24/15/2 Iron fist build

Rabbitofdoom

15.01 Build updated to include retractable blade for cap prevention.

16.01 Build updated to include combust for additional utility.

18.01 Build updated 1 pt moved from shield vents in to hot iron.

After experimenting a bit with my previous build decided to make some changes considering how mitigation currently works.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GRGobMboMZrcrroZb.1

One point in shield vents can be moved to oil slick for a bit more defence vs meele or in to hot iron to get a little more dps. Against ranged considering all the slows and knockbacks i found out that you have higer win rates when using that gcd to dump some extra dps on target.

Points in hot iron can be also moved to jet speed. Had them there for a while but found out that considering amount of cc and that usualy first reaction after charge is a hard counter either root or stun its very offen wasted. Would prefer this talent to be changed to 100% chance to remove roots/slows when using rocket charge.

Why not rebraced armor. Becuase it is providing only a 3% armor related mitigation increase.

Why kolto overload. Previous incarnation had no points in it and i have noticed a supprising drop in my staying time without it. The reason behind it is not extra absorb but that it is sharing cd time with shield. Both skills can be bound to a single mouse macro along with defensive relic if you have one. Its like press a button and for 10s you get 120hp/s in my current gear with 25% extra flat mitigation. In a fight vs sin that deals mostly kinetic/enegy. If he does lets say 1000dps burst. You are cuting about 75%. Reducing incoming dps to 250 - 120 hp/s. 130 incoming dps for 10s. :D

Skiped both supercharged gas and prototype cylinders due to pathetic damage it does.

Edited by Rabbitofdoom

I use a build that's VERY similar to this... I don't have the 2 points in Hitman, and took Jet Speed, (because I play Huttball a lot and leap places and run) and have another couple of points changed up, mostly to give me retractable blade... RB OWNS because of the damage plus an additional dot... and you know we love dots for more than one reason. ;)

It gives you decent defense, a lot of utility, a "1-2 punch" (retractable blade and rocket punch) and speed...

I'd try it with Retractable Blade added if I were you.

Z

I tried it but decided to prioritize direct damage over dots and reduce staying time under 4m to min. Hitman is actualy main reason i went for ST/AP hybrid build for first time. Those 2s are making a big diference vs almost any caster class. Soo far the class giving me most trubles are snipers/gunslingers due to cover/entrench making most of my cc useless thankfully their mobility is very low. Pure healers can out last me till i run out of heat but usualy the fight is decided by that time. Marauders and dps sins are usualy a very close fights decided most offen by cds and crits. Operatives/scoundrels are purely based on my cc breaker cd. Edited by Rabbitofdoom

How is DPS? Can you get 75k dmg pretty easily in warfronts?

If my level 20 powertech with 10 points in Adv Prototype can score 130k ish damage in a warfront without even really trying, and also gaining the 2 easy protect medals using guard..

Honestly, not to be rude, but unless you like zergrush in huttball, not getting the 75k medal shouldnt even be a possibility, you're doing something wrong in that case.

If my level 20 powertech with 10 points in Adv Prototype can score 130k ish damage in a warfront without even really trying, and also gaining the 2 easy protect medals using guard..

Honestly, not to be rude, but unless you like zergrush in huttball, not getting the 75k medal shouldnt even be a possibility, you're doing something wrong in that case.

I don't think you're rude. Haven't tried the build out and was curious about the dee pees bro. Thanks for the heads up.

With this build or any build? Tell me your secrets!

I have no idea if that spec can do it... any pyro spec, or even CP spec with dps gear can reach 75k medal in 2minutes probably even less tough.

Edited by atreyuz

I'd take the 2 points out of Iron Fist and put it in Flame barrage. It will save energy, and up your damage output overall.

EDIT: Makes RP have no cost with FB sometimes. FB does elemental, which will do good damage in PvP. Will basically cover it's own cost sometimes. The 8% on RP is good, but using FB would put more damage into it.

Edited by Athilias

Yes heat managment is better but its geting much harder to get demolisher medal. Might swap those points once random gods finaly grant me rest of my champ gear or i will hit 60 valor and medals wont be priority anymore.

A small word about pve. Soo far i have tanked in this spec directive 7, battle for illum and false emperor normal in my pvp gear. Once i can be bothered to do enough dailies and make a pve set + implants,link etc ill try to do some HM.

Edited by Rabbitofdoom

Yes heat managment is better but its geting much harder to get demolisher medal. Might swap those points once random gods finaly grant me rest of my champ gear or i will hit 60 valor and medals wont be priority anymore.

A small word about pve. Soo far i have tanked in this spec directive 7, battle for illum and false emperor normal in my pvp gear. Once i can be bothered to do enough dailies and make a pve set + implants,link etc ill try to do some HM.

I'm assuming demolisher is 2k crit or something? I don't know the medals by name.

Two of three warzones are about capping, you can't cap with a dot on. Rectractable Blade puts a very annoying 15 sec duration dot on, and is spammable. Even if it's you vs 3-4 others you should be able to nail everyone with it before you go down. A decent ability that is worth 1 point.

Glad to see someone finally post a build with 2/2 hitman. It shuts down healers making it a must for any serious pvper. And owns people in general who rely on channeled abilities.

Two of three warzones are about capping, you can't cap with a dot on. Rectractable Blade puts a very annoying 15 sec duration dot on, and is spammable. Even if it's you vs 3-4 others you should be able to nail everyone with it before you go down. A decent ability that is worth 1 point.

Glad to see someone finally post a build with 2/2 hitman. It shuts down healers making it a must for any serious pvper. And owns people in general who rely on channeled abilities.

I've been a vocal person about both Hitman and dot mechanics :(

How do you play this build this build compared to the ST/Pyro build.

It looks like about the same defense wise. But what's the Dps like? It looks like the build focuses on getting RP refreshed as much as possible and criting as much as possible. Also throwing RB on people for extra dmg.

Is this close to the Dps ST/Pyro gets from spamming free railshots?

It looks like a nice build just curious what's the pro/cons over the standard ST/Pyro build

Its more a shutdown build than dps build. Dps is lower than in pyro but the mobility and cc potential is insane due to all cd reduction. It reqires a lot of situational awarness. For example when i see someone fighting 1v2 i drop a taunt dart + explo dart, then grapple second guy and lock him down. Same whith finishing runners if i land a crit my rocket charge can get up to 1k, immobilize is granting me another 1k+ hit from rocket punch followed by another 1k+ rail shot.

Flame sweep combined with carbonize does wonders vs clusters.

Ill try to make a vid once i get my full champ.

Edited by Rabbitofdoom

Like I said my build is almost identical, and so often I stop/root a runner, grapple a carrier, dot people trying to cap, and although I may not get the score or the kill, I come away knowing "I helped make that happen"...

Z

Why not rebraced armor. Becuase it is providing only a 3% armor related mitigation increase.

I'm not really sure how much of the damage we can expect to take is internal or elemental, but 6 % damage decrease on energy and kinetic should outdo the flat 2 % damage reduction from Power Armor shouldn't it?

Its not 6% its 3% total increase in reduction.

After some testing i withdraw my earlier objection (all though i must point out that my armor rating didn't increase by 16 %, more like 10,5. And I have no idea why).

Edited by Lachbe

What if you moved points around to yo something like this http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301uRGbbRboMZrsbroZb.1 . The few many points I moved around were 1 point into Supercharged Ion gas For the 25% extra dmg from it. Combust was kind of a personal pref and really could be put somewhere else but 2% less dmg is more mitigation. Then 1 point to prototype cylinders for 8% ion gas dmg added with the 25% thats 33% more damage from it.

Now that I look at it that 1 point in combust saves you a point from speccing into Ion screen so you could move that point somewhere else.