A serious question to people disappointed with swtor

Daedricshots

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt mean WoW was polished, I meant since the origimal game has come out they have had 7 years to fix things, correct bugs, expand on new ideas, some failed and some were great! And i dont think they want a lfd finder because theyre trying to promote community, join a guild, make friends so you wont have too spam general chat! Though it os extremely annoying I've done it also..

It's been a month, these problems arent something you can fix with a few button clicks. You need to re-program a million things. Bioware in the end is a business.. With this many people complaining I'm sure they'll fix at least a few of these problems within the next few months.

Yeah, "I'm sure". Oh thank you oh wise one.

FYI: the game may have "been out" for a month, but the release that we're playing now is from the end of beta testing (2 months ago) and was (ostensibly) thoroughly debugged. So don't give me that crap about how we should just give BW time and try not to hurt their feelings, like they're a cat we just adopted from the shelter.

1.0.2d Patch Notes 1/12/2012

Items

•Fixed an exploit that allowed the removal of Armoring item modifications that were not intended to be available for removal on Artifact quality items.

Flashpoints and Operations

Flashpoints

Bug Fixes

•Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented players from resetting their active Flashpoint.

Operations

Eternity Vault

•Using "Reset All Active Operations" no longer causes Soa and the Ancient Pylons to respawn even if the player is currently locked out of these encounters.

The MMO I came from, years old and highly polished, routinely fixes/tweaks dozens of things in a patch. This game, the "give it time" game, well, those are the complete patch notes from last patch. My argument > yours.

:wea_03: Lightsaber!

1. Ability lag

2. Textures ( need major improvement )

3. Population on servers are too low. I am 50 now, and trying to find groups for the weekly and daily quests is very tough.

4. PVP is waayyy unbalanced

5. Bioware needs to listen to the gamers, not themselves

I love the game, don't get me wrong. But some of these issues are major downfalls to the playability of the game. At this time, I don't feel like playing much anymore. One major reason is lack of population, for grouping and such. Another is Bioware is not listening to the gamers. I see so many posts on these forums begging for changes, and 90 percent of the complaints are not being addressed in press or the patches.

So I am frustrated.

I would say no. Not my reason for leaving.

Maybe in a couple of expansions when they add more content story wise on the jedi side. I like the heroics and 4 man flashpoints. Im not much of a raid person and i like story/lore. I could care less for raid gear.

I think they need to make it waaay harder to level, maybe add some (AA exp) like in EQ. Something to keep you busy so you dont zoom through content.

Edited by Borelos

I've said it before. SWTOR will fail because it's built on a false premise not because of bugs

-Linear planets don't work.

-Crew skills mean you literally never have to re-explore planets.

-Voice over means that content will take longer to produce. The longer it takes to produce, the more bored people will get. Why do you think every flashpoint from level 16+ is the polar opposite of Esseles and Black Talon?

-There is a load scene every 5 feet. This is the best way to make your players feel restricted and one of the main reasons why a theme park Star Wars MMO WILL NOT WORK. Star Wars is about tons of different planets and areas, which means tons of load scenes

-The voice acting also means that no one will ever get to play an alien race like wookie or bothan. So i hope you enjoy playing humans with different colored skin for the next 10 years

Edited by Blackwater

Lol half the community complaining for lfg tool the other half say no because it builds community, theyve already added a level 50 pvp bracket, are adding a flash point in the next few days, for those who got to 50 quicker then some "not saying they rushed". They have about 10 make or break problems within the game atm that need to be addressed, yet being a huge corporation ea/bioware I'm sure there are a bundle of ideas being tossed around on how to fix these problems and in which order. I mean I remember huge percentages of peoe complaining of bugs n other on WoW for 6 months before blizzard even addressed the issue.

If these things were fixed and you had already unsubbed, would you re-sub and play again?

1. Ability lag

2. Free roaming quests that dont limit you to a starter planet.

3. More warzones and PVE raids

4. A crafting system that produces gear and weapons equal to end game items.

5. Pvp brackets instead of mosh pit

1. Yes

2. Not fussed

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Not fussed lvl 50's will have their own bracket soon enough and 10-49 is fine as it is.

6. Would like to see alot more objective open world pvp, which gave buffs to the entire faction to make them worth while in fighting for maybe. Or something to make world pvp better than WZ.

Edited by Vicrodhe

also, separating the two factions for so long and also for making planets so huge. :rolleyes:

sharding? for what? so people can quest alone? its a freaking mmo.

pve and pvp servers kinda being the same thing. Since they have outlaws den and ilium and warzones.

How are the planets too big. Why would ANYONE complain that the world is too big in an mmo?

Just comparing to another MMO, if people posting on the forums can use examples of WoW having a lfg tool, macro's etc. I certainly may use an example of WoW taking much more time to address widely regarded issues.

Tell you what. Go compare a 2011 Ford Mustang to a 1987 Pinto and see if anyone thinks your argument holds water.

Semantics are nice, but they don't buy subs

Mostly i'm disapointed in the fact this is becoming a reskined voice acted WoW.. the further I progress the more it becomes like WoW.. SURE WORLD OF WARCRAFT WAS GREAT.. for 2005.. this is 2011 It needs to be revamped.. forcing you to go to planets based on your level sucks forcing you to follow a set path depending on your class.. sucks having little to no requirements to make a group.. sucks.. it just is getting kinda tiresome quick and I think a lot of people where burnt out from WoW because of that.. This gave you a bit of a refresh with new skills, charaters, etc but the lack of diversity ( few classes ) the fact you have the exact same skill tree as WoW.. the fact your FORCED to become a combat profesion it just.. well its annoying

Sure say I'm looking for SWG2.. That would have been awesome. I'm not. Sure a lot of my points are things that where in SWG ( becoming a musican for example ) but it doens't have to be the same. I just hate the linarness of this.. it feels like a multiplayer RPG.. AKA you play the game by yourself following little missions that you have to acomplish and if you get stuck you have a friend come over and help you then they go on do there own stuff and you do yours.

I'm going to keep playing I'm not 50 yet and i'm going to hope it gets better. I will give bioware a chance to show me a better game but I don't think its going to be as a religouly played game as WoW..

This is my thoughts EXACTLY. I get that they didnt want to make SWG2 but that game had so many cool and innovative things in it they could have at least implemented a few of them. Hell I would have taken SWg that worked properly and it would have been awesome lol.

Also to the people that say everyone cries about the same things and dont give them time to fix them. Its because these things never should have been issues in the first place, its almost like BW made the first MMO ever and learned nothing from any others.

So to all the people that are dissatisfied with this game I want to ask you one simple question.

If these things were fixed and you had already unsubbed, would you re-sub and play again?

1. Ability lag

Or just say what you would want to keep you playing swtor.

1) Annoying. Doubly so because I play a healer and it doesn't even display the correct health of party members. Not the reason though why I'm unsubbing.

2) Went into this game without expectations, so this wasn't an issue for me.

3) Don't PVP much and I'm a strictly casual player, so these aren't an issue for me.

4) Having the ability to craft End Game gear is nice...but the crafting system (and game economy for that matter) needs a very significant overhaul. Just adding a few end game recipes won't change that. In fact, it seems like crafting was just tacked on without much thought. The fact that there was not one, but two huge exploits that gave cheaters billions of credits makes the crafting and economic side of this game pointless.

5) Again, I don't PvP much so this isn't an issue for me.

I left WoW before I even heard about SWTOR. I was looking for something different. I though that that something different was this game, but it isn't.

The voice acted story lines captivated me at first, but after a while I realized that the class story line was pretty much set and there was nothing I can do that can change that. Much like how the space combat is on rails, so too is the character development. Nothing you do will change the course of the story except for some minor details.

But you know what? I can live with that. The storyline IS interesting, and I can appreciate that. I can have fun and play the game just to see how that turns out.

But I guess I was looking for something more than just another themepark MMO like WoW. Unfortunately, from my point of view, this game just seems like an expansion pack of WoW with voice acting, companions, and spaceships...just not as user friendly. Having a more user-friendly game would probably have kept me longer than just one month. Basically, things that waste time but doesn't require skill is just plain annoying to me (the travel system in this game could use some work for instance).

After reading up on other MMOs to see if any of them had something to offer me, I kind of regret not getting the chance to play the previous star wars game that they ended to make room for this one. From all accounts, that game was not perfect either, but the sandbox style of play would at least have made it distinctive enough that I think I would have enjoyed it more.

I hope to come back in a few months to see if anything's changed. I think it can go either way at this point.

Disclaimer - This is not a troll thread i am genuinely interested in the responses from this thread. Please dont turn it into a flame war.

So to all the people that are dissatisfied with this game I want to ask you one simple question.

1. Ability lag

If they port it to

engine I would stay.

Tell you what. Go compare a 2011 Ford Mustang to a 1987 Pinto and see if anyone thinks your argument holds water.

Semantics are nice, but they don't buy subs

Lol, it'd be more like comparing a 2011 mustang to a 2007, some may prefer the 07's body style to the slimmer 2011, the 07 has metallic paint 2011 have pastel type colors. Just different and a v8 is a v8.

Disclaimer - This is not a troll thread i am genuinely interested in the responses from this thread. Please dont turn it into a flame war.

1. Ability lag

Probably yes, but only in the short term, those things listed apart from warzone brackets may well take 6 months to implement, for me I want to see a lot more quality warzones that are fun (nothing like huttball thanks)

Someone else in this thread mentions Rift which despite its small scale actually has stunning beautifull graphics (swtor just looks dull & drab to me) & plenty of decent pvp & pve content, I kind of wish the rift team had swtors budget lols.

The real question is can the swtor devs deliver improvements before other competing games come out..

1. Ability lag

I canceled my sub because of poor FPS on a capable gaming rig (tried every single trick and piece of advice). I never experienced ability lag or anything else really. The pvp mosh pit is an absolute joke, and I am perplexed as to why they would release the game without any brackets. To me that kinda shows PvP is going to be put on the back burner in this game. I only got to level 25, but the world felt relatively linear and small. The game does have some good things going for it, and I would probably still be subbed if I wasn't one of the "5%" of the players with "low end pc's" experiencing poor FPS. I didn't know low end PC's can play BF3 on High or Witcher 2 maxed out.

The entire overly linear design and lifeless world amongst numerous other things are why i won't resub. It would take starting over from scratch with new developers to get me to subscibe to this game. Not happening, the game is the biggest disappointment ive ever seen. Edited by SaltAU