Early Access was misleading

Mythbran

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all the English majors out there, the point is customer relations. EA never gave people an idea how many days they would be eligible for at the time of purchase. Simply taking their money in September and beyond while making the same promise was misleading. They knew those people would not get 5 days of early access. They should have been more upfront with those people.

They were.

Again....MAY and UP TO.

Also..the entire blurb about when you enter your code determines when you get in.

They were up front.

Edited by Miyaka

Up to 5 days early was misleading to many of us. EA should have explained that if you register later than August the reality would have been only one or two days early. No real reason for not letting more people in and they are starting off on a sour note for many people. Considering a refund rather than pay a premium for something that turns out to be much less than anticipated. Which is what you could call the definition of disappointment.

Would have been nice if EA said upfront that they only expect you to get in one day early if you register in November instead of just taking people's money.

It was only misleading to people with sub-80 IQ's....

regardless of 99% of the kids that are on the forums saying "it was perfectly clear!" "what didnt you understand about EGA!"

aight kids let me explain how adults understand this..

Hey! if i pre-order this game i get EGA! COOL! ill do it...

YOU:

EGA comes: ***... umm you mean i dont get EGA? ohhhhh i get EGA acess when you decide i am worthy.. ahh.. that wasnt what you said in july.. you said 5 days EGA..

BW Officials:

btw we gonna do waves and gl getting in when we think you should.. and thanks again for preordering our game and spending alot more than if you waited till dec 20th!

NOWHERE did i see "EGA using waves and you MIGHT get in if we accidentally send you an email"

i simply saw "EGA up to 5 days, depending on release availability"

that is suggestive and misleading.. i rate BW a 1 out of 5 for this release.

Ive participated in 89% of the MMO's that have come out for years now. I code and develop addons for games like this. I have a masters degree in computer engineering. and i know how to read. treating customers with misleading information and random invites leads to a failed game after launch.

gl getting in AUG 18th preorder still not in.

Thanks to all the English majors out there, the point is customer relations. EA never gave people an idea how many days they would be eligible for at the time of purchase. Simply taking their money in September and beyond while making the same promise was misleading. They knew those people would not get 5 days of early access. They should have been more upfront with those people.

A good example of making up your own reality.

You not comprehending what they said is not the same as misleading people.

Not even close.

Up to 5 days early was misleading to many of us. EA should have explained that if you register later than August the reality would have been only one or two days early. No real reason for not letting more people in and they are starting off on a sour note for many people. Considering a refund rather than pay a premium for something that turns out to be much less than anticipated. Which is what you could call the definition of disappointment.

Would have been nice if EA said upfront that they only expect you to get in one day early if you register in November instead of just taking people's money.

You sound like another reader who just can't comprehend simple words.

I bet your one of ths people that gets called suckers cause you fall for things like:

Get it Now, while supplies last! OR

It's less that $100 get it now for only $99.99.

It clearly stated. "May get up to 5 days."

Meaning 1 day to 5 days. Nothing misleading about it. It's your own fault for not understanding it or simply refusing to understand it if you really read it at all.

Ummm yea about that...Once July was cleared all August and September was admitted, and from all the posts across all social networks I'm reading, pretty much instantly, and from what I see they have early October, And just so you know its the 14th, not the 15th, Technically we have 1 extra day that wasn't even supposed to be given to us, your griping about loosing 1 day on a 5(7) day scale that honestly was truely a gift to be given to us in the first place? I know I didn't get those kinds of Blessings from WOW ill tell you that much!

Edited by DarthPuckett

regardless of 99% of the kids that are on the forums saying "it was perfectly clear!" "what didnt you understand about EGA!"

YOU:

EGA comes: ***... umm you mean i dont get EGA? ohhhhh i get EGA acess when you decide i am worthy.. ahh.. that wasnt what you said in july.. you said 5 days EGA..

BW Officials:

btw we gonna do waves and gl getting in when we think you should.. and thanks again for preordering our game and spending alot more than if you waited till dec 20th!

NOWHERE did i see "EGA using waves and you MIGHT get in if we accidentally send you an email"

Ive participated in 89% of the MMO's that have come out for years now. I code and develop addons for games like this. I have a masters degree in computer engineering. and i know how to read. treating customers with misleading information and random invites leads to a failed game after launch.

And I have 14 degrees in Derpology.

You sound like another reader who just can't comprehend simple words.

I bet your one of ths people that gets called suckers cause you fall for things like:

Get it Now, while supplies last! OR

It's less that $100 get it now for only $99.99.

It clearly stated. "May get up to 5 days."

Meaning 1 day to 5 days. Nothing misleading about it. It's your own fault for not understanding it or simply refusing to understand it if you really read it at all.

sorry kid i still have the email from the original "PRE-ORDER and get beta access"

"EGA up to 5 days, depending on release availability"

YOU:

BW Officials:

Well quite frankly, coming from an adult who read it and thinks it is quite clear.

Go back to school. You obviously did not get it the first time.

I'm very upset about how misled I was. I was promised up to 5 days access, instead I got up to 7! For shame bioware!

Why do people not get this. In order for the term, "up to 5 days" to be true, there would of needed to be some chance at getting 5 days early access, even if it was only 1 in a million.

But the fact is if you pre ordered after a certain date, you never had any chance of getting up to 5 days early access.

The advertising was purposely miss leading.

YOU:

BW Officials:

It seems there is at least one other person over the age of 12 posting here, thank you, you did a better job explaining this than I have.

YOU:

BW Officials:

Cool ... tell me where you bought your masters degree without being able to understand a simple sentence, I would LOVE to buy one too.

Even if they said something with release availability in the past, the news that Early Game Access MAY be UP TO five days is now some months old, and that sentence isn't that hard to understand. Or is it? And you could have cancelled your preorder in all these months. If you didn't it is clearly your own fault Mr. "masters degree and programming myself herpaderp"

I entered my preorder code on 21, and I'm in. Bet you forget to enter yours, genius.

Why do people not get this. In order for the term, "up to 5 days" to be true, there would of needed to be some chance at getting 5 days early access, even if it was only 1 in a million.

But the fact is if you pre ordered after a certain date, you never had any chance of getting up to 5 days early access.

HAHAHAH !

- Soo funny ..

There is still SIX days till launch of the game, and you are already crying?

- My best friend redeemed his code on 2nd of November, and he is playing this very moment.

So please get a real life or take a chill pill, you where never PROMISED 5 DAYS, but UP TO! - Witch makes a HUGE difference.

That's not how it works. No promise was ever made that you or anyone would get any specific amount of time. Up to indicated that you would receive anywhere between 0 and 5 days of bonus time. You might still get 4 or 5 days depending on how invites go tomorrow. Now, they decided to start early and some people got 6 or 7 days.

The possibility still exists for you to get 5 days. Again, depending on how invites are going. Actually. By starting invites early. They have increased the chance for people who pre-orded very late to get a longer period of EGA. So be happy.

Lack of comprehension =/= misleading.

Why is it misleading? Stephen Reid said at the very least you will get 1 day of early access. That satisfies the "up to 5 days" part of the early access.

It's not their fault you don't understand what "up to" means.

1) What part of up to you failed to understand? If you would QQ about grace, then yeah they blew it, but the up to 5 days was always like that.

2) It is 6 days before launch now... last wave today had people from October 3rd get in... as it seems now there is a very good chance that tomorrow everyone will get in, which will make it exactly 5 days early access plus/minus couple of hours.

3) In the WORST case scenario - by Friday evening everyone will be in.

It really wasn't. The terms were spelled out for the beginning, and its not the responsibility of bioware or any company to make sure they change their ads to more accurately express what they project. May get UP TO five days is more than fair when they made ample effort to express that the earlier you pre-order, the more likely to get more time.

BioWare didn't know what the numbers would be, so there would be no way for them to say when certain people would get in. And that's assuming everything even went smoothly; if something had crashed and they had to slow down the rate of new people, we'd see even more rage from people saying they were supposed to get in on x day and didn't.

There was nothing misleading about it. It clearly said that pre-ordering would get you up to 5 days access, and if you read the rest of the page it also said that it would be a on a first-come first-served basis.

Redeemed my pre-order on 30th of september and I got in on the last wave yesterday, but even if I didn't it wasn't misleading we waited longer to order and we've known since the begining that when you ordered would determine when you got in.