Oceanic Servers....

Sollaar

will we be able to xfer to the oceanic servers that are currently planned for March 1st? As i'm an aussie stuck on Infinite Empire (since swiftsure was overpopulated)

swiftsure won't be overpopulated after the 20th, reroll. im on swiftsure and i havent logged in for over 2 weeks.

will we be able to xfer to the oceanic servers that are currently planned for March 1st? As i'm an aussie stuck on Infinite Empire (since swiftsure was overpopulated)

You probably wont get oceanic servers for a long time and besides no xfers imo... just reroll if you cannot wait for oceanic this is your downside. simple

Have you read the last announcement about it? I don't think they said anything definitive, but it did mention something about them looking into the possibility of transfers.

Can't find it now to link to it.

The Swiftsure, The Jekk'Jekk Tar and The Harbinger are the 3 unofficial oceanic servers. The jekk'jekk tar is the best option to avoid queues and there are a lot of Aussies and other oceanics on there already. The last word from BW was March, Oceanic servers located in Qld Australia and they were looking at transferring those who had already ordered the game from overseas to the new oceanic servers once they are established. Hope this helps :)

they said in an DEV post they were working on a system for transfers for when those servers launched. I think the issue has to do with the servers being based over there and not connected to the current system like the EU and NA ones are even though they are based apart.

The jekk'jekk tar is the best option to avoid queues and there are a lot of Aussies and other oceanics on there already.

I'll second this. I'm not an Aussie or other Oceanic, but I am a night owl, and it's good having you guys around when everyone else on my continent is asleep.

Here is the original announcement ...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=574005

We can confirm that Star Wars: The Old Republic will be launching in Australia and New Zealand in the spring of 2012.

Right now we are targeting March 1st, but that could change as our number one priority is making sure that customers have a great service to play on.

For those of you who may have already imported the game, we will be investigating solutions to allow you to continue to play on a local server once they come online in March.

EDIT: As pointed out, southern hemisphere seasons are reversed! When we say 'Spring' you can substitute 'Q1/Q2 2012'. Apologies for that.

Stephen Reid | Senior Online Community Manager

There will be Local Server, and there should be a transfer. Without a transfer the local server will become a bit pointless.... and empty. I will be transferring because my server has a low population.

the queue times are like up to an hour still, and someone said Infinite Empire was the 2nd unofficial aussie server which turned out to be wrong...

Nope. Not during Oceanic playtimes. Just reroll on Swiftsure, it'll be fine. You'll easily be able to catch up by March, when they'd have it available anyway.

Edited by Sai-to

Keeping an eye on this and keen to learn more.

Particulary:

1. If there will be servers in Australia and when this will be

2. If there will be character transfer options at release of that server

I am currently playing on The Harbinger.

Keeping an eye on this and keen to learn more.

Particulary:

1. If there will be servers in Australia and when this will be

2. If there will be character transfer options at release of that server

I am currently playing on The Harbinger.

1. They have stated they want to have local servers in Australia available in March (officially selling in AU then too)

2. They are "working on" a way to transfer characters to those servers once available.

I personally don't see the point. The fact they didn't have oceanic servers available at launch means they should have just designated a few of the current servers as official oceanic. History has shown that if you don't have oceanic servers at launch, the community will designate them themselves and any later attempt to add them will result in low-pop servers.

The one possible exception is PvP. Some Oceanic players may switch to get better pings... but not many. There isn't a significant disadvantage because of the 1.5 sec GCD, and switching will defeat the purpose of having PvP available 24/7 (because US players won't want to switch).

Overall it was just bad implementation. The Oceanic servers they add in March are already doomed to be low-pop ghost towns. Harbinger and Swiftsure will remain high-pop, and most guilds will not switch when the servers actually come. Again, this is proven by history.