Is the gear grind insane in this game?

Renroval

No. At level 10 I started doing PvP WZ's and when I was 20 I had all the gear I could need up to 50. Some can be replaced as time goes on but most Orange gear can just be upgraded through the GTN or through crafting. I have myself and all my companions set up in orange and I have a couple alts that I feed my main with the gear upgrades that I need.

If anything there is too much gear that is worthless and unnecessary once you learn how to utilize orange gear and just upgrade it as you level up. Even the majority of the FP gear is less than what I have on me when I go into a FP.

Edited by xworndownx

No. At level 10 I started doing PvP WZ's and when I was 20 I had all the gear I could need up to 50. Some can be replaced as time goes on but most Orange gear can just be upgraded through the GTN or through crafting. I have myself and all my companions set up in orange and I have a couple alts that I feed my main with the gear upgrades that I need.

If anything there is too much gear that is worthless and unnecessary once you learn how to utilize orange gear and just upgrade it as you level up. Even the majority of the FP gear is less than what I have on me when I go into a FP.

Orange gear will get you all the way to 49, however, at 50 it's completely different. If you wish to be considered geared then your going to need either get a full pvp champion set, or set up with the full Rakata gear set for you class.

Thats what geared is at level 50

I was full Columi the first couple days after I hit 50

A few days after raiding I'm 3 piece Rakata and 1 Columi(Off-set helm)

Also have Rakata Ear/Implants(Dailies) and Offhand weapon(which is bugged atm)

So..NO there is NO gear grind at all. I was full epics within a few days of hitting 50.

I don't even want to run normal raids to help gear new 50's in fear of getting auto-looted gear that I don't need that could be used to help them.

Add that on top of the countless boss bugs atm and you have my reasons for not wanting to log on.

Edited by Slomoshun