The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

500K Damage..... how?

Sectick

Long story short I keep seeing/hearing about powertech (pyro in particular) consitently getting 500K damage in bgs.

I realize the damage number at the end of the round isn't everything but after a few guildies were in a bg with a guy putting out 500K they were asking me why I never put out those numbers. Curious I really started focusing on maximizing damage output.

I have been trying my best the last couple of days and I'm always in the 280-350 range (Primarily in huttball).

Any advice/tips on how I can improve my dps or at least break the 400K mark? I'm not trying to troll or anything I'd just like some tips to improve my play.

Thanks.

Full pvp gear will give you a decent dmg bonus (and an equal incoming dmg reduction). So you can pretty much rip the lower lvls / low geared opponents to pieces. I got to 50 just recently and I met a merc in full pvp gear and he basically 3shot me with my meager 13k hp.

It will get better as you get gear.

Exactly what trung and the rest said. Gear, Buff stacking, Adrenals, and maximizing aoe output and damage...that's all it is. Pay no attention to damage output honestly. If someone's putting out 500k damage and only has 50 kills there obviously farming damage. I easily put out 200k damage with 50ish kills as a Sniper and Gunslinger respectively. So if you're throwing out 500k you should have in the 100 of kills.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/screenshot2012010911075.jpg/

- Full Champ gear

- 4/6/31 Pyrotech

- Voidstar or Huttball - Alderaan doesn't usually give as much opportunity for damage

- This was in a pug. I actually had the highest heals on my team just from Rakata Medpack/Kolto Overload, I could have easily broken 600k if I had a pocket healer with me. Also had the highest Protection, taunted as much as possible.

The poster above me is wrong entirely about AoE damage, the only AoE damage a Pyrotech does is Death From Above, and I did it maybe a couple times that match. The above poster is further entirely off regarding kill count - if you divide my damage by kills you get an average of roughly 9k damage per kill. That is appropriate; often I killed people from full health in a 1v1, but sometimes I just aided others in killing their target.

His math of 200k damage with 50 kills is absurd. That comes out to 4k damage per kill - that makes no sense at all. Nobody with 200k damage deserves more than 20-30 kills, and 30 would be an unusually high number for that damage. I hate to sound harsh but he has no idea what he's talking about.

Edited by Mhak