how long between waves?

CeruleanSun

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is part of my problem. I didn't participate in any of the beta weekends due to limited bandwidth. So I am eager to see the game in action for the first time. :)

Almost there buddy trust me it will go quicker than you know, it is worth the wait and from the first 15 levels I seen on a few characters the stories are what made it come alive, this game didnt feel like a grind at all but an actual story.

my question is how many are getting in per wave, and where is a list of pre-orders records? So you can see how many people ordered in july, august, september and so forth?

watch this thread and the wave posts in SWTOR facebook... you can derive the dates that are going out

Is that why we are getting our hard copies before US?

Your kind of attitude is exactly why so many people are anti-american. They should not claim to be a global company and claim a global launch when they can't deliver. And yes, I have worked for multinationals before, and we never had an issue in making sure EU and US could get things at the same time. Mind you, in my mind a global launch would have included Australia, so I don't think they can claim global launch anyway.

Good heavens, you've managed to get me worked up about something that doesn't really bother me. I'm quite happy waiting, I just know there are loads of people (US and EU) who pre-ordered on the 21st, and have had to put in the code late through no fault of their own (and please, don't say 'you should have used a different retailer', in some countries your choice was limited). I was hoping BW would be considerate and make the waves big enough to accommodate these players. Hoping being the operative word!

Bioware is a Canadian developer. Not USA. But I feel your pain. This attituide of "well you should have planned better" is easy to say when you're in EGA. You didn't get shafted, we did.

2nd wave. They are announcing on their facebook page when each wave goes up so far it looks to be a wave about every 1:30 to 2:00 hrs in between

The sticky said they released the second wave early. So if that's correct, they must have a planned a long stagger in-between waves.

Collectors Edition Pre-Orders should have gotten some early access love.....

So... just because you spent more money, you deserve to get in sooner?

Are the statue, soundtrack, journal, In-Game store, Mount and other items not enough for you?

Pre-ordered day one and entered my code same day... still NOTHING... got a friend that didnt put his in until 7/29 got his email with start date yesterday, got a couple actually that entered codes after I did that got their dates all ready. So much for "It's based upon when you entered your pre-order code".

Oh well back to E.O. to pass some time.

Lack of information is killing me, and what's killing me more, is that they said there's as much pre orders as people who played in beta weekend.. which makes me wonder - *** ? i thought beta went pretty damn smooth.. so what are they doing now ? rebuilding servers ?

stress test ? sure it'd make sense if it wasn't for the fact that there are people in guilds who will play on the same servers their guilds do. So whether bw throws em in right away or later won't change a thing.

Damn tbh i'd prefer queues to the servers, at least they have ETA.

After awesome beta i expected awesome start, but this is a joke. Not because there are waves but because bw fails to provide proper information and eta.

(derived from SR's post / facebook and this thread):

wave 01: 21st entries

wave 02: 21st and some 22nd entries

wave 03: 22nd and (hopefully) some 23 entries

** maybe they will be peppering late-21st entries in with wave 03 **

Edited by Aderes
additional info

I doubt it, wave 3 will probably have 22nd, 23rd and 24th. He did say the pre-orders dropped after the 21st.

Almost there buddy trust me it will go quicker than you know, it is worth the wait and from the first 15 levels I seen on a few characters the stories are what made it come alive, this game didnt feel like a grind at all but an actual story.

I was actually kinda naughty... after the client downloaded I went snooping through the files and folders and found that the movie files have the BIK file extension, which means the files can be opened and watched with Bink RAD Game Tools. So I've already watched the game intro, the republic and empire intro's, and some of the character class scrolling text intro's.

So yea.... that has only made things worse because it's like watching the first couple of minutes of a movie as a teaser. My appetite has been wet, but not sated. :)

** maybe they will be peppering late-21st entries in with wave 03 **

any speculation or info I've missed on how many waves today?

Collectors Edition Pre-Orders should have gotten some early access love.....

They did if you ordered early, People have been following this game for a few years now and no a CE should not get love if they ordered it last month over someone who knew about this game and pre ordered in the first week. Im not paying 150 bucks for some stupid toy figure of malgus, that comes in a metal tin, and contains special flare gun and CE store in game. I dont need that crap. Some CE's might buy it and play for a month giving BW 150 bucks but someone may just buy the 60 dollar version and play for 3 years contributing more money to the game which means that it should have went in a order based on time purchased.