Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Dont Compare SWTOR to CURRENT WOW!

ShiftyDaClown

It just seams odd to compare a VANILLA GAME like SWTOR, to a game that has been around for awhile like WOW.

If you were to compare the two games wouldnt it be fair to just compare SWTOR to vanilla WoW?

The pathetic thing is that SWTOR can't even compete against Rift a game that came out Q1 2011.

Edited by Zilrota
edited quote

WOW really was a breakthrough in the gaming world. Swtor's only major accomplishment thus far is voiceovers. So let me ask you this. If wow did voiceovers before swtor would you still be flaming that swtor was a great game?

The bugs have killed the game, it's 2012, we payed for an unfinished, unpolished, game with content missing that was supposed to be in the box I purchased for 60 bucks. Tons of content is missing from this game. Sorry to say but this game should be on the steam sales rack already.

What in specific was a breakthrough exactly? I don't believe there was anything, but I'll admit I am genuinely curious if there was something. I used to only play F2P so I kind of hated WoW for a long time, but I am curious as to whether or not it brought any actual specific innovations from launch or not.

basicly people feel if swtor didnt launch with

10mil players

LFG tool

27 raids

67 dungeons

8 battlegrounds

than it is a fail boat.....

and dont tell me its the bugs.........

I didn't quit because of any of those things, at all.

What in specific was a breakthrough exactly? I don't believe there was anything, but I'll admit I am genuinely curious if there was something. I used to only play F2P so I kind of hated WoW for a long time, but I am curious as to whether or not it brought any actual specific innovations from launch or not.

I didn't really pay attention much at launch was too busy killing plain striders like a boss.

Regardless of how much it copied, it copied them all MUCH better then who they got the idea from.

I do mind that this game is essentially playing a beta WoW, but it might have held me longer if they atleast made Equal if not better versions of everything they stole.

Edited by mcfabulous

10mil players

LFG tool

27 raids

67 dungeons

8 battlegrounds

Nah... I'm pretty sure its...

Broken PvP

Lack of Guild Functionality

The fact that the currently LFG tool is -Useless-

Faction Imbalances

Personal CS issues

Boredom or frustration with Story

etc.

10mil players

LFG tool

27 raids

67 dungeons

8 battlegrounds

Nobody is saying that. It would have been nice if if SWTOR had SOME of the features that are basic stuff for modern mmo's. High quality graphics, the ability to customize your UI. Hell... Macros....

It's like they made the game in 2002 and are just now getting around to releasing it.

Edited by Paralassa
content

10mil players

LFG tool

27 raids

67 dungeons

8 battlegrounds

I'm not complaining about content at all. But the missing features and the lack of polish are not excusable.

Edited by Shillen

So, if a brand new car company puts out a Model T, I shouldn't compare that to current automobiles available?

Sorry, if you want to compete, you compete against CURRENT games.

What's worse is anybody that uses that excuse implicitly acknowledges the game's shortcomings by crafting justifications for them.

That being said, this game is neither as good, nor as bad, as everyone is making it out to be. The ball is in BW's court, though, as to which direction they want to take the game. I would normally have expected such a crucial decision time to come after about a year or so, but the shortcomings of the game itself have forced BW's hand.

Can they pull it off and make this the best MMO? We'll see.

Hello all,

We ask that threads on the forums are constructive and centered around discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. While we understand comparing it to other games, these discussions are not constructive or on topic.

We ask that you please see this thread from AllisonBerryman regarding constructive discussion on the forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141421

We will go ahead and close this thread now. Thank you.