Some Marauder Ability Questions

Tycholiz

Retaliation - Should we use this ability when it is up? the damage is lower than massacre, but IS off the global cooldown. Plus it cant be parried or dodged. What is the usage for this ability?

Savage Kick - Is it worth the CD to use this? the damage seems quite good, so i imagine it is a no brainer to use this ability when it is available?

Pommel Strike - Same as Savage Kick.

Force Choke - When is the best time to utilize this ability? It seems like the damage output isn't as great as the output I have if I just do my normal rotation. Whats the scoop on this one?

Also, A couple questions.

1. Force Camouflage - How is this ability supposed to function exactly? It seems to me, that by the wording of the tooltip, it is supposed to basically make you vanish, as a rogue would, and remain stealthed for 4 seconds. I understand the threat portion of this ability, but the tooltip says I will be difficult to detect, yet enemies can see me at the same aggro distance with it activated than with it not.

2. Predation vs. Berserk - I'm quite confused on these two abilities. Predation, on one hand, converts 30 stacks of Fury into 50% increased movement speed and a 10% defense buff for 10 seconds. Berserk, on the other hand converts 30 stacks to reduce the rage cost of massacre by 1 rage and reduce its global cooldown by half a second. (I'm Carnage by the way, obviously).

3. Massacre + Blood Frenzy + Towering Rage + Force Scream - Now, this is where I'm convinced I'm experiencing a bug. According to the tooltip, Massacre says it will trigger an Ataru form strike when you use the ability. According to the talent Blood Frenzy, my Ataru form strikes (which are caused by Massacre also) will cause Blood Frenzy for 6 seconds. Additionally, the talent Towering Rage states that when I have Blood Frenzy active, my Force Scream will guarantee a critical strike, but it I experience no greater critical change rate in game. Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Those are the major concerns I am having with the class so far. I appreciate you reading and look forward to a response if you are willing.

Thanks!

Savage Kick and Pommel Strike I never use.

I always burn Retaliation as it becomes available, typically after a Force Scream. Always get Massacre going for Blood Frenzy before burning Force Scream to maximize output.

Gore before Ravage, then I'll follow up the Force Scream after Ravage. This may alternate depending upon the mob. Always keep Retaliation off CD, with Battered Assault as needed to keep rage up.

Berserk is nice in that you can literally burn a mob down with Massacre spam alone. It is very nice. The difference is you knowing whether Predator or Berserk is necessary, pending on the situation (your HP, the targets HP, etc.).

Retaliation - Should we use this ability when it is up? the damage is lower than massacre, but IS off the global cooldown. Plus it cant be parried or dodged. What is the usage for this ability?

PVE its great, you will be building lots of rage when used in conjunction with cloak of pain, assuming you got the talent that goes with it.

Savage Kick - Is it worth the CD to use this? the damage seems quite good, so i imagine it is a no brainer to use this ability when it is available?

Best time to use this is right after Force Charge. Enemies are rooted during this time, great way to get another 1-2k damage off really fast, wish this could be used in PvP. Also if your saber throw roots, use it after that, or toss a slow down and use it then. It costs no rage and is on a somewhat lengthy CD(to a gamer its lengthy)

Pommel Strike - Same as Savage Kick.

Use after a Smash or Force Scream, thats if the weak mobs it affects arent dead by then.

Force Choke - When is the best time to utilize this ability? It seems like the damage output isn't as great as the output I have if I just do my normal rotation. Whats the scoop on this one?

Use this as an interuupt. Use disrupt first, then this, then disrupt again to lock a caster out 3 times.

Also, A couple questions.

1. Force Camouflage - How is this ability supposed to function exactly? It seems to me, that by the wording of the tooltip, it is supposed to basically make you vanish, as a rogue would, and remain stealthed for 4 seconds. I understand the threat portion of this ability, but the tooltip says I will be difficult to detect, yet enemies can see me at the same aggro distance with it activated than with it not.

Its more PvP, as you can escape a hairy situation and get any roots removed.

2. Predation vs. Berserk - I'm quite confused on these two abilities. Predation, on one hand, converts 30 stacks of Fury into 50% increased movement speed and a 10% defense buff for 10 seconds. Berserk, on the other hand converts 30 stacks to reduce the rage cost of massacre by 1 rage and reduce its global cooldown by half a second. (I'm Carnage by the way, obviously).

Berserk should be used every time as Carnage, build up your Rage to max and use this. spam massacre and a Gore for some great damage, pop a power trinket too, even better. Only use Predation as a "im too lazy and there isnt enough HP left to justify using Berserk."

3. Massacre + Blood Frenzy + Towering Rage + Force Scream - Now, this is where I'm convinced I'm experiencing a bug. According to the tooltip, Massacre says it will trigger an Ataru form strike when you use the ability. According to the talent Blood Frenzy, my Ataru form strikes (which are caused by Massacre also) will cause Blood Frenzy for 6 seconds. Additionally, the talent Towering Rage states that when I have Blood Frenzy active, my Force Scream will guarantee a critical strike, but it I experience no greater critical change rate in game. Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

I dont have an issue with this. It is important to know, blood frenzy is not replenshed if your proc another aturu. so you need to make sure your Blood frenzy is up before using Force Scream, and not assume since you just used massacre your next Force scream will be an insta crit. Just train yourself to look that that burning fist Icon.

Those are the major concerns I am having with the class so far. I appreciate you reading and look forward to a response if you are willing.

Thanks!

Comments are in the quote! :)

Edited by AcaciaDragon

• 2 months later...