account is still cancelled - and my 30 days will run out. Unless they make or announce some sought for changes by then. Then again - I might reactivate later when things are fixed.

Needless to say - this game runs like crap on my old computer, so I'm upgrading it. Will SWTOR run on this setup with settings on high and no stuttering ?

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, Socket-2011

ATX, X79, 8xDDR3, 4xPCIe(3.0)x16, CFX&SLI, 2xGbLAN

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB CL9

Intel® Core i7-3930K Processor

Socket-LGA2011, Six Core, 3.2Ghz, 12MB, Boxed, no

Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 CPU Cooler

Socket 2011, 300~1300 RPM, 63.4~110.3 m³/h, 12,6~

AMD Radeon HD 6870

The only computer I would say would have a chance of running perfectly would be a beast of a machine that you would not have to ask about. This game is just messed up, period.

If you have anything open but the game like internet explorer to compensate for the lack of music in this game, you will dip to 20-30 FPS (if you don't alreaddy)

No problems on my machine. Except the blinking green lights that I wish they would fix.

I've had one client crash in the entire time I've played (approx 27 days?)

It doesn't run slow, it doesn't overheat, it doesn't catch fire.........it doesn't make cookies.

But it works.

Signed

-Fanboi

If you have not purchased it yet I would change how you spend your money. Most games cant thread more then 4 cores so an i5 is plenty. Save the money a i7 will cost and put it toward a new gpu.

I'm running a i5 sandy bridge overclocked to 4.2ghz and its smooth, very fast and cool.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115073

Save up some cash and make your next purchase a GTX 580. Its a beast of a gpu and the game is running smooth. I have not had a single problem and my frame rates hit the 100's

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130587

If you want to save some coin the GTX 560 is a solid choice.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130604

A faster gpu will do more for you then a over kill cpu. And you dont need more then 4 cores at the moment. A i5 sandy bridge is a screaming cpu.

SWTOR basically runs crap on every computer.

That is, except on the ones the fanboy legions are using. They haven't encountered a single problem. EVER. But you'll get those posts soon enough.

Simple minded people saying simple minded things...

play on playa!

Asus Sabertooth 990fx MOBO $199.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9

AMD 1100T Phe II 6x $199.00

Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid Cooling System $64.00

AMD Radeon HD 6870

If you are building a computer, try this, might be cheaper and overall better. At least for this fanboy anyway. I do not have the 1100T BE CPU, but I know if my 1075T Amd CPU works great, then the 1100T or the 1090T BE will work. You also do not need 16gb of ram. 8 is more than enough unless you hate this game and only want to complain about how nothing ever works unless you are a fanboy.

Edited by Kraith

Hi,

I just purchased a new Astin Martin. Will it get me to the shops ?

I just got a new 6 foot blonde model girlfriend. Should I take her to the party at the weekend.

I just purchased some extra large condoms - will they work on my huge *****.

etc etc

etc

Hi,

I just purchased a new Astin Martin. Will it get me to the shops ?

I just got a new 6 foot blonde model girlfriend. Should I take her to the party at the weekend.

I just purchased some extra large condoms - will they work on my huge *****.

etc etc

etc

pics or it never happened!