Idea to balance the Healer PvP medals issue

Sylvan

As with most problems, Bioware needs to get creative. It is much easier for tanks and dps’ers to get lots of medals than healers, no one can debate that. What is also true is that healers can get some of the kill medals by throwing out DOTs and damage stuns on people and If they die, they’ll get credit for the kill as well. As a pure healer, I shouldn’t really have to do this, as the 1.5seconds global cooldown I suffer from slapping a dot on someone could literally be the death of one of my team mates. In an easy match, no problem…but in a match where your team is losing, time is the most important premium and I should not be wasting even 1.5 seconds going for medals outside of healing.

Rather than whine about it though, here are some suggestions.

Only make heals to other players count on the totals and badges (would need to slightly lower the current heal badges to adjust). Anything you heal to yourself doesn’t count, but…more badges for healing others are introduced, specifically 4 more badges so those of us who dedicate our PvP time to helping our team get rewarded.

Keep the current 4 healing badges, they are fine and match up roughly with the damage ones (even though it’s unfair as DPS classes don’t get a 30% debuff to their damage)

Add 4 more badges

Add 4 “lifesaver” medals. These would be awarded to healers who heal other players taking damage from 2 or more enemies ( a situation that would almost always result in them dying). If the ally lives and is restored to full health by the healer, the healer gets a medal (this applies if 2 or more healers work together, they both get the medals)

One badge for :

1 ally saved

3 allies saved

5 allies saved

8 allies saved

Only pure healers would have the skills to be able to get these medals, and they aren’t easy medals to get. This is a fair balance as no healer I’ve ever seen is able to get the 300k damage medal, or the tank ones, but tanks can get some of our medals easily.

All that needs to happen is healers need to get kill medals from healing people who are killing people.

That is a decent idea too, though to minimize the exploits the healer would need to be healing the other player at the moment they get the kill.

This is the primary reason I continue to go back to Lightning/madness on my sorc. With the same amount of effort as a healer getting 5-6 medals in a WZ,I can get 8-9+ as dps.

When it comes right down to it most peope do pvp to gear up, the faster you gear up, the better off you are. When you have so many classes that can get the low hanging medals regardless of AC it makes me feel like my dedicated healing spec is pointless.

Trooper/BH and Op/smug can easily rack up 10 medals in a game witth dps/self healing....they get massive rewards for doing what they should be doing. I have to bust my *** to break 300k heals in WZ, and all the while hope I get a 5k crit heal and randomly try to dot enemy mobs, making that 300k even harder to obtain.

Getting kills for healing in-combat allies is a nice standard way to help but I also like the heal medals for healing OTHERS more. Make me feel like sacrificing my damage capabiliies is worth it, and not rewarding my constant vigalance with only ONE more medal than a random OP/smug can get easily.

This is the primary reason I continue to go back to Lightning/madness on my sorc. With the same amount of effort as a healer getting 5-6 medals in a WZ,I can get 8-9+ as dps.

When it comes right down to it most peope do pvp to gear up, the faster you gear up, the better off you are. When you have so many classes that can get the low hanging medals regardless of AC it makes me feel like my dedicated healing spec is pointless.

Trooper/BH and Op/smug can easily rack up 10 medals in a game witth dps/self healing....they get massive rewards for doing what they should be doing. I have to bust my *** to break 300k heals in WZ, and all the while hope I get a 5k crit heal and randomly try to dot enemy mobs, making that 300k even harder to obtain.

Getting kills for healing in-combat allies is a nice standard way to help but I also like the heal medals for healing OTHERS more. Make me feel like sacrificing my damage capabiliies is worth it, and not rewarding my constant vigalance with only ONE more medal than a random OP/smug can get easily.

well said.

Healers should get credit for any kills that they assist on be it with healing or dps. It makes no sense that they don't.

That is an interested idea, it could be a bit much though, as Sages get an AOE heal which can heal 8 people...theorectically the sage would get the kills from their whole team.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.