Bioware: Allow Advanced Class Respec!

Dunzo

The devs honestly for future additions to the game, just need to add stuff without giving people the time to try and shoot things down. To many nubcakes trying to shoot this down here. I say to those for ac switching don't give up. :D

Rude much?

Shooting down is what you do with bad ideas. Like zeppelins and pillow pets.

No to AC respecs.

Edited by aznthecapn

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought some more about this post.

This just simply needs to be implemented into the game and like yesterday.

I am a Jedi Guardian now, level 41. I have a level 28ish Marauder and a level 23ish juggernaut.

Not everyone who plays the game watches youtube videos and does a ton of research before they play. I do and even I wish I could change my choice.

If you were some noob who picked this game up off the shelf and just wanted to play swtor, you had to pick your advanced class based on a few lines of TEXT no in-game demonstration AT ALL. NOR Could you view the list of abilities that you would get (you only got to see talents).

It is a huge penalty to players and not beginner friendly at all. And most of importantly IT IS NOT FUN, it is irritating and that is what matters.

Here is what I propose:

Once every 3 months charge 25$ USD (micro transactions are coming, its unstoppable).

You can do a quest chain that will reset your advanced class and allow you to try out the other. HOWEVER you are able to switch back ONLY within 24 hours. Once you complete your advanced class quest you are now STUCK for the next 3 months.

However you will get one satchel of a starting level 50 set. You must be level 50 to do this quest.

Heck tie it in with the legacy system. Just implement it!

No.

You made your choice, and had more than enough information supplied to be able to accurately decide which AC to take at the time.

Deal with it or reroll, those are your only two options. Period.

You had two paragraphs.

GO BY WHAT YOU SEE IN GAME.

NOT what you can research outside of the game.

only if it was once every three months and you where put back to level 10 , people should be made to think real hard about changing and it have severe penalties for doing so

Level 10 is barely enough to even notice a difference..... You want to reset a level 50 to 10? 0_o? I agree every three months.

NOT what you can research outside of the game.

Sorry but in this day and age, the idea that people shouldn't be able to do a little research on message boards, blogs, and other fan sites is simply preposterous.

You saw that the choice was a one time deal, and you couldn't change it after you made it. At that point if you don't think you have enough information, then either you take your chance or you find out more.

I thought some more about this post.

This just simply needs to be implemented into the game and like yesterday.

I am a Jedi Guardian now, level 41. I have a level 28ish Marauder and a level 23ish juggernaut.

Not everyone who plays the game watches youtube videos and does a ton of research before they play. I do and even I wish I could change my choice.

If you were some noob who picked this game up off the shelf and just wanted to play swtor, you had to pick your advanced class based on a few lines of TEXT no in-game demonstration AT ALL. NOR Could you view the list of abilities that you would get (you only got to see talents).

It is a huge penalty to players and not beginner friendly at all. And most of importantly IT IS NOT FUN, it is irritating and that is what matters.

Here is what I propose:

Once every 3 months charge 25$ USD (micro transactions are coming, its unstoppable).

You can do a quest chain that will reset your advanced class and allow you to try out the other. HOWEVER you are able to switch back ONLY within 24 hours. Once you complete your advanced class quest you are now STUCK for the next 3 months.

However you will get one satchel of a starting level 50 set. You must be level 50 to do this quest.

Heck tie it in with the legacy system. Just implement it!

I bet this would make the stockholders happy . More profits! :D

Sorry but in this day and age, the idea that people shouldn't be able to do a little research on message boards, blogs, and other fan sites is simply preposterous.

You saw that the choice was a one time deal, and you couldn't change it after you made it. At that point if you don't think you have enough information, then either you take your chance or you find out more.

Look man, then where is my instruction manual that gave me more in-depth information? I think its probably because most people on these boards are just way to young to realize that we all don't have all the time in the world to re-roll characters because we weren't able to test drive them out.

Lets take two people:

John A. John A is a huge mmorpg player, he played in all the betas and did his research and knew everything about the game before its release.

John B. John B has a family a career and a life. He likes mmos and rpgs but he doesn't spend all his free time on them nor does he spend all his time thinking about them. He picked a choice thought it was cool and then learned that he may have liked the otherside better. He gets to level 10 and loves it but if he re-rolls he won't catch up to his friends for months.

I mean if I was going to market a product I think the choice should be ALLOWED atleast once.....

Think about this issue using logic and reason.

Advance classes are completely different classes. A Sniper plays completely different from an Operative. Honestly, people might as well give up on this idea, because it's never going to happen.

A boomkin plays completely different from a feral bear.

Now you're going to say "AC RESPECS IS LIKE A ROGUE TO A PALADIN" or some other such nonsensical bs.

Look man, then where is my instruction manual that gave me more in-depth information?

Instruction manuals for MMO's is a huge waste of time. Friend of mine has the SWTOR guide book, and it was outdated before the game released.

Think about this issue using logic and reason.

I have, have you?

Logic tells me that if I'm told something will happen, I'm not surprise when it happens. Likewise if I'm told something will not happen, I'm not surprised that it didn't.

Logic tells me that if no other MMO out there with a class based system allows people to change classes, then this one will not likely allow it either.

Logic tells me that if people can change classes, then there's no value in the choice in the first place.

Logic tells me that if people can change classes, then only the best 4 classes will be accepted in end game activities, and if I'm not playing one I'll be expected to switch my class.

Logic tells me that if I'm going to make a decision, that I can not undo, I should make sure I have as much info as possible before I make it.

What is illogical is people demanding that they be able to change their class, just because they want to.

I mean if I was going to market a product I think the choice should be ALLOWED atleast once.....

The problem with this is that some people here in all their ignorance feel that AC change should be allowed more than once, as in whenever they see fit, which would be a complete disaster and will never happen.

A one time change which would cost a lot...ok, not much harm in that.

Making it available for AC's to be switched on regular basis on the other hand is just ridiculous.

The problem with this is that some people here in all their ignorance feel that AC change should be allowed more than once, as in whenever they see fit, which would be a complete disaster and will never happen.

Making it available for AC's to be switched on regular basis on the other hand is just ridiculous.

I agree.

There would be huge harm at that, because at end game, everyone would be expected to change their AC into what ever the current best choice is.

If/When that changes then you'd have a bunch of people stuck in a AC they didn't really want to play in the first place.

A one time change that expires at lvl 20 on the other hand I could get behind.

Edited by VanorDM

Instruction manuals for MMO's is a huge waste of time. Friend of mine has the SWTOR guide book, and it was outdated before the game released.

I have, have you?

Logic tells me that if I'm told something will happen, I'm not surprise when it happens. Likewise if I'm told something will not happen, I'm not surprised that it didn't.

Logic tells me that if no other MMO out there with a class based system allows people to change classes, then this one will not likely allow it either.

Logic tells me that if people can change classes, then there's no value in the choice in the first place.

Logic tells me that if people can change classes, then only the best 4 classes will be accepted in end game activities, and if I'm not playing one I'll be expected to switch my class.

Logic tells me that if I'm going to make a decision, that I can not undo, I should make sure I have as much info as possible before I make it.

What is illogical is people demanding that they be able to change their class, just because they want to.

No you are thinking way too much.

Let me beat something into your head.

Dear EA,

I will pay you 25-100$ cash to allow me to switch my AC one time.

Are you going to pay money to stop me? Why do you care so much? Sure you can kick and scream on the forums but at the end of the day money talks.