The logic behind star wars needs an explenation

Bhemont

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How come when I kick a droid in his metallic balls he doubles over clutching his stomach.

If this is programming to emulate human genealogical traits.

Who would/why would this be mass produced into AI like this into millions of combat droids of various brand / age.

Edited by Harower

I realize this is a fantasy, but it is meant to be a sci fi as well, some of these really irk me.

• Why does flashbang grenade blind the Miraluka?

• Why is there sound and fire in space?

• How, or why doe some droids act like they have feelings/personality when they are simply an AI?

• With hyperdrive/FTL travel, how come there are planets/star systems that are still uncharted and unknown?

• In one scene, an npc was talking with an individual in a holo recorder, I approach the recorder from the other side, the individual who was being recorded had to turn around to be able to see me, and speak with me, how on earth does that work, was he in some kind of 3D spectrum machine?

• Force corruption on everyone that do evil deeds?

1. A wizard did it.

2. The droids are built to mimic those responses without actually having any self-awareness. They are basically Chinese Rooms

3. Multi-thousand year history with many civilizations rising and falling means that while everything about the galaxy may be known, no-one knows everything.

4. A wizard did it.

5. A WIZARD DID IT.

I realize this is a fantasy, but it is meant to be a sci fi as well, some of these really irk me.

• Why does flashbang grenade blind the Miraluka?

• Why is there sound and fire in space?

• How, or why doe some droids act like they have feelings/personality when they are simply an AI?

• With hyperdrive/FTL travel, how come there are planets/star systems that are still uncharted and unknown?

• In one scene, an npc was talking with an individual in a holo recorder, I approach the recorder from the other side, the individual who was being recorded had to turn around to be able to see me, and speak with me, how on earth does that work, was he in some kind of 3D spectrum machine?

• Force corruption on everyone that do evil deeds?

so you can question all sifi movies than too...

you dont have other problems?

• Why cant I receive messages (mail) on my ship, if not my holo communicator?

• Why can't I bio-analyse humanoid mobs?

• Why can my skilled Armour tech not repair the chest piece he made, but any random bar tender can?

• Why can I seath for 15 seconds and put myself in perfect health from an epic arse-kicking?

• Why do NPC's want every person who walks by him get the same darn security key?

• Yea, it's best not to get caught up in science with this ;)

• Because you can't exactly holo items to a person? Credit chips, actual items...kind of hard to beam them to your ship.

• Same reason you can cure diseases by analyzing plants and animals in the real world....but not humans.

• Because it's a game mechanic.

• Because you're calling on the Force to heal you.

• Again, game mechanic. Would you rather have quests that can only be done once per server?

• That's why it's Science Fantasy.

Aside from the obvious dumb questions, i.e. "it's a game mechanic", there are actual reasons for the rest.

That's the game, as for the movies...

• Why does every planet have the same gravity or at least there is never any notable difference?

• Why to most (all?) planets only have 1 ecosystem?

• Suspension of Disbelief. It's hard to film large scenes with dozens of people and make them realistically have a different gravity. Ergo, they have a normal gravity....or at least one that's not notably different.

• Because they can? And not all of them do have only one ecosystem.

Edited by Jxspyder

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.