Ilum World PvP 100v150 (client crash by most)

Holyhood

I am fortunate to be on a fairly balanced (but not really) PvP server - Crucible Pits. It is also high population due to two zerg guilds calling the server their home. That being said, as I am writing this, another guild is spawn camping our only graveyard on Ilum. Real classy bros.

Anyway, we tried to do some massive world pvp. You know, because the sheer size of Ilum makes one assume that there should be massive battles because the map is so expansive. Well, we tried this. The fps lag was so horrendous I, and everyone else was getting around 1 fps. Most of my ops group's client crashed.

So my question, no troll to BioWare is... If you made Ilum so massive, why can your client not handle it? You have already explained why the graphics are such low quality, so why can't this low texture engine be able to run with a couple hundred people in the same screen?

If your engine can not handle the amount of people (at which the size of Ilum assumes should cope with), then why not make the map smaller, and make it more like a Que system OR, cap the population.

I feel like you guys did Ilum very half baked and not fully thought out.

If there was no FPS lag, it would of been epic pvp. Pure epic. Probably one of the best I have ever experienced. But the lag was impossible to play with.

I would like an answer to this so issue.

Edit: A survey of those who actually crashed all have solid gaming computers. (ie. i5 or higher, gtx450+ and 8gb+ ram)

Edited by Zoggel
Removed Call-out

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also empire on The Crucible Pits.

made a post complaining about this yesterday.

Don't make a world pvp objective if your game cant handle 100 vs. 100 battles.

Yesterday would have been extremely fun if everyone wasnt moving at 2-5 fps. then getting spawn camped (which is fixed in 1.1)

+1

Just a spur of the moment 20v15 or so happened on my server. It was completely unplayable. Kind of ridiculous the zone can barely support any type of actual population. Even flying on the speeder was lag-tastic.

And I have an i5 2500k & 6870. I even have shadows turned off to prevent any issues whatsoever. It's 100% the client. Every single person was experiencing it.

Edited by Reenolols

Have the same problem on my computer, fps drops into single digits. With a 2600k oc'd to 4.6ghz and gtx 570, the frames are unplayable when theres more then 15 fighting on ilum at the same time.

People seem to not understand this little thing.

I have an i7, 480GTX 1.5GB card, and 12GB of RAM. I crashed 3 times on low settings.

It is THE CLIENT. Not us.

You're obviously part of that 5%.

Bioware can mask it as much as they want but if you've played other MMOs you can tell this game has optimization issues, still. In fact, I ran this game better in beta that I do now.

qft

. . .

This is really ridiculous indeed. It's sad that very old games could handle huge battles of hundreds against hundreds in sandbox settings, yet in a themepark setting, in a new game, it has a hard time handling 50 vs 50... World PvP is what makes end-game pvp Epic, remember that Bioware.

Looks like WAR developers just can't change :p

Let's see how was it there...

People reached lvl 40, locked zones, tried to take fortresses. Client could not handle it, server crashed, zone crashed..

Solutions came..

We improved the client now it should handle large battles--> server zone still crashed

We limit the number of people can enter to fortess area--> did not work

We have no clue how to fix it so we removed all the fortess zones from the "reach capital city mechanic" :p

Expecting Ilum zone removed from the game in 5 months :p

Edited by Guinden

Looks like WAR developers just can't change :p

Let's see how was it there...

People reached lvl 40, locked zones, tried to take fortresses. Client could not handle it, server crashed, zone crashed..

Solutions came..

We improved the client now it should handle large battles--> server zone still crashed

We limit the number of people can enter to fortess area--> did not work

We have no clue how to fix it so we removed all the fortess zones from the "reach capital city mechanic" :p

Expecting Ilum zone removed from the game in 5 months :p

Oh man, those fortress battles were so choppy, lol. Totally ruined the game for me. Such a shame, too. I loved the whole concept of having a wall of shield tanks blocking the steps with lots of backline support raining down death. Too bad the client just couldn't handle it.