SWTOR is not Dying

Halofax

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the game is dying then why am I seeing more and more people on my server everyday? Explain that one.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

When Warhammer was dying, the remaining fanboy base coalesced around a few servers, and those servers saw population increases while all others saw decreases.

There you go.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

When Warhammer was dying, the remaining fanboy base coalesced around a few servers, and those servers saw population increases while all others saw decreases.

There you go.

:rolleyes: Still explain to me in NUMBERS that the game is rapidly losing subs. I see no evidence of that.

Im not sure if the game is dying or not but on my server it doesnt seem to be.

My guild has over 200 people who all seem to be pretty happy with the game. Not that my single guild would be a reflection of the entire population but I havnt came across anyone in game whos attitude towards the game would indicate some kind of mass exodus. The server population seems to be fairly healthy and atleast moderately happy to me.

Although I find it odd that when I come to these forums all I see is doom and gloom posts. Hatefull and spitefull posts that carry on and on about a broken game riddled with game breaking bugs and broken content that is overseen by an evil, incompetent beast known as Bioware.

But I personally havnt seen these things in game. I havnt run across anyone in the game who has. Atleast not on the level that these forums would lead the average onlooker to believe.

:rolleyes: Still explain to me in NUMBERS that the game is rapidly losing subs. I see no evidence of that.

http://www.swtorarena.com/statistics

The playerbase has been steadily losing activity, even long AFTER the winter holidays ended, and that is directly correlated to over-all player satisfaction which is directly correlated to the total number of subs that SW:TOR has.

There you go.

SW:TOR is dying. You're grasping at straws here. Low population across servers is not excused by saying "oh, but they added in 5 new servers!"

No, the game IS dying.

I'm currently counting 20 servers as light, 8 as heavy and 2 at full, with the rest standard (US servers). This is hardly peak hour.

I'm by no means trying to claim that people aren't leaving, but the game is far from 'dying' at this point.

It is in the process of dying.

I'd prefer to trust evidence straight from the source than a third party site. I also mentioned that I wasn't arguing that SWTOR isn't losing numbers.

Sorry though, didn't notice I was arguing with you Vorps. You realise that you're just as bad as those 'biodrones' you despise so much, right?

Edit: In fact, those statistics you listed are flat-out wrong.

Edited by Thaed

The playerbase has been steadily losing activity, even long AFTER the winter holidays ended, and that is directly correlated to over-all player satisfaction which is directly correlated to the total number of subs that SW:TOR has.

There you go.

Decent Info. But don't you think that maybe after the holidays, people have to return to jobs, school, etc. It's not like everyone who plays can sit on it everyday all day.

Game is going to die because they wont put in a combat log or any kind of add-on friendly interface modifications. No dps/healing/action meters is a huge hindrance to the game.

I dare you to try play an MMO Pre-WoW..

Just for 1 day..

Instead of copy/paste the list of popular MMOs that use add-ons from curse.com (Which I don't play), I'd rather turn the trivia to you:

What percentage of the MMO market do these games that allow add-ons hold?

(Hint: WoW = 62% alone)

You cannot build an argument using obscure MMOs that no one plays.

Just because you don't play it doesn't mean no one plays it. However EQ2 still popular EQ1 Still popular, Perfect World still popular, Forsaken World stillpopular. I could go on.

Just because you don't play it doesn't mean no one plays it. However EQ2 still popular EQ1 Still popular, Perfect World still popular, Forsaken World stillpopular. I could go on.

Agree. Somehow Everquest 1 can pump out expansions every year. People low ball their subscription numbers, but their in game cash shop + the fact that every runs multiple accounts on original Everquest.

I bought 2 copies of the last Everquest expansion. Cost me 80 bucks.

5 days until the people who are capable of seeing the flaws leave and the rest start whining for server mergers and free transfers off dieing servers.

I can see multiple flaws, yet I have no intentions of leaving.

5 days until the people who are capable of seeing the flaws leave and the rest start whining for server mergers and free transfers off dieing servers.

Love the gloom and doom here. Does the fact the it's barely a month old bare reason as to why there are flaws? WoW sucked at launch and look where it's at now. You people are not giving bioware the chance to improve things, rather you instantly scream "fail" and run back to the same old game that's rapidly losing subs.

Im no fanboy either. I picked this up on a whim and from a recommendation from a friend and so far have had very little issues with it. This coming from a 4 year vet of EvE... hmm and people have been saying the EvE is dying or dead too for years :rolleyes:

Just for 1 day..

But they are before 2004. Now is 2012. Blizard made it well, when they allowed self-made addons to their game. Without those WoW could die before rise. WoW was the most dominant and popular MMO of the past 7-8 years. Everyone knows that, even if hate it or like it. Statistics not lies. And I'm sure, addons helped a lot to makes WoW like that. Because Blizzard agreed: devs can works on contents, game system, etc, but actually players knows better than devs, and can do better what they needs to make their game more user-friendly and enjoyable

Edited by TorqueoMilitaris

But they are before 2004. Now is 2012. Blizard made it well, when they allowed self-made addons to their game. Without those WoW could die before rise. WoW was the most dominant and popular MMO of the past 7-8 years. Everyone knows that, even if hate it or like it. Statistics not lies. And I'm sure, addons helped a lot to makes WoW like that. Because Blizzard agreed: devs can works on contents, game system, etc, but actually players knows better than devs, and can do better what they needs to make their game more user-friendly and enjoyable

Blizzard made it maybe right after 7 years of patches, etc etc etc etc

These improvements also took time. It's not like blizz fixed everything in a week.

Just for 1 day..

WoW re-invented the genre. There is no conceivable reason as to why new MMO devs can't copy the recipe that already proved successful, well most of it.

Claiming "but swtor is out for just 2 weeks" is irrelevant. WoW implemented a lot of features over a long time because they had to brain storm and experiment before introducing new things into the game.

With the innovation and experimentation already done, I don't see why BW didn't just copy all that hard work and just implemented it in their game by default.

Edited by Chomag

WoW re-invented the genre. There is no conceivable reason as to why new MMO devs can't copy the recipe that already proved successful, well most of it.

Claiming "but swtor is out for just 2 weeks" is irrelevant. WoW implemented a lot of features over a long time because they had to brain storm and experiment before introducing new things into the game.

With the innovation and experimentation already done, I don't see why BW didn't just copy all that hard work and just implemented it in their game by default.

Except they didn't reinvent anything. They just capitalized on the success of their brand name from Starcraft and the Warcraft series. WOW plays just like old MMO's only at a faster pace. Add in good marketing and you have WOW

Blizzard made it maybe right after 7 years of patches, etc etc etc etc

So we should wait 7 years till SWtoR catch up with WoW? Then we can enjoy SWtOR in 2019, when it will be match to an MMO in 2012. And if an MMO comes out in 2019 with features like SWtoR now (which is about match to WoW at 2004 release) then players have to wait another 7 years till that game will be polished. Where is the MMO evolution then?

Edited by TorqueoMilitaris

The population is spread over a ludicrous amount of low population servers.

Why?

Because people threatened to quit if Bioware didnt put up more servers to fix server queues.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/21/bioware-swtor-queues-are-here-to-stay/

^ Rock, Paper, Shotgun reporting on Evil Bioware and their refusal to add servers.

Then they added servers and people say the game is too empy.

Give the mouse a cookie and it'll want a glass of milk. Likely be a moving target until the first couple waves of trial subs expire.