The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

People aren't bothering to gear up

LMYoda

Remember good ppl names and add them to your friends list. Problem solved

Besides good gear and high dps doesn't mean there smart enough to move out of the fire so it doesnt solve the problem anyways...

This is exactly what i was talking about in the LFD thread, all this is lost if they make LFD available and so the possibility of grouping with people who use low gear is increased. Yet another reason not to have LFD. :)

I love server rep and i rally hope it isn't removed.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In the early days of WoW you had to raid with greens and blues, for some items it took 2-3 raid content releases to get epics in those slots, mostly for trinkets...

Skill > Gear, the fact that its a numbers game doesnt mean you cant skew the odds with skill, proper rotation, resource management(esp for Troopers/BH and Smug/Ops) and good situational awareness beats gear, doesn't matter what gear you have you cant simply face roll trough the instance.

Dead DPS = No DPS

Dead Healer = Wipe

I rather have a dps in greens that avoids AoE and other avoidable attacks than having some full calumni wowzer that expects the healer to heal him trough every **** the boss throws at them.

I'd say Skill > Gear is how it SHOULD be, but it isnt.

I'm in a guild with a lot of of Ex-Wow Raiders who they say have raided harcore since WoW Release, I personally never played WoW, I played other Games as a Raider. at the Start, Esseles Hard Mode we couldnt do, when we had green's and blue's and some orange at level 50. We went away, did PvP got a fair few champion pieces, I'd say at least 4 Armor pieces of the Champion set, and We did it first try. Unfortunatley Gear DOES matter right now. As we now sit in most of the Rakata Set, and almost Full Columi gear, we know this as a hard fact.

Edited by Alohen

Not to this extent. In WoW, people usually get the best gear and enchants available from heroic 5-mans before joining PUG raids.

Not true. Until they had a gear block (i.e a built in gear score) I used to see tons of people who used LFD tool for heroics wearing crappy levelling gear.

The only reason that more lately people have had to gear up is because they introduced the gear block. This means without a certain item level you cannot even queue. This was not in force in WotLK expansion until they introduced the three Icecrown dungeons in the last major content patch.

In the early days of WoW you had to raid with greens and blues, for some items it took 2-3 raid content releases to get epics in those slots, mostly for trinkets...

Skill > Gear, the fact that its a numbers game doesnt mean you cant skew the odds with skill, proper rotation, resource management(esp for Troopers/BH and Smug/Ops) and good situational awareness beats gear, doesn't matter what gear you have you cant simply face roll trough the instance.

Dead DPS = No DPS

Dead Healer = Wipe

I rather have a dps in greens that avoids AoE and other avoidable attacks than having some full calumni wowzer that expects the healer to heal him trough every **** the boss throws at them.

I agree with it, sadly SWTORs creators do not. En-Rage blocks out green's dps.:(

I agree with it, sadly SWTORs creators do not. En-Rage blocks out green's dps.:(

Exactly. This This and This.

If Tanks have green gear - too squishy - wipe.

Healer has green gear - heals aren't good enough - can possibly cause wipe

DPS have green gear - dps is crap - wipe

how unfortunate Bioware did this.

Also for the story. Kinda lame what they did with HK-47. Its as if he was just a nobody who says meat-bag. I cringe to think of the travesty they probably did to Revan playing Empire side. Geuss ill find out when I roll Empire.

I'm standing by my assertion that he was merely an inferior copy, it HAD to be, HK 47 would not have done that to me...

I saved him on Tatooine...

I know he's a psycho, but he was my psycho...

/cry

Sounds like a good argument to not have DPS meters.

If you want to do hard mode content; do it with your guild?

Completely agree!

Oh better yet, maybe OP should stop worrying about others and just get so good at his own character he doesnt care what others wear!

This is a WOW thing, saw it in RIFT as well and this mentality HAS TO BE REMOVED FROM MMORPGs.

Rift was terrible, they actually wouldnt let players into dungeons with out special stated gear.

Didnt make those players any better, in fact they are to this day some of the WORST PLAYERS IVE EVER SEEN! Unable to think on the fly, unable to adapt to situations. They brag about their gear like that proves they good players when it fact all it proved in Rift is they found a crafter to sell it.

TThis whole stat based / damage meter nonsense has to be driven out of MMORPGs like the cancer it is!

Maybe then these players will actually get better at their classes.

Doing away with respecs woudl go along ways as well so players actually, you know, MASTERED THEIR BUILD!

Todays MMORPGs are filled with Jacks of all trades, masters of none.

Id much rather enter a hard mode dungeon with a palyer in green gear who understands the ins and outs of his/her class then some yahoo thats worried about what everyone is wearing rather then how everyone does in action.

I hope Bioware puts a option in that allows players to DECLINE the ability of otehrs to inspect you.

It really is none of anyone but your self bussiness.

The letdown of this decade is the failure of this game as an mmo. You should have just given us a new kotor, with awesome graphics and a lan option. Did you expect we would just be impressed even though EA forced you to save money on integral parts of the game? What a shame :( Edited by Blackweb

Any peice of orange gear can be modded with Ilum/Belsavis daily mods and armour to be as good as Tionese gear.

Get over the whole 'Purple is better' thing, look at the rating.

i've got the orange armor, and some mods from correllia, but they seem to be capped at lvl49. is that still considered epic? actually i need to get more commendations for corr, but i'd rather just buy the mods with creds instead...

Yippie a DPS meter! Where's the ask for a heal meter or the damage mitigate/taken meter? Without the rest of the metrics all a DPS meter becomes is a tool for tools to brag over. There's more than one type of player in a party, how about some love for the healers and tanks, or better yet, just please no parsing data, all I ever see it do in MMO's is encourage a second rate measure of elitism where the real measure should be constant success without rampant death regardless of the numbers.

Few people do normal-mode FPs at lvl 50 because they don't award good gear. PUGs are basically only forming for hard-mode flashpoints in my server.

This.

I've been LFG to do Directive 7 (normal) for the last 3-4 days... Belsavis/Ilum dailies you say? But I have to be in the fleet to LFG effectively! yeah I know about the LFG flag and I use it as intended, however most people do not... and this is being a healer, I can't imagine finding a group as a DPS with a system like this.

So, I'm about to say "screw this, I'll join a HM and see how things go", maybe exacerbating OPs issue.

But I'm also about to say "screw this game" altogether, but that's another story.

This is exactly what i was talking about in the LFD thread, all this is lost if they make LFD available and so the possibility of grouping with people who use low gear is increased. Yet another reason not to have LFD. :)

I love server rep and i rally hope it isn't removed.

No, u can make it so u cant join hardmodes with LFG with gear thats not up to it.

Yet another reason to have a LFG.

People are joining heroics wearing greens although lvl 49-50 epic items are cheap and plentiful on AH.

They get away with it because there are no DPS meters. It's hard to find good people for PUGs.

Please add damage meters to the game to improve the quality of players.

So ridiculous do you know that? Seriously why don't people inspect before they pug. What a poor excuse to demand dps meters. You are a perfect example of why they are not needed in this game, you couldn't even take the time to inspect or talk to people in your group. This is not WoW. Don't try and make this game into WoW. WoW's time is about over.

I'd say Skill > Gear is how it SHOULD be, but it isnt.

I'm in a guild with a lot of of Ex-Wow Raiders who they say have raided harcore since WoW Release, I personally never played WoW, I played other Games as a Raider. at the Start, Esseles Hard Mode we couldnt do, when we had green's and blue's and some orange at level 50. We went away, did PvP got a fair few champion pieces, I'd say at least 4 Armor pieces of the Champion set, and We did it first try. Unfortunatley Gear DOES matter right now. As we now sit in most of the Rakata Set, and almost Full Columi gear, we know this as a hard fact.

Ofc gear does matter, why should it not??

Bad players with good gear will still fail, if they dont outgear the content by far but we are not there yet.

You kids today are spoiled.

World of Warcraft? You think that is raiding?

Having plug ins to tell you when to hit dodge, when to back up, when to heal, when to wipe your butt.

Having gear scores to tell you "It's ok to raid, you can face roll this instance now!"

You don't want proper raiding, you want to have your hand held.

This isnt WoW, greens can be fine. Its good there are no damage meters because at the end of the day, if you down the mobs and complete the content then the gear and the players are fine.

Well the problem was that he DIDENT down the mobs, so at the end of the day he could use a damage meter.

Why do people wana get carried in PvE?

you kids today are spoiled.

World of warcraft? You think that is raiding?

Having plug ins to tell you when to hit dodge, when to back up, when to heal, when to wipe your butt.

Having gear scores to tell you "it's ok to raid, you can face roll this instance now!"

you don't want proper raiding, you want to have your hand held.

exactly!

Having gear scores to tell you "It's ok to raid, you can face roll this instance now!"

LOL!

:ph_win:

I like both wow and swtor, pls dont talk about stuff u dont know anything about.