Pleaseee Jet Charge not require ST spec

Mordercai

I love this skill...aside from the typical "I have a jeypack on my back argument" , I don't feel it would be unreasonable to have this be a permanent skill. As my dps spec requires melee and range (I can't get myself to spec deep enough into ST to get it anymore) and I greatly enjoy the ability to be a melee and ranged fighter, I feel just a tad less mobile than I'd like to be in pvp with just grapple to get close to my enemies. I also don't feel like it would be op, but who knows. Thoughts?

I love this skill...aside from the typical "I have a jeypack on my back argument" , I don't feel it would be unreasonable to have this be a permanent skill. As my dps spec requires melee and range (I can't get myself to spec deep enough into ST to get it anymore) and I greatly enjoy the ability to be a melee and ranged fighter, I feel just a tad less mobile than I'd like to be in pvp with just grapple to get close to my enemies. I also don't feel like it would be op, but who knows. Thoughts?

having it for free would be too much,2 gap closers are 2 gap closers,but i would put it lower in the tier,maybe making it avaible after using 5 or 10 talent points on ST

correct me if im wrong, but dont juggs get all their jumping spells as baseline? just sayin..

Juggs don't have a grapple-pull though, not even a talented one.

Juggernauts get Charge baseline. Assassins get a pull when tank specced. We get a pull baseline and a Charge when tank specced.

Seems fair IMHO. Although I would love to have our 2 skills reversed, charge being baseline and grapple being a tank only talent. Charge would make a lot more sense for our 2 DPS specs in pve.

To quote myself in another thread.

The problem was...

way back in beta jet charge was lower in the pt tree and was obtainable early.. this gave rise to a few hybrid builds in PvP that were so overtly OP that the skill trees were redone to place jet charge higher in the PT tree to prevent it and Hydraulic overrides from being used by 1 build, as well as a few other skills that were moved up trees. So you can ask but I can with almost absolute certainty that this will not be changed at all.

The problem is that the jet pack is such an iconic bounty hunter ability and it goes completely unused unless you go shield tech. I have a jet pack strapped to my back and all i use it for is to upper cut people? that's just silly. It would make a lot more sense to make jet charge baseline and grapple the shield tech ability, as it is more of a tanking thing outside of pvp.

The jet charge is way more of a tanking tool. If they were to change Jet Charge to everyone, then they should change Grapple to tank line only.

Overall, I think it is fine how it is. I am going to be spec'd tank for the foreseeable future anyways ;)

The problem is that the jet pack is such an iconic bounty hunter ability and it goes completely unused unless you go shield tech. I have a jet pack strapped to my back and all i use it for is to upper cut people? that's just silly. It would make a lot more sense to make jet charge baseline and grapple the shield tech ability, as it is more of a tanking thing outside of pvp.

I think in the next Patch every Bounty Hunter will get "Jet Pack into the Sarlacc Pit" :p

Once again the problem is PvP.

Huttball will become 1st PT to the ball wins. Sorc Suck to them, jet to the defender on the other platform, Hydraulic Overides, score. 3 minute Huttball matches with 2 PT and 2 Sorcs, this isn't supposition, this was Huttball in beta.

The penalty for having jet charge is having to place the points in the tanking tree. No matter how "iconic" it is it will not be a baseline ability. If I have to eat crow on this because someone makes it a baseline ability, my beta Hutball team, and I will be farming you for commendations, credits, and your pride. :D

Edited by Kavell

it should require shield tech. we dont get all the fancy shooting skills you get. why should you get our bad *** jet charge?

Because shield tech could get something else useful to replace it? And having a charge is ******. A powertech is a melee class overwhelmingly and having a charge is fantastic for everyone. It might be imbalanced but I'd sure as **** love to have one.

Do Jug's have to be speced a certain way to get their force push move? Their leap is non-speced i know, but what about their knockback?

Different classes are different etc, Jugg gets a charge, force push and they additionally get a charge to a friendly target which makes them absurdly mobile in pvp.

Edited by Steeeeve

Originally Posted by Kavell

The problem was...

way back in beta jet charge was lower in the pt tree and was obtainable early.. this gave rise to a few hybrid builds in PvP that were so overtly OP that the skill trees were redone to place jet charge higher in the PT tree to prevent it and Hydraulic overrides from being used by 1 build, as well as a few other skills that were moved up trees. So you can ask but I can with almost absolute certainty that this will not be changed at all.

Why couldn't they simply place HO even higher in the prototype tree? 31st talent would be a perfect spot for it, it's not like immolate is anything spectacular.

Jet charge, then, as a 3rd tier Shield Tech talent would make a lot more speccs viable, at least in the eyes of many players.

Oh well, I guess I'm content with the current hybrid specs available to me.

Edited by CorruptorII

They originally had Jet Charge as a tier 3 skill in the beta. Oil Slick was tier 7, and Heat Blast was tier 5. It was a massive disaster because almost every powertech spec went 11 into shield tech, and it made the dps builds way too good because they could stick to targets like no other class in the game, on top of having versatile range and very nice damage.

Bioware has been there and done that. It didn't work. The current placement does. I doubt that's going to change, unless they decide to put Jet Charge at tier 7 because the top of shield tech is pretty lackluster atm.

Agreed 100%

It should be a staple skill for all BH ... however, with PT being the "tanky" type I feel they should be able to talent it to have a 2sec stun on it.

As with any "charge" type ability .. I.E. Force Leap ... I do not think that you should be able to change levels with its use. It should be an unobstructed straight line to the target.

Edited by LordTyrantXerxis

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.