Solo play at end game for anything worthwhile does not exist. Be it crafting or...

CriticalMasses

Now hear me out please.

Bioware makes a game that you can effectively solo from 1 to 50. And at 50, you HAVE to group to do some crafting, or for anything else worthwhile.

This becomes a problem when there is an average of 20-30 people on a planet from level 40 to 50. On my server, that's the way it is. FINDING people to group with for anything is a nightmare on Rubat Crystal. Not only are these planets huge, and the 100 pop cap extremely LOW, but the fact is, these planets do not even reach their population cap. So finding a group to do any of these things is impossible right now. I have no problems grouping. What I have problems with is a game where you can solo from 1 to 50, and then suddenly, the game completely changes with new rules, new requirements, and there just isn't enough people to find groups.

Hell, I can't even find a decent guild. This is a fundamental design flaw. It seems like Bioware's thinking is that if you didn't come to this server with a guild and a ton of friends who all have the same schedule, then oops, you are screwed.

You're gonna have to wait for hte game to mature a bit. Less than a month since release so lots of people are still climbing to 50. Bioware went with a pretty large number of launch servers to keep people spread out and avoid the oversaturation that is normal to the genre. On the other hand this does leave many servers with smaller numbers of 50's at this point.

OTOH you clearly don't have much trouble leveling so you could look for a higher pop server and reroll if you don't want to wait or alt out.

The main reason this is happening is the lack of server forums. Now they are half azzing the server forum thing by making server groups W T F!!!!!

BW you are killing your community and "YOU" have the most to lose.

Edited by Quintan

You're gonna have to wait for hte game to mature a bit. Less than a month since release so lots of people are still climbing to 50. Bioware went with a pretty large number of launch servers to keep people spread out and avoid the oversaturation that is normal to the genre. On the other hand this does leave many servers with smaller numbers of 50's at this point.

OTOH you clearly don't have much trouble leveling so you could look for a higher pop server and reroll if you don't want to wait or alt out.

I still dont have a lvl 50 lol. My wife uses my computer a lot stuck on this laptop that wont run the game (or any game but solitare).

Very good point. I understand it's an MMO.But, please do not make all end game content dependent on if I can find a healer, tank and dps.

How about the increase the number of drops, and chance for drops, and difficulty for every player that joins a flashpoint or operation. 90% of endgame content is closed to me.

I play with friends, and that's it. And no, we should not have to have a healer, tank , in order to play the game. I made a class, I expect to see the content.

I'm only level 47 and levelled up all my crafting to almost max at the moment

(and just found out I cant mail mats to my alt as one's republic and ones sith)

Wondering why you need to group for crafting ?

Is there BOA matts for the highest tier craftable gear ?

Curious as I dont want to find I've wasted my time if I just intend to solo only ingame for now.

~B

Very good point. I understand it's an MMO.But, please do not make all end game content dependent on if I can find a healer, tank and dps.

How about the increase the number of drops, and chance for drops, and difficulty for every player that joins a flashpoint or operation. 90% of endgame content is closed to me.

I play with friends, and that's it. And no, we should not have to have a healer, tank , in order to play the game. I made a class, I expect to see the content.

Ofcourse you have to find a healer, a tank and another DPS to do 4-man quests or flashpoints - if that's what you mean. I hope it isn't.

You have to work to see the content, and don't give me that "I play to have fun, not to work". If that's the case, this is the wrong game for you, my friend. Finding a group and being able to see the content isn't even the real work, the real work is farming the gear needed to be able to overcome said content.

And that work is a lot of what makes an MMO. If you didn't have to work for the gear and the content, Bioware would have to spit out new content every day because people would clear things hours after it's released. (Hour of Twilight, anyone?) Not to mention the more important part; the sense of achievement by working hard and being rewarded as such.

Now hear me out please.

Bioware makes a game that you can effectively solo from 1 to 50. And at 50, you HAVE to group to do some crafting, or for anything else worthwhile.

This becomes a problem when there is an average of 20-30 people on a planet from level 40 to 50. On my server, that's the way it is. FINDING people to group with for anything is a nightmare on Rubat Crystal. Not only are these planets huge, and the 100 pop cap extremely LOW, but the fact is, these planets do not even reach their population cap. So finding a group to do any of these things is impossible right now. I have no problems grouping. What I have problems with is a game where you can solo from 1 to 50, and then suddenly, the game completely changes with new rules, new requirements, and there just isn't enough people to find groups.

Hell, I can't even find a decent guild. This is a fundamental design flaw. It seems like Bioware's thinking is that if you didn't come to this server with a guild and a ton of friends who all have the same schedule, then oops, you are screwed.

Currently the best known solution is to find a guild. I found one too, it's not that hard, but might take a while if you don't yet know people in your server. However when you do find it, it's fun. But yeah I find the grouping and stuff kinda annoying after playing RIFT which had so good system in it to get i ngroup with people and in big groups. Edited by PalawaJoko

I'm only level 47 and levelled up all my crafting to almost max at the moment

(and just found out I cant mail mats to my alt as one's republic and ones sith)

Wondering why you need to group for crafting ?

Is there BOA matts for the highest tier craftable gear ?

Curious as I dont want to find I've wasted my time if I just intend to solo only ingame for now.

~B

The lvl 50 crafted items require you to do HM flashpoints or raids for BoP items- at least Artifice does for creating sabers. I assume each other craft works the same way. The bad news is that almost nothing you can craft at 50 is better than what you can get with some form of token, unless you are dealing with raid schematics or biochem :(

• 1 month later...
You want solo games go play single player games, this game is an MMO

Great solution. For a game with a keen focus on solo content from 1-50, this comment makes 0 sense.

If all of us that prefer not to raid and now have no meaningful form of PvE content to continue to progress our favorite 50s did as you say, this game's subscription count would take a massive loss.

MMOs are not "group or quit" games. They're much much more than that.

Now hear me out please.

I admit I didn't read your post.

But I agree 100% with the title of your thread. It's 1 of my two biggest issues with this game right now.

1. Absence of an effective LFG tool

2. Absence of any interesting and meaningful solo-based endgame content.

Very bad combo of bad things for a game to have :)

Edited by JeremyDale

I admit I didn't read your post.

But I agree 100% with the title of your thread. It's 1 of my two biggest issues with this game right now.

1. Absence of an effective LFG tool

2. Absence of any interesting and meaningful solo-based endgame content.

Very bad combo of bad things for a game to have :)

I agree. I'd be more interested in doing Flashpoints if finding groups wasn't such a chore. I'd also like to see something fun and interesting for solo players to do at 50 (Dalies not withstanding). Not everyone likes raiding or PvP after all.