The Sith are the dumbest villains ever.

MBirdy

I'm sorry but they are.... the whole sith code and thier logic is just completely stupid.

"Oh hi, im going to learn from my master, then kill him, then train an apprentice then get killed by him"

"Im gonna kill and hurt everyone I see because numbers arnt important in a war, yet we seem to have such a bigger army than the republic out of nowhere".

"Im gonna save my wife by killing everyone I ever liked and then kill here... because that makes sense."

I dont get it, oh sure opposite of light side, but in a completely stupid manor.

-Loads carbine-

I dare you to repeat that

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most successful sith (and primary sith leaders that formed the empire in this era) were balanced and excellent thinkers.

Balanced? The Emperor wipes out an entire planet, strings his people a long for about a century, and then up and leaves when the Empire needs him the most. I wouldn't call that balanced.

Yes it's pretty bad.

Who would join the empire if the chance of you getting killed by your boss is at like 100%?

There is this mission on Tattooine where this imperial trooper or whatever and his squad was sent out to bomb some random stuff out in the desert and he got captured.. and when you get to him he is like "I can't go back if I failed my mission because I will be executed!"which is just.. come on really? You can't fail once in the empire? Anyway so you tell this guy that you will pick up where he left off and bomb the targets for him.. and when you come back to tell him the job is done there is an option to kill the dude... what on earth? "Please don't kill me!" <Do you wish to kill this imperial dude?> What... no? SWTOR.. chill the f*** out.

That is one of the main reason I am neautral on most of my characters.. if you try to kill me I kill you it's as easy as that but I don't just walk around force choking dudes to death for no reason because it's f**** dumb. One other example would be when you first get to Dromund Kaas as a Sith Warrior and the servant guy for Darth Baras comes and greets you all polite and stuff and does his job perfectly well and then all of a sudden there is an option to cut him in half with a lightsaber? Thats not darkside.. that is just psycho sh** and no one would ever work with you ever again.

"Hey I am going on a mission with Darth Lerntoplayy today"

"Dude... you haven't heard?"

"Heard what?"

"Darth Lerntoplayy kills people for no damn reason at all"

"What you mean he kills for no reason? I'm sure he just kills you if you screw up big time"

"No no.. you know Robert down at engineering?"

"Yeah?"

"His brother helped Darth Lerntoplayy take over that republic base last week..."

"Yeah and?"

"And Darth Lerntoplayy cut his head off after for no reason, man!"

"Dude.. screw that I'm calling in sick tomorrow or I might just go over to the republic"

Edited by Dartholga

*Sighs at yet another person misinterpreting the Jedi Code earlier in the thread.* Not gonna even bother this time...

Anyway, I believe BioWare made the Sith you PLAY AS (not the Sith of the Empire in general) have so many kill options as to make players more balanced. Being pure evil gets you nothing but a bunch of bodies.

So, take a few hits with Light Side options, it gives your character complexity and depth. Perfect for roleplay, so you aren't a complete psychopath, and can be merciful sometimes.

it's not that the sith are dumb, or the jedi for that matter. there seems to be confusion between intelligence and moral inclination. obviously makes no sense to sign up for a death wish, but that comes with the territory of evil. besides, arrogance being a key sith trait, what sith lord would assume their inevitable death on a quest for unlimited power? bad people are stupid, grrrr!

Actually sith aim to train an aprentise, and kill them after their purpose is finished. but somtimes the master gets killed first

Actually the Rule of Two is that the master is defeated by their apprentice, therefore ensuring that each new generation of Sith is as strong or stronger than the last.

Being Sith is all about maintaining focus - not the serene focus of the Jedi, but a constant, slow-burning anger that fuels you. You've got to have the strength to wrestle the Dark Side into obeying you.

If you find yourself continually killing people and racking up the Dark Side points, then perhaps it's because you're letting the Dark Side control you. And perhaps the other killcrazy, irrational Sith have already lost that fight.

This is the problem I have playing as the Sith Empire, theyre so laughably incompetent because of their irrational hatred for everything.

I mean if you look at the most evil regimes in human history you'd see that they didn't just go around killing puppies and stabbing babies, they conducted themselves diplomatically and forged alliances with other nations while supporting proxies in other regions in the world. The Sith however fail to expand their scope beyond conquering and destroying everything in the path even if the numbers go against them. And whenever it always inevitably comes back to bite them in the back when they almost get wiped out everytime....they never learn and repeat the same mistake.

I made a thread here complaining specifically about the pointless nature of the Imperial storyline on Taris in SWTOR. I think it summed it up perfectly since the Empire was only there to make sure the planet was properly destroyed.....thats right - waste a lot of men, money and resources making sure that the semi-destroyed Taris was fully destroyed, just because. I seriously wanted to endlessly slap every member of the Dark Council after playing through the whole planet.

TL;DR - Stop killing stuff to fuel your anger and conduct yourself diplomatically and you just MIGHT not go through endless cycles of getting wiped out by the Jedi throughout Star Wars history.

That's why Darth Bane is the coolest Sith around.

According to Mr. Dessel:

"Our mission is not to bring death to all those unfit to live. We answer to a greater calling (...) As servants of the Dark Side we revel in the vanquishing of our enemies. We draw power from their suffering, but we must balance this against greater gains. We must recognize that killing for sadistic pleasure - killing without reason, need or purpose - is the act of a fool."

Darth Bane

The majority of my choices are DS, but i choose LS sometimes too.

Some LS choices seems to be worse than DS IMO. Like you can kill the guy on the spot (DS) or send him to prison to be tortured (LS).. *** ?

Like the quest do find Jaesa's parents. The choice to KILL THEM is DS, the choice to send them to Dromund Kass to be endlessly tortured so we can make Jaesa suffer is LS. *** BIOWARE ?!

Edited by spne

That's why Darth Bane is the coolest Sith around.

According to Mr. Dessel:

"Our mission is not to bring death to all those unfit to live. We answer to a greater calling (...) As servants of the Dark Side we revel in the vanquishing of our enemies. We draw power from their suffering, but we must balance this against greater gains. We must recognize that killing for sadistic pleasure - killing without reason, need or purpose - is the act of a fool."

Darth Bane

The majority of my choices are DS, but i choose LS sometimes too.

Some LS choices seems to be worse than DS IMO. Like you can kill the guy on the spot (DS) or send him to prison to be tortured (LS).. *** ?

Like the quest do find Jaesa's parents. The choice to KILL THEM is DS, the choice to send them to Dromund Kass to be endlessly tortured so we can make Jaesa suffer is LS. *** BIOWARE ?!

Actually, you send them to Dromund Kass and make them filthy rich. Or at least I recollect that was an option. I chose to kill them.

But I agree with Bane's quote. Bioware could learn a thing or two from Bane about how to be a Sith...

Actually, you send them to Dromund Kass and make them filthy rich. Or at least I recollect that was an option. I chose to kill them.

But I agree with Bane's quote. Bioware could learn a thing or two from Bane about how to be a Sith...

Later when they arrive in Dromund Kass, Mr. Baras tells you that he is going to torture them. And you have other choices.

Balanced? The Emperor wipes out an entire planet, strings his people a long for about a century, and then up and leaves when the Empire needs him the most. I wouldn't call that balanced.

balanced in the sense of not mindlessly killing everything thats in their sight.

Besides the mindless killing of the sith in the last are is the reason the republic got its *** handed to it around this time.

Alot of what we see currently is the power gettign to the heads of some sith making them arrogant and having a sense of false invincibility.

Though In truth I will always see more potential in the sith code over the jedi code.

I'm sorry but they are.... the whole sith code and thier logic is just completely stupid.

"Oh hi, im going to learn from my master, then kill him, then train an apprentice then get killed by him"

"Im gonna kill and hurt everyone I see because numbers arnt important in a war, yet we seem to have such a bigger army than the republic out of nowhere".

"Im gonna save my wife by killing everyone I ever liked and then kill here... because that makes sense."

I dont get it, oh sure opposite of light side, but in a completely stupid manor.

1. doesnt happen as much, just the power hungry sith. Palpatine for example Killed his master for the power. Palps never intended to die, why Vader's suit is weak to lightning.

2. Sith kill the weak, Why have a Sith that keeps failing all the time around?

3. Palps tricked anakin into killing them, basically making him fall to the Darkside. I believe at some point Palpatine was going to Take over anakin's body.

Later when they arrive in Dromund Kass, Mr. Baras tells you that he is going to torture them. And you have other choices.

Yes, he tells you that, and you can choose to tell him to keep them alive, happy, and wealthy, and he sees the wisdom of that - what better than to flaunt the parents' support for the Empire in front of Jaesa?

Siths believe that if you have power, you don't really need allies.

Look at Palpatine. He defeated the whole jedi council with Vader.

Two against a lot of Jedi and they won.

Until Luke destroyed Vader and converted him which only proves that Siths are correct. One is enough to rule galaxies if you have enough power.

Yes, he tells you that, and you can choose to tell him to keep them alive, happy, and wealthy, and he sees the wisdom of that - what better than to flaunt the parents' support for the Empire in front of Jaesa?

That's true. Later on when you recruit Jaesa he says that they're in Dromund Kass flourishing.

Also Jaesa's father sends you mail about how he's enjoying Dromund Kass.

I hate it when evil is just being evil for the sake of being evil. You know, disney-evil.

Even "chaotic evil" in d&d was not this stupid.

I also hate the fact that in 3000 years, morals have barely evolved in the SW-universe.

Edited by Malchiro

"If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself … and weaken them. It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards… If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles." - Darth Treya

This quote convinced me... I'm actually a Sith! My girlfriend will be proud *Grins*

Edited by Phenomolee

When you reach a certain dark side rank in the game she then tells a DS exile to accept other peoples problems because they challenge you mentally and physically and while doing so it weakens the person who gave you the said problem. Plus she tells you to view everyone has tools to strengthen you and when you are done with them dispose of them and if you agree with her you get dark side points.

Actually, she says that after a certain point in game. Not a certain point of Dark Side / Light Side points.

Then you can agree for DS points or disagree for LS points and influence loss with her. Then again, no matter what you pick she isn't happy. She's never happy. :p

Yeah, i wonder why BW made Sith that way. I mean their lead writer is the guy who wrote Darth Bane.

But then: The Dark Brotherhood is formed because the Sith realized how flawedtheir system is and that they will never beat the Jedi if they keep infighting. Darth Bane then notices that the Brotherhood isnt the Sith Way either, because its too Jedi like. So he introduces the Rule of Two to solve the problems of infighting and being too Jedi like.

The Sith in the ToR area are just complete moronic, socopathic, humicidal, pychotic maniacs and you wonder how they manage to run an empire.

I am on Taris now, and i have problems to motivate me RP wise to play on as Imperial, and concidering rerolling Republic.

Your are on Taris, and the whole point of is, is to demolish it because you could. "Taris was destroyed by sith centuries ago, and now the Republic tries to rebuild it. We will demolish it again and keep it that way!" So why?

There is a line where they at least TRY to give reason: Taris rebuild would become a symbol of republic fortitude and a major military stagign point. This somewho made it kind of reasonable, but still...

As for beeing an imperial Agent at that time:

You'll work as double agent in the republic, and while beeing recruited you can say:"i have seen enough death. the empire brings and knows only death. im sick of it" (not cited exactly)

The time beeing i would be perfectly happy to defect :rolleyes: