Early Access was misleading

Mythbran

Up to 5 days early was misleading to many of us. EA should have explained that if you register later than August the reality would have been only one or two days early. No real reason for not letting more people in and they are starting off on a sour note for many people. Considering a refund rather than pay a premium for something that turns out to be much less than anticipated. Which is what you could call the definition of disappointment.

Would have been nice if EA said upfront that they only expect you to get in one day early if you register in November instead of just taking people's money.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Up to 5 days early was misleading to many of us. EA should have explained that if you register later than August the reality would have been only one or two days early. No real reason for not letting more people in and they are starting off on a sour note for many people. Considering a refund rather than pay a premium for something that turns out to be much less than anticipated. Which is what you could call the definition of disappointment.

Would have been nice if EA said upfront that they only expect you to get in one day early if you register in November instead of just taking people's money.

How is it misleading? It stated you MAY GET UP TO 5 days. That means anywhere between 1 - 5 days. It didn't say you WOULD, not amount of time was guaranteed. I'm sorry if you failed to comprehend what "MAY GET UP TO" meant, but it is your fault for assuming it meant anything more.

It wasn't misleading. You just have reading issues.

Nothing misleading about that.

The text below would indead have been misleading.

5 days early was misleading to many of us. EA should have explained that if you register later than August the reality would have been only one or two days early.

well, i dont know what you read but i read that i MAYbe get to play UP TO five (thats everything from 1 to five days) before the 20st.

oh, i pre ordered nov 28 and i dont give a tiny rats behind on if it will be 5 or 1 day or even none at all, what i was looking for is to have the client installed and ready to go at launch, and thats done since monday.... so yeah.

UP TO 5 days early was misleading to many of us. EA should have explained that if you register later than August the reality would have been only one or two days early. No real reason for not letting more people in and they are starting off on a sour note for many people. Considering a refund rather than pay a premium for something that turns out to be much less than anticipated. Which is what you could call the definition of disappointment.

There I fixed it for you, notice the words that stick out. You just invalidated your entire comment. They never promised five days, what they did promise is up above.

As I have said on other such threads, keep up ya whining and you'll slip down the invite list. Play nice, wait your turn, stop crying such tasteless tears of anguish, go outside, get some fresh air then come back and go play another game.

People like you don't deserve early access. Yeah five days early, if you get in tomorrow you got ya five days. These days have been a bonus.

Be greatful and go download a life while you're waiting. People like you give gamers a bad name.

/rant

*goes back to patiently waiting and enjoying the bonus music cues*

What is going on with the education system these days? Can people not read

I think it's the comprehension that is lacking...and there is always the "blame everyone else for my mistakes" mentality that seems to be amazingly prevalent.

Thanks to all the English majors out there, the point is customer relations. EA never gave people an idea how many days they would be eligible for at the time of purchase. Simply taking their money in September and beyond while making the same promise was misleading. They knew those people would not get 5 days of early access. They should have been more upfront with those people.

Others covered the the "Up to 5 days" part. What I want to ask the OP and anyone else who agrees with him is, what do you think you have paid for so far?

Most Pre-order retailers don't charge until the game ships, and for those that charge a $5 fee, that fee is just a pre-order charge and that $5 gets applied to the cost of the retail box. So what you paid for is the game and nothing more. Early access was a privilege not a right.

Just like people hear what they want to hear, people read what they want to read.

November/December rolls around, I think I'll pre-order SW:TOR, ooooo lookie 5 days early access.

Wait a second. Read it again

UP TO 5 days early access.

ARGGG RAWLLLLL I suck at reading!

It's all EA/Bioware's fault I suck at reading!

may v. a choice to act or not, or a promise of a possibility, as distinguished from "shall" which makes it imperative. 2) in statutes, and sometimes in contracts, the word "may" must be read in context to determine if it means an act is optional or mandatory, for it may be an imperative. The same careful analysis must be made of the word "shall." Non-lawyers tend to see the word "may" and think they have a choice or are excused from complying with some statutory provision or regulation. (See: shall)

You people slamming the ones concerned with the way EA handled their marketing are fools. Keep screaming your drivel. It could of been handled differently. People are going to be upset about it.. If you don't like hearing the QQs, don't endlessly search the forums for them..