healing leveling viable?

derekreevs

I leveled my BH in bodyguard spec from the first lvl to lvl 50 and didnt for me it didnt feel slow at all.

I was able to do all the heroic 2+ and some heroic 4+ on my own, sure you get to a point in higher lvls where there are healing mobs and your dmg output isnt enoug to kill them, then it´s just using cc at the correct time in order to kill them.

So I am arsenal spec right now, level 28. Just about to get my next companion on tatooin, and was thinking about going healer spec and using my new non healer companion.

Is this viable or is everything gonna be super slow?

It's definitely viable and not super slow. Instead of using a healer or tank companion you can roll with a dps companion once you get one.

It's of course still slower to quest as healer; and the difference is quite noticeable, especially above level 30 when you encounter more and more strong and elite mobs.

That said though, it's often easier to find a group for flashpoints or heroic quests; which I guess partially offsets it.

And if you plan to be a healer at level 50, that helps as well as you pick up quite a bit of experience along the way.

Very much so. And once you can shelve Mako for Gault or Torian they will tear mobs apart. I open on a mob group with DFA or a missle combo, then pick one that's still standing and by the time I'm done with them, the boys have cleaned up the rest. I've no problem keeping them healed through boss battles either. CC the big guy, whittle down the pack (both Torian and Gault are good at not breaking CC) and then turn your minion on the boss while healing away and adding in a little damage here and there.

Plus I get a lot of practice on healing rotations for group runs.

I am leveling as a BG Merc myself, but I did throw 8 points into Arsenal, mainly for missile damage and the 9% Aim increase. I am having no trouble so far at 31. I just got to Alderran and it seems a little bit tougher already, but I put a good sniper rifle in Gault's hands and he tears through mobs pretty damn quick.

I leveled 1-50 as arsenal with Mako. At 50 I had to spec bodyguard and did the corellia / ilum quests with Torian. So in direct comparison, from one day to the other I can say: NOPE, thats crap. I think I´m nearly 100% faster with arsenal spec at silver / gold mobs. You dont have burst dmg, you have to use rapid shots often and to heal much more because of the long fight.