major problems with melee combat in pvp.

NJoyTheSilence

1) Ability lag - My attacks studder and do not go off in "every" fight, on "every" target. It is ridiculous. Melee have it worse than range on this due to people kiting outside of melee while we are trying to get abilities to go off. My defensive cds not going off after 10 plus presses of my keybunds have caused me to die way more times than I can count. This also includes interrupts. I will trying to pull off a clutch interrupt on a healer, and it will not go off till after they complete their cast and heal up, and my cd is wasted because it goes off late. This kills melee dps on moving targets, and should never have made it through beta. I am not sure what the testers and devs were doing in beta, but it was prolly some carebear nonsense.

2) Slows not properly applying on force leap. When I leap to somebody and I am stuck in the animation and they take off running, how the heck am I supposed to put my slow on them. This causes a lot of number 1) to happen.

There is a common misconception that melee is underpowered, but we are not. A lot of problems are from ability lag. The fact that we take more damage and CC being melee, coupled with ability lag in melee range is the issue.

Most of these issues I know are Jedi knight and sith warrior. God imagine how broken op and scouns are going to get when they fix lag... Geesh

Edit: removed point 3 as it cheapens the arguments on point 1 and 2.

Edited by NJoyTheSilence

I am a sentinel, and cannot push people into anything. Also knocking someone into hazards is different since you cannot control it. Pulling someone into acid is controllable. You just stand on the rim and it pulls them in every time. That is a problem. Pulls need to build a lot of resolve, to keep people from being able to stun after pulling.

Edit: I am not a fun of not being in control of my character. This pulls the skill out of pvp.

Edited by NJoyTheSilence

I am a sentinel, and cannot push people into anything. Also knocking someone into hazards is different since you cannot control it. Pulling someone into acid is controllable. You just stand on the rim and it pulls them in every time. That is a problem. Pulls need to build a lot of resolve, to keep people from being able to stun after pulling.

ruined point A with this junk.

A really needs to be fixed. My battlemaster gaurdians main abilities (sunder, sweep, and force leap) are all broken in one way or another.

Sunder: Stutters when slash animation goes off. Basically I press the button and i bring the lightsaber back, but then doesnt slash at the opponent and just kinda hangs in the backswing.

Sweep: Ill jump up half way and then teleport back down without using the ability. Have to repress it a couple of times if I want it to work. Oh yea, and when I use it and the cd goes off, but I die in mid air, it doesnt apply damage... Damage needs to be applied right when I press the button, ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I AM MELEE. Its one thing for a ranged aoe skill to have a delay between activation, but come on.

Jump: Random disconnects because jump is utterly broken.

in conclusion, who gives a flying fk about being pulled.

Edited by Wheresthemilk

ruined point A with this junk.

A really needs to be fixed. My battlemaster gaurdians main abilities (sunder, sweep, and force leap) are all broken in one way or another.

Sunder: Stutters when slash animation goes off. Basically I press the button and i bring the lightsaber back, but then doesnt slash at the opponent and just kinda hangs in the backswing.

Sweep: Ill jump up half way and then teleport back down without using the ability. Have to repress it a couple of times if I want it to work. Oh yea, and when I use it and the cd goes off, but I die in mid air, it doesnt apply damage... Damage needs to be applied right when I press the button, ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I AM MELEE. Its one thing for a ranged aoe skill to have a delay between activation, but come on.

Jump: Random disconnects because jump is utterly broken.

in conclusion, who gives a flying fk about being pulled.

I am not a fan of being not being in control of my character, as this removes the skill from pvp. I always position myself not to be knockbacked, but you cannot do the same when being pulls.

Also I agree, animation studdering and lag is the worst. The others are miniscule QQ, but everyone can agree on the animations and lag problems.

I am not a fan of being not being in control of my character, as this removes the skill from pvp. I always position myself not to be knockbacked, but you cannot do the same when being pulls.

Also I agree, animation studdering and lag is the worst. The others are miniscule QQ, but everyone can agree on the animations and lag problems.

if you are a 50 sent, you can literally make yourself take 5 damage from acid.

or you can be focus and use zealous leap.

or you can be quick and push them then force leap.

oh yea, and you have resolute to get out of the stun.

if thats not in control of your character, then this game isnt for you.

if you are a 50 sent, you can literally make yourself take 5 damage from acid.

or you can be focus and use zealous leap.

or you can be quick and push them then force leap.

oh yea, and you have resolute to get out of the stun.

if thats not in control of your character, then this game isnt for you.

What? 1 if I am stunned I cannot leap, 2 I am a sentinel I cannot push, and 3 the CC trinket is on LONG cooldown. Using your cooldown that takes away half your hp to mitigate acid is still taking a ton of damage. You should really learn other classes before making yourself look like you know little.

Edited by NJoyTheSilence

The acid/fire pull is effectively instant kill if your CC breaker isn't up since they will definitely stun you once you're in there. But since you usually want to use your CC breaker for the stun this might as well be the time to use it. It's kind of cheesy but fairly predictable, and sometimes can be used to your advantage (i.e. ball carrier gets pulled into acid, CC break and now you have great position for a minimal loss of life). I think it's actually pretty fun that those traps allows the weakest player a chance to defeat the most fearsome Battlemasters.

The acid/fire pull is effectively instant kill if your CC breaker isn't up since they will definitely stun you once you're in there. But since you usually want to use your CC breaker for the stun this might as well be the time to use it. It's kind of cheesy but fairly predictable, and sometimes can be used to your advantage (i.e. ball carrier gets pulled into acid, CC break and now you have great position for a minimal loss of life). I think it's actually pretty fun that those traps allows the weakest player a chance to defeat the most fearsome Battlemasters.

Notice I added an edit to the op and removed the 3rd entry about being pulled, as it cheapened the argument about 1. Ability delay is something that we need to be vocal about. Arguing for several pages about a lesser issue completely ruins what I am trying to do.

What? 1 if I am stunned I cannot leap, 2 I am a sentinel I cannot push, and 3 the CC trinket is on LONG cooldown. Using your cooldown that takes away half your hp to mitigate acid is still taking a ton of damage. You should really learn other classes before making yourself look like you know little.

dude, its a 1 minute cooldown. and if it bothers you THIS MUCH, then save it for that situation.

or you could, you know, cry like a girl about nothing. Your complaint is you have no options, but you do. Instead of getting insta killed you can take half your hp away during the pull right? thats better than dead IF YOUR CC BREAKER ISNT UP.

Maybe you should learn how the game actually works before you act like other's dont.

Sorry you picked a heavy dps class with little utility, get over it.

dude, its a 1 minute cooldown. and if it bothers you THIS MUCH, then save it for that situation.

or you could, you know, cry like a girl about nothing. Your complaint is you have no options, but you do. Instead of getting insta killed you can take half your hp away during the pull right? thats better than dead IF YOUR CC BREAKER ISNT UP.

Maybe you should learn how the game actually works before you act like other's dont.

Sorry you picked a heavy dps class with little utility, get over it.

Huh? Dude no class has an option to get out of CC when your CC breaker is down. This includes being able to put up defensive cooldowns. You obviously know nothing if you you think other classes can miraculously use cooldowns while being stunned. But I totally dig your non existant counter argument about me crying. Does it make your epeen a little bigger? Did it make you feel superior in intellect? All I see is someone who needs to spout nonsense to make themselves feel better.

I got an idea, why don't you tell me what you would do in this situation if your cc break was on cd?

Resolve is not good enough of a DR system.

Edit: What is more, do to the ability lag I talked about on my first post. Using a cooldown is not always and option, even if I could... I have had many occasions where after striking my key for a ced for more than 2-3 gcds it has not gone off.

Edited by NJoyTheSilence

My biggest problem is the freaking skills not going off. I can't stand it. I can't be asked to remember the names of most of my skills but.... Common internal thought process:

"Oh damn I'm being focused let me use my hp boost and my damage reduction....ok just damage reduction....damage reduction? oh well next rez maybe it will go off."

"Oh snap, I can get that healer over there, let me just interrupt with my kick. Oh ok, well that heal got off, but he's still at 30%. I'll stun him, ok I'll stun him now...now.....this time...now"

"Ok the stun went off, now I'll use master strike (as I do a dance because I'm madly spamming the button waiting for the icon to show the skill on cooldown rather than make me wait on the GLOBAL COOLDOWN for a skill that didn't go off, but yet I'm doing the animation for)."

Seriously, I can go through the whole master strike animation and the skill won't have gone off. When I first started I was wondering why I was doing almost no damage on these mobs (or in pvp) oh - it was because I was just doing the animation and the skill wasn't actually going off. I've NEVER had that in any MMO I've ever played. If I want to use a skill, I'm clicking the skill. If it doesn't go off it's extremely frustrating.

My favorite though is the sunder or force sweep, because it really does look like I'm trying to dance when I repeatedly do the first part of the animation.

I know that was an awful post but it's late and it's just so frustrating to have these things happen! As if the stuns weren't bad enough, now I can't even use my skills when I'm not stunned?

I agree with A) Especially when you want to interrupt someone and the animations clutter the timing.

Can't agree with rest. Knights can push and choke someone in acid as well.

have to disagree. guardians can push but sentinels cannot. They can stun, yes, but it is always instantly shrugged off.