Marauders not wanted for hard mode?

Daxer

So im a lvl 50 marauder on the server Sluis Shipyards, my guild just recently started doin hard mode flashpoints and when i ask if i can come, they say they dont want marauders since having a sorc or dps assassin is better for any situation, my question is if its true and if so why? I get told i might if im lucky get into raids but thats it. That hardly seems fair. -.-

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BS! your guild has no clue ...

Marauders resource system is incredible powerful in long fights and there is absolutely no class that can put out the same sustained single target dmg (annihilation).

They have ,if i remember right, when specced into annihilation the shortest interupt CD (6s)

+ Obfuscate, which timed right can neutralize the most powerful attacks of a boss mob

+ passive group support ( Healing / 50% speed + 10% ranged+meele defense / 15% increased dmg + healing)

+ can survive one-shot skills of a boss

+ can spam aoe attack (sweeping slash only 1 focus when specced + adrenal + relic = huge!)

+ can stun a droid for 60 secs (no CD)

what offers a Sin dps ??

BS! your guild has no clue ...

Marauders resource system is incredible powerful in long fights and there is absolutely no class that can put out the same sustained single target dmg (annihilation).

They have ,if i remember right, when specced into annihilation the shortest interupt CD (6s)

+ Obfuscate, which timed right can neutralize the most powerful attacks of a boss mob

+ passive group support ( Healing / 50% speed + 10% ranged+meele defense / 15% increased dmg + healing)

+ can survive one-shot skills of a boss

+ can spam aoe attack (sweeping slash only 1 focus when specced + adrenal + relic = huge!)

+ can stun a droid for 60 secs (no CD)

what offers a Sin dps ??

the person above has no ideal about marauders, it's not even worth explaining to them how much utility a Marauder has.

If you don't bring at least one Marauder you're seriously *********** up.

Bloodthirst as a DPS cooldown, Predation as a raid defense cooldown and Obfuscate are all absolutely amazing.

Tie that in with Annihilation bleed heals for the group and you have plenty of utility.

Edited by Kibaken

Admitting that you don't allow a certain class to come is pretty much admitting you're terrible.

Everything in this game pre nightmare modes is incredibly simple and can be done with any class comp.

Edited by Kricys

are people seriously optimizing the line up for these easy as **** HM flashpoints? get some people with skill u dont need a perfect lineup for any flashpoint except maybe some knockback classes for emperor hardmode Edited by Tenndou

I'm rolling a marauder specifically for raiding. Why? because my guild has a clue about what marauders bring to the table.

If you wanna troll, post it in the sniper forum

Obviously my main is a Marauder.

I'm cheating though as I'm the guild leader. :p

I think that people who do not want marauders are morons. In PvE I've yet to see a better DPS class.

well tell me how you based that theory since there is no DM meter in this game lol.

to the OP

if that true, your guild leader need a slap on the face, must be an horrible horrible person in RL...just up your middle finger and quit.

I'm a guild leader on Black Vulkars and we don't take Marauders for hard modes either. When all classes do comparable damage, we have to bring the ones that bring utility.

What a pro, putting theory craft before your guild morale, you sir will go far in the game, shame no one will remember you.

I'm a guild leader on Black Vulkars and we don't take Marauders for hard modes either. When all classes do comparable damage, we have to bring the ones that bring utility.

Sounds like my kind of guild, where do i sign up for this goodness!!......

well tell me how you based that theory since there is no DM meter in this game lol.

to the OP

if that true, your guild leader need a slap on the face, must be an horrible horrible person in RL...just up your middle finger and quit.

So you can't gauge that by looking at how fast other classes DPS for example elites and strong mobs? I don't need a metter to tell me the obvious.

Marauders have no utility for PvE? Are we talking about the same game? Marauders have outstanding DPS and group buffs, an accuracy debuff which is immensely useful, and some really solid defensive cooldowns just in case... plus one of the best aggro dumps in the game on a 45 second cooldown. Did I mention it's got the absolute best resource in the game for sustained DPS in boss fights? And a 20% healing debuff that no other class has for those pesky healing mobs. I think groups that refuse to take Marauders for any content are just plain dumb, or they have only seen terrible Marauders for some reason.

My guild brings 2 Marauders to the raid and we killed HM 16 Soa(Nightmare is bugged and impossible right now) earlier this week and I believe we were world 6th based on forum posts claiming kills. Carnage's Burst damage is absolutely incredible for Soa and Annihilation has some of the best raid utility and sustained DPS in the game. The 6% healing to the party every time I berserk adds up and my self-healing means I rarely need to be fully topped off since I'll simply heal up passively by the time I take any damage again.

Marauders are definitely worth bringing to raids. They definitely have their usability issues and the short window you get to refresh Annihilator makes it inefficient to use your better spec(Annihilation) for the majority of EV fights since Soa, Pylons, Gharj, and Droid all have downtime where the buff will fall off. The prevalence of 1-button ACs like Mercenaries because it is a bit annoying knowing someone is facerolling and getting similar results.

Edited by Tumri

TBH, I can see where they are coming from. Marauder is an extremely gear-dependent class, and tough to play. When first hitting 50, it can be a little rough -- especially since our gear is not carried in the commendation scheme.

However, this is very disturbing because it reflects upon the general attitude towards marauders. What was BW excuse for nerfing biochem again? Something along the lines of guilds and raid groups requiring it? Now instead we have an entire class being locked out of raid and flash point groups.

That said, if I were to organize a raid, I would want two marauders in my group for one skill: Bloodthirst. It's hard to argue against 30 seconds of +15% extra damage on a boss fight for the entire raid group. That could mean the difference between hitting the enrage timer or not.

Edited by Tom_Joad

People that think like this are stupid, moronic and elitist and those type of guilds will not last long.

Granted this is a wow thing, but i had the same issue with my feral druid, the guild i was in was overly elitist, they never let me do dps at all, stating feral druids are tanks, not dps...stupid i know, but thats what they were like.

I left the guild soon after and joined with a good guild, they took me on heroics and raids and one day, we were short on dps and bought in some pugs for a raid and some of them were from that old guild.

He was saying that i shouldn't be dps'ing since ferals are tanks and since dps were a dime a dozen, the guild leader said 'keep quiet or leave' so he kept quiet and at the end of the raid, i was the highest dps, even more then the elitist idiots' rogue.

In the end, he was moaning and it was safe to say that i knew my class inside and out, knew the perfect time to do the bleeds and so on and that makes a good player, i admit, having the minimum gear required is needed, beyond that, your knowledge of your class is far more important.

You can have all the gear, all the utility and all the dps and that will be nothing, if you don't know how to use them.

You still don't get it do you? When all classes do comparable damage, how about bringing the player?

This is why MMOs degenerate into a cycle of buffs and nerfs over time. Nerds with too much time on their hand blaming failure on class balance. Personally, I believe the above guild may lack quality leadership.

You still don't get it do you? When all classes do comparable damage, how about bringing the player?

This is why MMOs degenerate into a cycle of buffs and nerfs over time. Nerds with too much time on their hand blaming failure on class balance. Personally, I believe the above guild may lack quality leadership.

well said.