Black Lightsaber

Durstilla

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and magic laser swords don't?

The show was built around those "magic" swords. It was there coming in. Besides, at least you can find ways to explain them away. You can't explain away the absence of light somehow being light at the same time.

The show was built around those "magic" swords. It was there coming in. Besides, at least you can find ways to explain them away. You can't explain away the absence of light somehow being light at the same time.

no there is no science to actually back up a light saber in any possible way. just like there is no way for science to explain a black light saber. It's all FAKE

no there is no science to actually back up a light saber in any possible way. just like there is no way for science to explain a black light saber. It's all FAKE

Though science fiction contains alot of very plausible scientific theory. I agree with the black lightsaber part, but as for the lightsaber, there have actually been some pretty detailed scientific possibilities. just containment the plasma (of even being able to produce and control it effectively) is something we don't have the technology for right now. But lack of technology to achieve something does not make it impossible.

Though science fiction contains alot of very plausible scientific theory. I agree with the black lightsaber part, but as for the lightsaber, there have actually been some pretty detailed scientific possibilities. just containment the plasma (of even being able to produce and control it effectively) is something we don't have the technology for right now. But lack of technology to achieve something does not make it impossible.

a plasma sword is possible but to make a lightsaber ie exactly how it is in the movies somethign that melts metal but it is cool, able to a solid form and defllect blaster bolts and other light sabers while still not actually being solid is 100% impossible.

Then we also have the fact that Star Wars shields are impossible as well.

a plasma sword is possible but to make a lightsaber ie exactly how it is in the movies somethign that melts metal but it is cool, able to a solid form and defllect blaster bolts and other light sabers while still not actually being solid is 100% impossible.

Then we also have the fact that Star Wars shields are impossible as well.

Nothing is impossible with the force...

I made this thread to argue whether the "black" lightsaber is canon or not.

I personally think it shouldn't be canon for two reasons; this saber only appears in the force unleashed and it goes against the established lore of how lightsabers work.

In TFU we had the black crystal but it never showed up in cut scenes so I believe that it was never intended to be real.

Second, black is the absence of light so a lightsaber cannot have an absence of light.

I look forward to your rebuttals and support against/for me.

Sorry, but black is not an absence of light. Darkness is an absence of light. Black is an absence of color, white is a color. Get your science straight.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/black?s=t

the dictionary disagrees with you.

http://www.colormatters.com/color-and-design/are-black-and-white-colors#Anchor-Color-11481

Depends on what part science you are referencing. When it comes to black and white coming from light (ex. LIGHTsaber) I am correct. If we were referring to pigments and molecules, I would be wrong.

Edited by LifeOfMessiah

I love watching someone with an education argue with someone who isn't very educated.

And yeah, in the realm of science, black isn't necessarily an absence of light. It's merely light that our eyes cannot detect; i.e: ultraviolet, or infrared.

If you're going to argue science, get your science right.

Who said that a black lightsaber would have to "emit" light?

Easiest way to create a black "light"saber would be to have the contaiment forcefield of the plasma "absorb" light or at least reflect very little. (just like your black shirt)

Thus a black lightsaber is actually "simpler" than a colored one.

To add a bit more nonsense physics to the magical glowstick... a black lightsaber would also be a lot hotter than a normal one, since the absorbed would be transformed into some othrr form of energy. (heat usually)

Haven't read the whole thing so I don't know if this has been said, anyway:

It's possible to perceive something as black because no light from that area reaches the retina at the back of the eye. Basicly the same reason why a black hole is black (gravity pulls all the light towards the center, while no light falls on the eye). Is the light gone? No, we simply don't detect it. So a black light saber can still be made up of light through some sci-fi technological trick, far-fetched as it is :p

Nothing is impossible with the force...

T

Well thats what im saying if you accept eveything else in sw then why cant you accept a black light saber. Trying to use science to justify it is just stupid. Its like watching lord of the rings and saying I accept orcs dwarfs and elves but hobbits are just not possible

T

Well thats what im saying if you accept eveything else in sw then why cant you accept a black light saber. Trying to use science to justify it is just stupid. Its like watching lord of the rings and saying I accept orcs dwarfs and elves but hobbits are just not possible

This poster is right. and Star Wars is a Science Fantasy.

T

I agree with this 100%.

http://www.colormatters.com/color-and-design/are-black-and-white-colors#Anchor-Color-11481

Depends on what part science you are referencing. When it comes to black and white coming from light (ex. LIGHTsaber) I am correct. If we were referring to pigments and molecules, I would be wrong.

You have it the opposite. Pigments absorb all of the light and do not reflect anything, thus appearing black. However, when dealing with LIGHT, black is not a color. It is simply the absence of light. That would be why black is not on the spectrum, which when combined together makes white. When it comes to pigments, white is the absence of color, when it comes to LIGHT, black is the absence.

Edited by Zayse