Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

If you still think Juggernauts are broken (in a bad way)...

anhtice

I know very well what a smash build can. I also know that my friends on other classes don't really care when a smash build gets on them because they can avoid it long enough for help and without smash they hit like a wet noodle. We lack tools and damage compared to other classes.

BTW, 4.5k can be done much faster by snipers and even Ops. They also have more tools to do their job thanks to knockbacks with roots, more roots, snare, knockdowns, etc.

Also farming inflates numbers rather than give a real picture.

I know very well what a smash build can. I also know that my friends on other classes don't really care when a smash build gets on them because they can avoid it long enough for help and without smash they hit like a wet noodle. We lack tools and damage compared to other classes.

BTW, 4.5k can be done much faster by snipers and even Ops. They also have more tools to do their job thanks to knockbacks with roots, more roots, snare, knockdowns, etc.

Also farming inflates numbers rather than give a real picture.

i guess i need to explain it in bold to you.

Stop QQing about class and just play. No other class has the intercede/force jump that we do

i guess i need to explain it in bold to you.

Stop QQing about class and just play. No other class has the intercede/force jump that we do

Both of those don't fix the issues with the class. The issues exist despite having those.

Both of those don't fix the issues with the class. The issues exist despite having those.

what needs to fix is Heavy Armor. It only reduces white dmg attacks (not tech = all operatives attacks, etc). Only melee and Kinetic. Having Heavy Armor doesnt do crap.

ESPECIALLY when our HP is lower than everyone else with full PVP gear.

what needs to fix is Heavy Armor. It only reduces white dmg attacks (not tech = all operatives attacks, etc). Only melee and Kinetic. Having Heavy Armor doesnt do crap.

ESPECIALLY when our HP is lower than everyone else with full PVP gear.

Actually heavy armor does mitigate tech and force attacks that do kinetic damage or energy damage. It only seems like it doesn't mitigate Operatives attacks because they ignore 50% of it thanks to acid blade. What you are thinking of is the shield. Force and tech attacks don't have to roll against a shield roll. That however doesn't really effect a smash build.

We are too easily kited, lack good defensive cooldowns and defensive measures. Bioware agrees with these issues, but their fix in 1.1 won't help all that much with them.

Actually heavy armor does mitigate tech and force attacks that do kinetic damage or energy damage. It only seems like it doesn't mitigate Operatives attacks because they ignore 50% of it thanks to acid blade. What you are thinking of is the shield. Force and tech attacks don't have to roll against a shield roll. That however doesn't really effect a smash build.

We are too easily kited, lack good defensive cooldowns and defensive measures. Bioware agrees with these issues, but their fix in 1.1 won't help all that much with them.

i honestly dont have a problem with that.

I honestly think it might be your gear... people dont live long enough to kite.

with Intimidating shout and choke, push resetting leap... no caster can cast anything on us. esp healers

with Intimidating shout and choke, push resetting leap... no caster can cast anything on us. esp healers

In full champ. Against anything but non geared 50s and lowbies, classes can last against your smash unless you boost it with adrenal stacking which is getting nerfed in 1.1.

I have a level

34-Jugg

38-Merc

28-Sorc

34-Troop

Out of all of the classes I have I feel the Jugg is the weakest one. I dont know if you can call it a true tank. My Merc and Commando handles everything better than my Jugg.

I think the class needs better Armor and even some more force weapons so you can use them at a distance.

I know some will say you have to wait till level 50 but so far from what I have seen the Jugg does not stack up to the other classes in PVE or PVP.

Edited by Dat_Dude

I have a level

34-Jugg

38-Merc

28-Sorc

34-Troop

Out of all of the classes I have I feel the Jugg is the weakest one. I dont know if you can call it a true tank. My Merc and Commando handles everything better than my Jugg.

I think the class needs better Armor and even some more force weapons so you can use them at a distance.

I know some will say you have to wait till level 50 but so far from what I have seen the Jugg does not stack up to the other classes in PVE or PVP.

It does with gear. In my current pvp gear I think I can stand up to almost any class 1v1. With the exception of maybe sorc's and op's.

Against non-geared opponents, this is true. Hell, against geared opponents, I'm looking at your sorcs, that are used to just spamming their 3 attack buttons and killing melee it is also true.

Against the geared opponents that have a clue, you will get dumped on. With or without power up stacking.

tbh if youre not 50 and in champion gear, i dont think you can really talk about balance.

i feel that our role, as a pvp tank/taunter and the ability to lower everyone or finish them off is good.

you really just cant 1v1 ppl in this game unless youre an operative. and even then operatives cant finish the task alone. Its always better to focus fire. with that mindset, our dmg is fine.

my only real concern is smash going off and doing no dmg or the radius is crappy. I hope theres a set bonus that increases the radius or some talent change. Smash also bugs out if you get knocked back, the ability is 'used' but it does no damage.

tbh if youre not 50 and in champion gear, i dont think you can really talk about balance.

i feel that our role, as a pvp tank/taunter and the ability to lower everyone or finish them off is good.

you really just cant 1v1 ppl in this game unless youre an operative. and even then operatives cant finish the task alone. Its always better to focus fire. with that mindset, our dmg is fine.

my only real concern is smash going off and doing no dmg or the radius is crappy. I hope theres a set bonus that increases the radius or some talent change. Smash also bugs out if you get knocked back, the ability is 'used' but it does no damage.

If they only wanted to balance this game for one level, they should've started us all out at 50.

I went through the pain of leveling a warrior in vanilla wow, and getting owned 24x7 in world pvp and bgs with the knowledge that once I hit 60 and got geared I was going to 2 shot people. Exactly what happened, and getting ashkandi only made me more ridiculous. Few things satisfy like killing a rogue who camped you for an hour when you were low level in a charge stun. Good times.

What juggs and guardians need is proof that the reward for being bottom of the pile from 1-50 is that at some point you become a monster. This would be worth the wait. Seeing one ability buffed by one talent tree being the thing to look forward to is disapponting. Doubtful this game will ever see a hoodrych or dahis as-is

It is an MMO, so who knows what the game will be like in 3 weeks so for now I am still plugging away at my jugg and guardian.

Edited by Kolbenito

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.