Hardly an MMO

xMKNx

really small servers; really small planets with really small channel sizes, give or take 60 people per channel give or take not including imperial fleet which has less then 500 people if not more in it which probably consists of half the server regardless. I see the same people everyday all the time. Not a problem, jus not an MMO

For the amount of money put into this game they really focused on keeping all of us seperated as much as possible in game. I cant even get to a buddy on another planet in a decent amount of time cuz of the ridiculous amounts of loading screens ship docks/airlocks/shuttlebays needed to jus get to him.

sorry to say, but thats not really fixable whatsoever, and well as it pains me to say this cuz i really do like this game but, BIOWARE should never make an MMO again, the core blueprint of the game is pretty much broken.

thats my rant, ill end this with a "GW2 will fix this" and "i never once played WoW"

Proud non-wow player

troll away

Either you are lying, or Georg Zoeller is lying. Because he assured us that each instance on every planet would be able to handle hundreds of players before it splits. Of course I've never seen the population of a zone reach 200 before it split... but Georg assured us that the zones in fact can handle hundreds of people before they split.

Either you are lying, or Georg Zoeller is lying. Because he assured us that each instance on every planet would be able to handle hundreds of players before it splits. Of course I've never seen the population of a zone reach 200 before it split... but Georg assured us that the zones in fact can handle hundreds of people before they split.

Play an Imperial, it's like 200+ on each planet, while on Republic it's 30+ with 100+ on fleet lol.

Play an Imperial, it's like 200+ on each planet, while on Republic it's 30+ with 100+ on fleet lol.

I play imperial and maximum on my server (starstorm one, which is "very heavy-full" ) is 150-200 and that is on imperial fleet.

Except the starting area no planet exceeds the 30 people mark.

For the amount of money put into this game they really focused on keeping all of us seperated as much as possible in game. I cant even get to a buddy on another planet in a decent amount of time cuz of the ridiculous amounts of loading screens ship docks/airlocks/shuttlebays needed to jus get to him.

In reality... probably would take you the same amount of time to get to him even if you traveled by hover-bike... so I'll take the loading screens over pressing auto-run for 5 minutes and hoping I don't hit a wall.

really small servers; really small planets with really small channel sizes, give or take 60 people per channel give or take not including imperial fleet which has less then 500 people if not more in it which probably consists of half the server regardless. I see the same people everyday all the time. Not a problem, jus not an MMO

sorry to say, but thats not really fixable whatsoever, and well as it pains me to say this cuz i really do like this game but, BIOWARE should never make an MMO again, the core blueprint of the game is pretty much broken.

thats my rant, ill end this with a "GW2 will fix this" and "i never once played WoW"

Proud non-wow player

troll away

sorry the game sucked for you.....now learn where to post

That depends on server. On my server you won't find 200 people even in the low level zones. Too many servers for a game this new, that's the problem. Thanks to all the whiners who cried about queue times at launch day.

There are a few high populated servers but for every high pop server there's 10 light or standard ones, some practically dead already.

Every new MMO makes this same mistake. When will they ever learn? I just hope Bioware/EA isn't such a ***** that they'll refuse to merge servers because of supposedly bad PR.

Yeah I also find this depressing I liked it when it didnt tell me how many people were in my current zone. Such as in WoW Ogrimmar or Stormwind. But in SWTOR to think that 150 - 250 people are in your main city makes the game feel lonely which is an awful feeling. I never felt lonely when i was on Stormscale reading the trade chat

He probably meant both sides combined equal over a few hundred. To be honest, Carriack station looks empty compared to the bustling city center that is the imperial one. Makes me kind-of sad.

At least in our little PvP world event, the sith maxed out the instance so no one else could enter at around 110 or so, same with republic side (though that included the PvEr's). Though really, that's alderaan and is graphically intensive. I've noticed that tatoonie could have more than 110, though I'm not sure what the max is.

That depends on server. On my server you won't find 200 people even in the low level zones. Too many servers for a game this new, that's the problem. Thanks to all the whiners who cried about queue times at launch day.

There are a few high populated servers but for every high pop server there's 10 light or standard ones, some practically dead already.

Every new MMO makes this same mistake. When will they ever learn? I just hope Bioware/EA isn't such a ***** that they'll refuse to merge servers because of supposedly bad PR.

and... not everyone and their mothers going imperial might have something to do with that? :rolleyes:

That's another big glaring issue that will continue to haunt this community to no end.

Edited by Andrew_Waltfeld

guys, I'm sorry this thread is not though out, the game has not even been out 1 month, they have over a 1 million player base already, as a republic no i don't see 100+ people in zones, but that's because sith are also taken into account before a zone splits. As for the Republic fleet i see about 75-100 all the time but i see new people every day. as a 50 i que up for WZ's and see new people all the time, i see plenty of MMO influence. Remeber guys this game is brand new, don't expect a Huge Player base immediately. Give the game time, stop complaining and let the devs work on it. I know you said you didn't play wow, but for all the people complaining about bugs and lack of players, i played WoW in Beta and at launch, want to talk about buggy? wow was significantly worse, and there were far fewer players, you were lucky to see 15 players in Ironforge the first 2 months and maybe 10 in the other major cities, just give it time guys...

and... not everyone and their mothers going imperial might have something to do with that? :rolleyes:

But I play imperial. My server is pretty dead even on the imperial side (Coluud Corridor EU). I can only imagine what it's like on the republic side on my server.

This isn't about faction imbalance, it's about server imbalance, or rather the abundance of them. It seems only the early game access servers are high pop, due to obvious reasons. I love the game and I'd love to play but I find myself logging off pretty fast because it feels like a single player game on my server atm.

im not going to give it time when I can just open up WoW and go on my packed pvp realm

and if i wanted to could go wreck kids on my Rogue without lagging everywhere

then go play wow... you don't need to be hear if your going to just complain about it... I would enjoy less 12 year olds in this game, feel free to go back to wow, i encourage it :)

then go play wow... you don't need to be hear if your going to just complain about it... I would enjoy less 12 year olds in this game, feel free to go back to wow, i encourage it :)

From what I see here a huge amount of players are complaining and all have a damn good reason. Urges of going back to WoW to become a Pokepet master are strong though!

People truly forget what an MMO is. One of those M's stands for something grand.. Oh, Massive, thats the one. Whats MASSIVE about this game? Nothing. 8v8 in warzone? How about the 30v30 fights on ilum that lag or crash the zone? I want HUNDREDS of people fighting at once, immersion in world pvp. Not finding 1 person here and ganking him with 30 guildies. I knew the second they said instanced off zones it would result in this garbage...

People truly forget what an MMO is. One of those M's stands for something grand.. Oh, Massive, thats the one. Whats MASSIVE about this game? Nothing. 8v8 in warzone? How about the 30v30 fights on ilum that lag or crash the zone? I want HUNDREDS of people fighting at once, immersion in world pvp. Not finding 1 person here and ganking him with 30 guildies. I knew the second they said instanced off zones it would result in this garbage...

And yet you still cry and throw your tissy fits about it then actually trying build solid suggestions that could encourage positive changes in the future.

probably a double post but whatever,

im on one of the most populated servers on the east NA scene

Prophecy of 5, we are very sith heavy and STILL theres not more then 100 people in any zone on any planet at a time.

This means, the servers themselves are TINY AS %#$@, for the millions of players playing this game, we are all VERY spread out across a very thin board.

And yet you still cry and throw your tissy fits about it then actually trying build solid suggestions that could encourage positive changes in the future.

***?

we should make suggestions to those who are actually being payed to do it?

next time they should employ someone who actually knows how and what.

tbh.

at this point it's easier to make another game then fix it the way we want.

failed even beofre it rolled.

***?

at this point it's easier to make another game then fix it the way we want.

Just clipped this part of your statement. Reason being is that you nailed it right here. This is the problem at hand. "fix it the way we want.". There are far to many "we's" in this game to appease them all. No matter the production company and no matter the game, some of those "we's" will never be satisfied. BW is now being caught in the middle of this battle among the players. That being needing to deal with queue times at the launch and what some are saying now that they are being spread to thin.

Where is that line drawn in order to fix the issues the minority, but vocal, player base wants it? Where is that line drawn to keep a healthy number of subscriptions while running it the way the share holders want to see it? Where is that line drawn to keep the majority happy?

As you can see, "we" is far to wide of a statement.