how long between waves?

CeruleanSun

Heck at least some of you actually get emails. I never get the real important ones from them. I always have to find out myself through just trying to log on or from the web site. I ALWAYS check spam folders, email has been verified. Heck I have email changed it from my comcast email address to the gmail one i have, and still no luck in getting emails. Now I know I will have to wait a few days since i summitted my pre-order on 9-24-11. However I have little hope in getting an actual email saying go ahead.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure many of the people selected for the first three waves have yet to log in. Most people that can afford to play probably have jobs. If I were a betting man, i'd put a grand on that being the reason for limiting waves. I preordered the 24th so I will go back to shooting people in the knee until tomorrow.

That "slow an steady wins the race" bs isnt gonna work here bioware. You are suppose to be changing the mold not conforming to it.

I cant imagine that you thought this was the best choice of action, i mean knowing how many people actually want to play this game what are you gonna do when you cant limit who wants to logon.

Eventually you will have to deal with your servers stability if that seems to be an issue, and dealing with it during the "FREE" ega seems like the time to do it imo, servers go down or need a restart you can do that now without to many people qqing and just say deal with it its bonus game time.

Just think if their are this many qq posts now because people arent getting in yet, what are you guys going to do when the game is live and your servers cant handle the load and now you have people who have actually spent money on the sub fees saying *** bioware why did you take care of this sooner now I cant play and I am paying for your service.

Not sure how this is gonna hold up though, if 2 days are barely in over a day. Only 6 days after this.... And well... almost 5 more months of pre-orders to wade through....

The two things Bioware said was that today especially you won't see a big spread as far as dates are concerned because preorders spiked the highest when they were first released. And Bioware also said that they are starting out slow and ramping up to bring more in each day.

That "slow an steady wins the race" bs isnt gonna work here bioware. You are suppose to be changing the mold not conforming to it.

I cant imagine that you thought this was the best choice of action, i mean knowing how many people actually want to play this game what are you gonna do when you cant limit who wants to logon.

Eventually you will have to deal with your servers stability if that seems to be an issue, and dealing with it during the "FREE" ega seems like the time to do it imo, servers go down or need a restart you can do that now without to many people qqing and just say deal with it its bonus game time.

Just think if their are this many qq posts now because people arent getting in yet, what are you guys going to do when the game is live and your servers cant handle the load and now you have people who have actually spent money on the sub fees saying *** bioware why did you take care of this sooner now I cant play and I am paying for your service.

They took pretty good care of server stability. You must not have been around the last few weeks or you are stretching for a reason for Bioware to allow more players per day (QQ).

Not sure how this is gonna hold up though, if 2 days are barely in over a day. Only 6 days after this.... And well... almost 5 more months of pre-orders to wade through....

I feel the internet rage growing but if they did 1 million pre-orders it would make sense for:

1,000,000/7 = ~150k people a day to get invites, I wonder how many they are up to right now, I also wonder if they have a system to where we sent out 37,500 invites on this wave, but only idk something like 17,500 are getting on and working it, therefore theres 20,000 spots that are still open, if they will send out replacement emails for those who can't login

I dont really mind the wave thing. But would really like some kind of status on it.

Like them saying: Ok june done, wave 6-9 will be july-sep. 10-15 will be october and so on.

What way we would figure out "OK i'm in wave 9'. Or something like that...

They took pretty good care of server stability. You must not have been around the last few weeks or you are stretching for a reason for Bioware to allow more players per day (QQ).

Which is my point exactly, they know what the server stability is, 3 waves an they still arent done with the 7/21 invites either 80% of the preorders happened on the 21st or they are being overly cautious. What reason do they have to be cautious when the servers withstood the beating it took on the thanksgiving day weekend.

im sure many of the people selected for the first three waves have yet to log in. Most people that can afford to play probably have jobs. If I were a betting man, i'd put a grand on that being the reason for limiting waves. I preordered the 24th so I will go back to shooting people in the knee until tomorrow.

LOL there's always Azeroth :mad:

But seriously who knows tomorrow they may put out a ton more waves after seeing how today goes

They at least wont get a reputation for a smooth launch, because people will feel that they just cheated with their staggering.

No matter what anyone does there will always be people QQ over something

EGA = QQ I WANT MORE

Waves = Smooth servers = QQ I WANT IT NAOW

Everyone at once = Server Ques and potential crashes = QQ WHY CANT I GET IN

People will always find something to be mad about it's human nature

EGA = QQ I WANT MORE

Wasnt the last big beta to check how things would be the first days? They should know if the servers can hold X people or XX. And they should already have the servers they need for the preorder.

I dont mind waiting a few more days, i was set on 17 dec from start so.

EGA = QQ I WANT MORE

Yup, but if BW were a tad more transparent about everything, less people would moan. Some people always will, but a lot of threads and moaning in here is because people don't know anything concrete.

Wasnt the last big beta to check how things would be the first days? They should know if the servers can hold X people or XX. And they should already have the servers they need for the preorder.

I dont mind waiting a few more days, i was set on 17 dec from start so.

Yea but if you remember they staggered those as well, some got in Friday, others Saturday, others Sunday, so it would only make sense that they do it this way I am sure they are letting more people in on these waves than they did with the Beta open waves

I just got my e-mail at 8:10 pst. I redeemed on 7/23.

Good luck ya'll.

FYI the character name I used for the beta is now invalid, so you might want to think of a few back up names just in case.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I orderedz on 23rdz too!

No Email Though!

My Patience Continues.

:D

Good luck ya'll.

FYI the character name I used for the beta is now invalid, so you might want to think of a few back up names just in case.

Invalid because someone already has it or invalid because it violated terms ?

Good luck ya'll.

Same, and I am trying to get my chosen character names but it seems like someone is always one step ahead of me with them.