Please add companion respeccing

Valkanna

Also they need to either get rid of gear for them or make it so they can't wear player gear because ninja looting for companions is getting out of hand.

Yeah, they should scale with how good your gear is, as they scale in level.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they should scale with how good your gear is, as they scale in level.

Would make things way too trivial for my taste at least. At least now that we can choose how to equip them, we can have some variety both in looks and actual gameplay (more hp vs better dmg etc).

Dunno really why there's so many threads about "ninja" looting for companions. They are integral part of your character and quite essential for leveling. Maybe it's the folks who are used to having them as "pets" in some other game(s) where they dont really do anything and are just for looks. Different thing here (and love that personally). Likely things settle down when people get used to this and dont automatically compare everything to <insert their previous mmo here> :)

Grabbing flashpoint loot for your companion is only okay IF your companion is taking part in said flashpoint, if your companion isn't summoned during the flashpoint, it has no business taking the gear.

But its an other issue entirely

Grabbing flashpoint loot for your companion is only okay IF your companion is taking part in said flashpoint, if your companion isn't summoned during the flashpoint, it has no business taking the gear.

Sadly you have to currently choose between players and companions, and with players generally having better dmg/heals/etc, it's no wonder people tend to choose full 4-man player groups. What I'd really like to see is the standard group being 4 players AND their chosen companions. Doesn't make sense you have to drop them to enjoy more social part of the game, this being mmo. That way there would likely be less whining about this "ninjaing" as well.

As for your comment. As I said before, the companions are part of YOUR character. They are what you summon after the group dispands, they are your dd'ers/healers/tanks during majority of the leveling. Loot-wise, people do flashpoints to get better gear (leaving social/fun side apart). How they choose to use the gear should be up to them (long as they do use it).

To give an example. I see many of the "ninja complainers" comparing things to other mmos. Say you have a paladin (I assume they use a sword and a shield) in that flashpoint group. If his contribution in said fp-run was only/mostly dmg, should he not be allowed to roll need for a shield-upgrade that he's going to use after said fp-group dispands? It's no different from a dd'er rolling need for his/her tank companion.

Really, it shouldnt be rocket science. Need over greed/looks/etc, but considering how the companions work in swtor they arent social pets like many people seem to think. They are part of you, and need upgrades just as much if not more than you do to keep working as they should ;)

Anyway, getting sidetracked with the thread so will stop here. Need to add some comments to the "ninja threads" if I can find them heh :p

Stuff like that basically just prevents me from playing certain ACs, because the lack of a companion that's aesthetically acceptable and/or that fills the role I need is so often an obstacle.

By the way, why does every class only get a single healer companion, and why do only bounty hunter/trooper get their healer companion early in the story? Shouldn't all tanking capable classes get a healer within their first two companions, and shouldn't every healer capable class get a tank in their first two? It's not like tank and healer companions can't also DPS, after all.

This times a million. BW you made a game where, whether you intended or not, certain combinations are far superior to others. This means that there is not much choice when "choosing" a companion. You either pick the one complimentary to your spec or you suffer, and if they aren't available until later in the game...well then you just suffer.

• 2 weeks later...