Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Assassin Deception Spec significantly weaker per level than other classes?

Bahamude

I am a level 50 deception assassin in full tier 2 champion gear and I feel that my damage is lower than any other classes for sure. If you don't agree I would like to see any one of you beat an equally skilled and geared operative, or jedi sage for starters.

You can say all day long that this isn't balanced 1v1 and "your role in group pvp blah blah.... I think it is very bad design to have 0% chance to beat some classes 1v1. Just have to log and find something else to play if you are getting griefed cuz you sure won't win against several other classes

Edited by despised

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, not to troll, but honestly I was mudering **** all the way to belsavis and correllia, than had a hard time because I missed so much exp from stealthing through quests rather than killing trash (Don't mistake that to mean that I had an easy time because i just stealthed all the way to 50, i solo'd all zash and thanatan with NO issues.) On top of wiping out groups of 2 silver elite, 1 reg mob attackers.

Someone said it before me, but I think it needs to be reiterated. If your not using a tanking companion (khem val says hello) You're doing it wrong.

Unfortunately you've provided me with nothing to go on that doesn't say you weren't 4 or 5 levels higher than the mobs in the areas which the game automatically adjusts to make you more invincible. Level for level, if an Assassin Deception Spec is the same level as the mob given in any of the other classes, the Spec is in my experience by far the weakest. Get several classes of the SAME LEVEL together with mobs OF THE SAME LEVEL as the PCs and do the experiment. The problem doesn't manifest with the trash mobs but multiple silvers or the golds.

Nearly everyone I've spoken to who plays a Deception spec Assassin says Kehm is a terrible tank. My own experience bares out this as true. Quest gear is insufficient to keep him up especially against the storyline bosses. The fact you claim otherwise is at odds with what a lot of us are seeing and that's what we're trying to get to the bottom of.

Again, we're talking Deception spec here in case some people are actually other specs (madness or darkness) and not really reading what we're talking about here.

Through experimentation I have determined that the best companion for the Deception Spec is Talos, period. What's worse is I don't need to know how to play my classes to beat every PvE opponent I face as long as I have Talos and flail around.

The very idea that using Khem with only quest gear at the same mob level as Vash and Thanaton in the dreamscape alone and win against them is absurd. I was three levels higher and barely pulled it off. At 2 levels higher I couldn't do it. You'd have to produce a video and put it on You Tube before I'll even buy it.

Edited by Bahamude
clarification being nicer

Nearly everyone I've spoken to who plays a Deception spec Assassin says Kehm is a terrible tank. My own experience bares out this as true. Quest gear is insufficient to keep him up especially against the storyline bosses. The fact you claim otherwise and so far the only one to do so makes it more likely to me you're a troll and nothing you say is true.

You need to check some facts before you accuse someone of trolling. Nearly every single tank companion behaves the same way and has the same abilities. Khem is a bit unique because instead reducing incoming accuracy by 5 % he heals himeself and you. And thats about the only difference.

And your correct quest gear is ****. But if this guy used synthweaving to keep khem geared then he is a good companion.

p.s. dont use deception to level

Edited by Jaigen

I am a level 50 deception assassin in full tier 2 champion gear and I feel that my damage is lower than any other classes for sure. If you don't agree I would like to see any one of you beat an equally skilled and geared operative, or jedi sage for starters.

You can say all day long that this isn't balanced 1v1 and "your role in group pvp blah blah.... I think it is very bad design to have 0% chance to beat some classes 1v1. Just have to log and find something else to play if you are getting griefed cuz you sure won't win against several other classes

your using deception your arguments are invalid. operatives are easy if you get the drop on them. if they get the drop on you its game over. But i think thats fine

I think your experience is atypical among many deception spec assassins. May I ask how you're gearing yourself? I was using quest rewards for Khem and it was completely inadequate. Khem was getting destroyed and was often dead before too long. I admit I was using mods for my gear that were more balanced between Endurance and Willpower. Are you going more Endurance heavy or Willpower heavy? Also of the other mod attributes were you focusing on crit, power, surge, etc?

Early on I was only using quest rewards on Khem, but starting on Tatooine I'd equip him with blue level gear I'd get while questing. On Talos I picked up the commendations heavy armor legs for Khem which were really nice. I think I have two pieces of moddable gear on Khem at this point, I also used my Biochem to make implants for him. All his gear is Str, End, +Def, +Shield.

As for my gear, my helm, chest, legs, boots and lightsaber are modded. I focus on Willpower over Endurance, and grab +crit and +surge, then power (in that order) wherever I can. My crit ranges betwenn 19-22% most of the time, and I've read at 50 you want to shoot for 25-30% before gearing for surge and power. I mostly use my commendations to keep my mods updated and hit the GTN when commendations are insufficient.

As Biochem I always have health packs and willpower stims. The health packs are invaluable, especially the ones that heal you and your pet. Honestly, Biochem makes a huge difference and is really clutch sometimes.

Other than that, I always use interrupts, electrocute, gouge (think its called leg clip or something, sorry for the wow reference) as much as possible against elite mobs when I'm soloing. Force Cloak is always nice to reset a fight, or to give yourself time to set up for a fight you get thrown into after a conversation with an NPC. Mind Trap and Whirlwind are great ways to cc multiple mobs. I keybind every ability I use which makes combat a lot more responsive than hunting and pecking your keyboard or clicking.

That is all I can think of that I do that might be making a difference. If you're having trouble just keep on keeping on if you enjoy the class despite your issues. Keep in mind that some people just take to certain classes too (aka your mileage may vary). I tried leveling a Gunslinger before I start this Assassin. I quit him at 31 because he really didn't fit my playstyle and was kind of boring (felt like steady shot spamming hunters in BC, sorry for the wow reference again). At any rate, hope all that was clarifying.

You need to check some facts before you accuse someone of trolling. Nearly every single tank companion behaves the same way and has the same abilities. Khem is a bit unique because instead reducing incoming accuracy by 5 % he heals himeself and you. And thats about the only difference.

And your correct quest gear is ****. But if this guy used synthweaving to keep khem geared then he is a good companion.

p.s. dont use deception to level

In response to that last part -

Any particular reason? Are you suggesting Madness for people who don't want to level as a Tank?

In response to that last part -

Any particular reason? Are you suggesting Madness for people who don't want to level as a Tank?

I would indeed suggest madness. Deathfield is just an incredible grind tool and the lower tiers are also good. once you reach raze spec into darkness as the rest of the madness tree is a bit mediocre. Deception is all about high sustained dps against a single target all the while your very squishy.This makes deception a poor grind tree but it is a very good raid tree because of the high hp single targets in raids.as for myself i prefer to level with dark charge as i need to use seeth far less and the aoe effect also helps with grinding.

Deception is weak, period.

Anybody arguing against it is likely in an "UBER GUILD," AKA a guild that requires a lot of your time, attention, and leaves you with no life outside the MMO. These are the people who get geared and go into pre-made WZs and own, thinking "hey, my group owns, nothing wrong with the class/spec!!!" Except they're are short-sighted, because they only have their one perspective to share, which is out-of-whack IMHO.

I would indeed suggest madness. Deathfield is just an incredible grind tool and the lower tiers are also good. once you reach raze spec into darkness as the rest of the madness tree is a bit mediocre. Deception is all about high sustained dps against a single target all the while your very squishy.This makes deception a poor grind tree but it is a very good raid tree because of the high hp single targets in raids.as for myself i prefer to level with dark charge as i need to use seeth far less and the aoe effect also helps with grinding.

Thank you for clarifying that. What you said here makes a lot of sense while also explaining why you don't recommend Deception to level.

Early on I was only using quest rewards on Khem, but starting on Tatooine I'd equip him with blue level gear I'd get while questing. On Talos I picked up the commendations heavy armor legs for Khem which were really nice. I think I have two pieces of moddable gear on Khem at this point, I also used my Biochem to make implants for him. All his gear is Str, End, +Def, +Shield.

As for my gear, my helm, chest, legs, boots and lightsaber are modded. I focus on Willpower over Endurance, and grab +crit and +surge, then power (in that order) wherever I can. My crit ranges betwenn 19-22% most of the time, and I've read at 50 you want to shoot for 25-30% before gearing for surge and power. I mostly use my commendations to keep my mods updated and hit the GTN when commendations are insufficient.

As Biochem I always have health packs and willpower stims. The health packs are invaluable, especially the ones that heal you and your pet. Honestly, Biochem makes a huge difference and is really clutch sometimes.

Other than that, I always use interrupts, electrocute, gouge (think its called leg clip or something, sorry for the wow reference) as much as possible against elite mobs when I'm soloing. Force Cloak is always nice to reset a fight, or to give yourself time to set up for a fight you get thrown into after a conversation with an NPC. Mind Trap and Whirlwind are great ways to cc multiple mobs. I keybind every ability I use which makes combat a lot more responsive than hunting and pecking your keyboard or clicking.

That is all I can think of that I do that might be making a difference. If you're having trouble just keep on keeping on if you enjoy the class despite your issues. Keep in mind that some people just take to certain classes too (aka your mileage may vary). I tried leveling a Gunslinger before I start this Assassin. I quit him at 31 because he really didn't fit my playstyle and was kind of boring (felt like steady shot spamming hunters in BC, sorry for the wow reference again). At any rate, hope all that was clarifying.

Yes, I think every bit of information people can provide helps explain why we're seeing what we're seeing. Do you recall if you were leveling a few levels higher than the area? Around the 30s when I and many others were starting to experience a lot of the problems and saw Khem getting killed. Hoth was just an unpleasant place. My Khem just got eaten alive there.

I agree with the OP and I base my game play on my Assassin (31) and Marauder (25).

When compared my Assassin really isn't that great.

IE:

Last night I was trying to finish up they end of my Class Mission

(Kill Lord Zash)

and I couldn't kill her at all. I could only get her down to about 3/4 and then she would kill me. Given she is lvl 31 and I am lvl 31 w/ Val and we are both fully geared and using stims with buff 2000+ health.

I cc her and stun her but she still takes it to me. So what I am going to do is lvl up 2 lvls and go back to finish my Class Mission. (Sucks)

Now If I am playing my Marauder I can easily take a gold mob and not think much about it.

I would be nice to have a bit more DPS on my Assassin because right now I am lacking something.

How can kids be so bad and fail @ Lord Zash? It's not the class, it's you. Sure, its not AS good as other classes, but you must be so bad if you cant do that. Go play a class that takes no skill.

How can kids be so bad and fail @ Lord Zash? It's not the class, it's you. Sure, its not AS good as other classes, but you must be so bad if you cant do that. Go play a class that takes no skill.

Wow. Most useless post in this thread.

On-topic: I leveled much of the way to 50 going full Deception with Khem and can safely say it felt weaker than other full tree builds on Assassin, Mercenary, Juggernaut, or Operative. Someone will lol by comparisons but I am simply listing the classes I have played to a high level and experimented with different builds.

The difficulty is fun and it's great to stroke your own e-peen saying how leet you are and all, but I would not say it's balanced with other classes for leveling purposes.

Wow. Most useless post in this thread.

On-topic: I leveled much of the way to 50 going full Deception with Khem and can safely say it felt weaker than other full tree builds on Assassin, Mercenary, Juggernaut, or Operative. Someone will lol by comparisons but I am simply listing the classes I have played to a high level and experimented with different builds.

The difficulty is fun and it's great to stroke your own e-peen saying how leet you are and all, but I would not say it's balanced with other classes for leveling purposes.

If it's useless to state the obvious, which many of you seem to ignore, then sure.

I already said it's not AS good as other classes, but if you can't do your class quests at that level then it is definitively not the class, it's the player. So you can keep sugar coating it for kids and blaming it on a bad class, or you can tell them the truth so they can hopefully improve or go find a class that suits them better.

I leveled a deception assassin to 50 and I found it a little frustrating from time to time, but mostly it wasn't a huge deal. I wouldn't say it was easy, I found mid levels to be at their trickiest.

I had my first real problems at Alderaan, where I found I was underleveled for most content and stealthed past a lot of mobs with blackout to just complete things. I was about one level under what I should be IIRC but that was also a gear issue, and once corrected that I was able to start handling it again. Multiple silvers or gold + silvers would give me trouble, but vanish is there to reset and regroup, so to speak.

I defeated the Chapter 1 boss at level 29, died a few times while I got a feel for the fight and use lots of running away & hiding for CDs to come up. Used the 20m cooldown and got there on the third try. Lots of LoS tricks.

I was using Khem Val all the time until I got to Belsavis, where I geared up and switched to Ashara for double dps to get through mobs quicker. Against elites I switched back to Khem + Dark Charge. Voss was where I had some more trouble -- I had trouble getting Heroic groups much of the time and started just ignoring Heroic quests all together, and the XP missing started to show. I switched to actually using Talos and sticking in Dark Charge most of the time and found a much easier time of it. I despaired a little at the end of Voss because it felt like I couldn't complete the bosses at the end of either the planet quest or the class quest and it's the one time I actually had to just stop from frustration after several deaths. Class quest on Voss was particularly annoying because you couldn't res in the area, haha.

After about an hour and a half to cool down and not worry, I logged back on and took out both bosses on the first attempt -- sometimes it just goes to show, frustration and stress and too much concentration make us underperform? I guess :)

Completing the Voss bonus series and then back for the Hoth bonus series, I was halfway through 47 and headed to Corellia where I had no real troubles. Died a few times, mostly due to making mistakes (failed interrupts, etc). Hit level 50 at the end of the Corellia storyline and just had to finish up the final parts of the class quest.

For the last bit of the class quest on Corellia, the end boss' first Sith minion actually killed me, but the guy himself didn't. I dunno if it's funny or sad that his minion was more dangerous than I was, but I found that several enemies in the game (Force Twister?) that we fight as Sith Inq's several times are quite dangerous but also kinda easy to just run around and avoid aoes, using los to buy precious time. Whereas the minion was a melee attacker which always seemed to give that little bit more trouble. Took em out though, then chased em back to Korriban for that final showdown and done, horray.

I found when I used Khem/Xalek to tank they didn't so much as tank as hold aggro long enough. They'd die, but the enemy would be low enough that I could finish em off.

In brief:

- Use Talos when you have him, use Dark Charge when fighting golds. Your DPS suffers but your ability to stay in the fight and win it is way up. DPS companions are viable against normal enemies. As others have stated, swap companions as needed.

- Mind Trap is good for slicing up difficult groups.

- Interupts! We seem to get so many. Jolt, Overload, Low Slash, Electrocute.

- Don't try to go toe to toe with some of the bigger/harder bosses.

- If you find yourself frustrated with constantly dying on something, take a break maybe.

- I personally found Alderaan and Voss to be the trickiest of all the planets.

Not sure I've said anything other than rehash what others have said, but I thought I'd share my experiences. Can't really compare the Deception DPS output to other builds/classes because I haven't really played them as extensively yet but I found it just fine. Challenging at times, but fine.

Alenorah you haven't identified yourself as a Deception Assassin and have just decided to automatically blame the player. The evidence presented so far definitely indicates an underpowered design of the class. Period. It makes it challenging to play but not insurmountable- since obviously many of the posters made it to 50. The player's skill always matters but based on the information provided by a lot of posters they're playing the class right.

If the class design is flawed the more information we provide, the more Bioware has to go on to make minor adjustments to help make the class better.

I leveled a deception assassin to 50 and I found it a little frustrating from time to time, but mostly it wasn't a huge deal. I wouldn't say it was easy, I found mid levels to be at their trickiest.

I had my first real problems at Alderaan, where I found I was underleveled for most content and stealthed past a lot of mobs with blackout to just complete things. I was about one level under what I should be IIRC but that was also a gear issue, and once corrected that I was able to start handling it again. Multiple silvers or gold + silvers would give me trouble, but vanish is there to reset and regroup, so to speak.

I defeated the Chapter 1 boss at level 29, died a few times while I got a feel for the fight and use lots of running away & hiding for CDs to come up. Used the 20m cooldown and got there on the third try. Lots of LoS tricks.

I was using Khem Val all the time until I got to Belsavis, where I geared up and switched to Ashara for double dps to get through mobs quicker. Against elites I switched back to Khem + Dark Charge. Voss was where I had some more trouble -- I had trouble getting Heroic groups much of the time and started just ignoring Heroic quests all together, and the XP missing started to show. I switched to actually using Talos and sticking in Dark Charge most of the time and found a much easier time of it. I despaired a little at the end of Voss because it felt like I couldn't complete the bosses at the end of either the planet quest or the class quest and it's the one time I actually had to just stop from frustration after several deaths. Class quest on Voss was particularly annoying because you couldn't res in the area, haha.

After about an hour and a half to cool down and not worry, I logged back on and took out both bosses on the first attempt -- sometimes it just goes to show, frustration and stress and too much concentration make us underperform? I guess :)

Completing the Voss bonus series and then back for the Hoth bonus series, I was halfway through 47 and headed to Corellia where I had no real troubles. Died a few times, mostly due to making mistakes (failed interrupts, etc). Hit level 50 at the end of the Corellia storyline and just had to finish up the final parts of the class quest.

For the last bit of the class quest on Corellia, the end boss' first Sith minion actually killed me, but the guy himself didn't. I dunno if it's funny or sad that his minion was more dangerous than I was, but I found that several enemies in the game (Force Twister?) that we fight as Sith Inq's several times are quite dangerous but also kinda easy to just run around and avoid aoes, using los to buy precious time. Whereas the minion was a melee attacker which always seemed to give that little bit more trouble. Took em out though, then chased em back to Korriban for that final showdown and done, horray.

I found when I used Khem/Xalek to tank they didn't so much as tank as hold aggro long enough. They'd die, but the enemy would be low enough that I could finish em off.

In brief:

- Use Talos when you have him, use Dark Charge when fighting golds. Your DPS suffers but your ability to stay in the fight and win it is way up. DPS companions are viable against normal enemies. As others have stated, swap companions as needed.

- Mind Trap is good for slicing up difficult groups.

- Interupts! We seem to get so many. Jolt, Overload, Low Slash, Electrocute.

- Don't try to go toe to toe with some of the bigger/harder bosses.

- If you find yourself frustrated with constantly dying on something, take a break maybe.

- I personally found Alderaan and Voss to be the trickiest of all the planets.

Not sure I've said anything other than rehash what others have said, but I thought I'd share my experiences. Can't really compare the Deception DPS output to other builds/classes because I haven't really played them as extensively yet but I found it just fine. Challenging at times, but fine.

SaraLivia this was very useful. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience!

Hello I have read your posts and I feel you guys give a perfect view of the leveling process of the Shadow/ Assasin class

Once I Hit 50 i started the grind to rank 60 valor. Im currently rank 59

I feel that with more gear (battlemaster/champion fullset) Classes Become ALOT HARDER to BURST.

The assasin/shadow deception/ infiltraition spec relies ALOT around burst, and when to push our cooldowns so we can create a big Burst

As it stands in pretty much full champion gear. (dinged 50 only 1 to 2 weeks ago)

I can tear through the level 50s that just leveled due to my GEAR

When it comes to people my Equal Gear

I feel less optimal due to the fact that my crits that hit for 1k now crit for 300-500

This is EXPECTED with Expertise… Im just not sure what Bioware wants us to do. Should we Burst? SHould we utilize our taunts etc? I do Both but nooone can do BOTH AT THE SAME TIME

Alenorah you haven't identified yourself as a Deception Assassin and have just decided to automatically blame the player. The evidence presented so far definitely indicates an underpowered design of the class. Period. It makes it challenging to play but not insurmountable- since obviously many of the posters made it to 50. The player's skill always matters but based on the information provided by a lot of posters they're playing the class right.

If the class design is flawed the more information we provide, the more Bioware has to go on to make minor adjustments to help make the class better.

My mistake, i'll be more specific. I, Alenorah, a lvl 31 DECEPTION Assassin, slayed Lord Zash at lvl 31 without ANY help from another player, and without using ANY pots. I only had Khem by my side, and I used my 20min CD.

So when people QQ about how they take off 1/4 of Zash's HP then die, or struggling with random quests, it leads me to believe people must suck @ this class, or are undergeared and are too lazy to actually gear up and see if it makes a difference, so they QQ here instead. I already acknowledged the Assassin was NOT as good as other classes at leveling, but if somebody is failing that hard, it is most certainly a skill issue, not a class issue.

My mistake, i'll be more specific. I, Alenorah, a lvl 31 DECEPTION Assassin, slayed Lord Zash at lvl 31 without ANY help from another player, and without using ANY pots. I only had Khem by my side, and I used my 20min CD.

So when people QQ about how they take off 1/4 of Zash's HP then die, or struggling with random quests, it leads me to believe people must suck @ this class, or are undergeared and are too lazy to actually gear up and see if it makes a difference, so they QQ here instead. I already acknowledged the Assassin was NOT as good as other classes at leveling, but if somebody is failing that hard, it is most certainly a skill issue, not a class issue.

i also won the zash fight at the same lvl as her as a deception spec. The key to this fight is interrupting her casts, khem val even lived through mine and that was because i did not allow her to shread him and me with her massive aoe.

i did first act boss as deception and it was very easy. the elite before was even harder

its really just about interrupts. jolt electrocute, overload, low slash and the boss cant cast anything of trouble

later i switched to darkness with talos and second boss fight lv 42 i killed the apprentice really without losing any life or better said i had all my life all the time. talos is just great

my advice: hard fights use talos and use dark charge

but on the other side, i am not missing deception. 23/0/18 is really great also for pvp. i am level 42 and 23/0/10 so far and next level i get deathfield which i will highly appreciate for pvp...

deception needs some love though. the end tier talent is just another thrash and maul is very situational. and there isnt really more about deception

I played deception to 50 and found that as I got up to ~40 or so and things were even level that I had to put more thought into how I killed things. I found myself kiting things more frequently and cycling through CC abilities. On some of the fights I found I had to interrupt just the right thing and make sure I paid attention to everything that was going on.

I abused force cloak constantly and generally started every pull with at least 1 mob CC'd and I'd shock and kill my way through the weaker stuff.

I'd pretty much assumed everyone was going to see something similar.

Of course then I made some alts and found that as a bounty hunter the game feels much easier and much more forgiving.

I kind of feel like the assassin difficulty is probably closer to correct and other classes just have it easy.

I played deception to 50 and found that as I got up to ~40 or so and things were even level that I had to put more thought into how I killed things. I found myself kiting things more frequently and cycling through CC abilities. On some of the fights I found I had to interrupt just the right thing and make sure I paid attention to everything that was going on.

I abused force cloak constantly and generally started every pull with at least 1 mob CC'd and I'd shock and kill my way through the weaker stuff.

I'd pretty much assumed everyone was going to see something similar.

Of course then I made some alts and found that as a bounty hunter the game feels much easier and much more forgiving.

I kind of feel like the assassin difficulty is probably closer to correct and other classes just have it easy.

You're over thinking the spec. Use Talos or Khem and just focus on doing as much damage as possible. Khem will die or be left with 15% HP a lot of time but it literally takes .5 sec if outside or 1.5 sec if you're inside to get him to 100%. The only time I ever focused on CCing targets was when I was running 2+ heroics solo and I'd hardly consider those types of situations "normal" for the leveling process.

Get moddable gear and keep your mods current. If you are wise with your credits, get some Orange gear for your companion, or use PvP comms. Keep them up to date with your level as well. Spend your first 7 comms on a planet for the best hilt you can get and just kill. It's not difficult it takes little strategy.

I do agree that some classes have it easier but that's just the nature of MMOs. Deception is a very misunderstood spec because most people seem to think you play it like a rogue and to a small extent you do, but not completely. I like to equate deception more to a feral druid, in wow terms, than a rogue.

Edited by Cowflab

Honestly? One of the biggest downfalls of the Deception Spec is that we're obviously meant to be a Stealth class, yet we only have a single ability worth using out of Stealth. And, it's a CC ability. Our supposed opener (Spike) is utter garbage and the regen gained through talents should be our baseline regen since we have no way to really increase our Force.

Spike should be doing more damage than Execute (only if used from stealth), which should be doing more damage with a lower global. Either that, or make Tumult be able to do it's full damage on ANY mob or player that is knocked down and still lower the Global on Spike to about .5 of a second. Just like that, we have a decently damaging opener that looks sweet and can be quickly followed up by Maul.

The above combo (if you follow the damage buffed one with maul) would be enough to essentially down any silver mob and take a huge chunk out of any gold in our opening salvo. Which is how a stealth class SHOULD work.

We also need a true way to get into range of a target. Force Speed is a joke, plain and simple. I'd suggest an ability that automatically puts us behind a target with half the range of Force Leap. Ideally, if used from stealth, it would make your next ability crit 100% of the time. If used from non stealth, it would put you into stealth behind the target.

Speaking of stealth, it needs to be buffed. Baseline, the first attack out of it should have a 50% increased chance to crit. If not baseline, drop the useless +10 force talent and make this effect take it's place. Why are we called Assassin's when we're better off fighting outside of Stealth? Faster movement speed means easier backstabs. Looking at the Deception tree, nearly every other talent (the -30% aoe damage helps prevent enemies from killing our squishy selves by proxy) is better spent than the movement speed buff one.

If you notice, I am only calling for buffs on what...4 things that would drastically improve the deception spec. Our moves have a lot of restrictions on them, but with no real benefit. All I did is give them a benefit for their restrictions.

you are either really REALLY bad or I cant explain, i've done the whole storyline and i've been always UNDER the level i was supposed to be i finished the story at lvl 47 and no problem at all, I did it all alone incase you think I was grouped or something.

yes deception tree

Killed Zash at lvl 30 with no help.

I skip quests often and end up on a new planet 2-3 levels below the quests. It can be difficult but is doable, I have done it.

I got to Hoth at lvl 35 and I'm doing fine. Almost 37 as I write this.

Other classes may be easier for various reasons but assassin deception spec can hold its own. This is not a one button, key smashing class. You have to combo abilitys.

Another note; opening with stealth is a joke. Its more to avoid mobs and get you out of trouble.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.