You're not in yet? Things you should know!

Dawning_Enmity

You have to realize also that jsut because people get an invite this morning, it doesn't meant that they can log on as soon as they get it...some will be at work and log on later in the day or evening. So, BW is probably monitoring the servers all day and watching traffic. Just because you can get in this morning doesn't mean everyone can!

By all accounts starter areas were ghost towns across the board last night with only 1 instance. There was plenty of room from ~8pm on ...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldbewan

Saying "you're wrong because I disagree with you" doesn't make you right. Nor does it mean I will stop discussing my opinions because you shout louder or say something one time more than I do.

No one said that bro, You are more then welcome to Nerd Rage and/or disagree on this thread. And if there is anything we can do to sooth that ache you have, let us know!!!

Thank you for clarifying, your perception, patience and helpfulness toward your fellow gamers is admirable and noted.

A point I should like to add. Both EA and Bioware have extensive experience with single/multiplayer game releases but correct me if I'm wrong this is the first MMO either company is developing/publishing.

I would ask that people not simply assume this is a fanboy post, quite the opposite in fact. I am praying that my laptop will run the program and hoping to get into early access soon enough to cancel my pre-order if it turns out I cannot use the product.

I am just stating that no promises made by developers have been broken .... yet ... The one thing I would say they were clever about was their use of 'may' and 'up to'.

Whether you got in the first day of early access or get in on Sunday afternoon there will be some ahead of you and some behind you in progress through the game, accept that now ____ it will save you lots of antacid.

A point I should like to add. Both EA and Bioware have extensive experience with single/multiplayer game releases but correct me if I'm wrong this is the first MMO either company is developing/publishing.

I would ask that people not simply assume this is a fanboy post, quite the opposite in fact. I am praying that my laptop will run the program and hoping to get into early access soon enough to cancel my pre-order if it turns out I cannot use the product.

I am just stating that no promises made by developers have been broken .... yet ... The one thing I would say they were clever about was their use of 'may' and 'up to'.

Whether you got in the first day of early access or get in on Sunday afternoon there will be some ahead of you and some behind you in progress through the game, accept that now ____ it will save you lots of antacid.

Its the first MMO by Bioware, but EA have published several already - Warhammer Online for example.

Whats a fanboy?

As in one of those Star wars creeps?

Lol To re-assure you I'm not a huge fan of Star wars, its cool and all but I couldn't tell you any history or the main characters.

I was actually not interested in SWTOR, because of the Graphics, but a friend told me a few things, I started researching and decided to give it a try because of 2 things.

Ranged Tanking

Craft while adventuring.

Those 2 points made me preorder (early dec).

I would like to take this time to explain to majority of the community a few things.

I've seen alot of crazy post about how there should be more communication, and about getting in. With all the frustration going on I'd like to take the time to explain how and what they are doing from a different perspective...

1st, Security.

Alot of information about what they are doing, i.e., the # of invites they are sending out ect, does need to be somewhat secret to protect them from the evil hackers of blizzard. With exact #'s ect, its really really easy to start collecting information on SWTOR that could lead to various types of attack. I.e. Packet sniffing traffic from there E-mail servers. If I'm sniffing and catch 20K e-mails, and I know their waves are in 20K, then I've just gained a vitial piece of information about thier network (i.e. 1 central location for SMTP services, ect.) This is just a small portion, to learn more go take a security + course.

2nd, Stocks, CEO's, and business ect.

They need to think of what they are doing from a buisness standpoint as well. If they say they have 1.2 mil preorders ect. I'm sure the exact number is confidential from the corporation standpoint and if one forum moderator gave out too much information, he would get attacked from 3 different departments :D

3rd. Waves of invites.

What SWTOR is doing here is actually pretty clever and you guys should support them on this! How many MMO's have you started on early release and couldn't even find a lvl 1 critter to kill because of the amount of people fighting for lvl 2! Be thankful because I promise you that if everyone was allowed in at once you would only be lvl 5 by the end of the night :D

4th Server is FULL!

Stop stressing. I'm sure it wont be full when you need to join. Example: If 20K is starting on day 1, the server cap is 1000 each (to get a good spread) day 2 100K is joining, they raise each server's cap to adjust to keep the spread of daily joiners even.

In closing, I've never seen such care and planning on a release. All of whats happening that is upsetting alot of you just re-enforces how amazing this mmo is going to be compared to those of the past!

See you guys in game!

/agreed +1

Good post

Let me in, I will fight for that 1 rat to kill. Waiting in server que would be better than this, What will happen on launch day? or after a major patch? I don't buy it. Open this crap up already.

The people that pre ordered in november and december are probably going to get in this weeked. People really need to chill out! Sure it's a hard wait but in the end it's gonna be soooo worth it. And on game release we will all be over at least lvl 10 so the noobs can go around questing and leveling alone while we are doing higher lvl quests.

I just want to lay out a few things, for myself as much as anyone else...

1. When you preorder a game, in almost every instance, you are charged a fee to ensure you get a copy.

2. Early Access is a bonus. It's a thank-you; for preordering a product created by a company. "Thanks for being our consumer."

3. Getting your robes in a twist over not getting your bonus as soon as other people is, let's face it, toddler's play.

4. Holy crap! We will definitely be playing before the game is even released to the public.

--- --- ---

I know the above don't seem related, but let's get some perspective. We will get in early. And, We, like everyone else have paid for copies, and we get in first.

Sweet, right?!

I just want to lay out a few things, for myself as much as anyone else...

1. When you preorder a game, in almost every instance, you are charged a fee to ensure you get a copy.

2. Early Access is a bonus. It's a thank-you; for preordering a product created by a company. "Thanks for being our consumer."

3. Getting your robes in a twist over not getting your bonus as soon as other people is, let's face it, toddler's play.

4. Holy crap! We will definitely be playing before the game is even released to the public.

--- --- ---

I know the above don't seem related, but let's get some perspective. We will get in early. And, We, like everyone else have paid for copies, and we get in first.

Sweet, right?!

Several handfulls of +1's for you, sir.

However. The people who complain the most (and articulate their complaining in a meaningful way) seem to get bothered with "they are ahead of me, and now we can't play together" & "The guild will be way too spread out" etc...

It's worth noting that these players should expect their guildmates to reach level 50, at about the same rate as box-buyers who start their chars on the 20th.

To reiterate the quoted poster's point - the fee for preordering is to make sure you get yours. The game.

Early access is a bonus, and people still complain?

"They've been saying for months that preorders get in 5 days early!"

It's still a bonus. The preorder fee has nothing to do with that.

Oh, and they said up to, so don't complain until it's the 20th and you haven't yet gotten your invite.

4th Server is FULL!

Stop stressing. I'm sure it wont be full when you need to join. Example: If 20K is starting on day 1, the server cap is 1000 each (to get a good spread) day 2 100K is joining, they raise each server's cap to adjust to keep the spread of daily joiners even.[/i]

And you say this based on......????

this is nothing more than a marketing scheme. you are being punished for being smart and waiting until you had hands on in the open beta. in todays mmo market you would of been an idiot to order before then. i believe this scheme was to generate box sales because bioware is hiding something. end game is horrible maybe, hince the legacy system, "just roll another toon"

this is nothing more than a marketing scheme. you are being punished for being smart and waiting until you had hands on in the open beta. in todays mmo market you would of been an idiot to order before then. i believe this scheme was to generate box sales because bioware is hiding something. end game is horrible maybe, hince the legacy system, "just roll another toon"

+1

Pre-ordering before even testing beta is stupid.

yes bioware deserves props for what they are doing. too many short sighted people and their rages are getting a bit absurd.

next week this will be history.

Bioware deserves props for the marketing scheme and thats about it. I think most people are disappointed not in the idea of what they are doing but the execution of the idea.

Congratulations a MMO has just introduced a class system into online gaming.

The ones who happened to have money to give away in the midst of this economic turmoil we call real life - will now be superior to you also ingame.

We are talking online gaming where many of us go to get away from things that exist in the real world. Congratulations bioware you have found a way to push disparity into online gaming.

The ones who happened to have money to give away in the midst of this economic turmoil we call real life - will now be superior to you also ingame.

We are talking online gaming where many of us go to get away from things that exist in the real world. Congratulations bioware you have found a way to push disparity into online gaming.

so we are no longer in an economic turmoil? good to know.

edit. you seem to be implying that you didnt have the money back when preorders were first available. what about people who still dont have money to buy the game. should bioware wait until everyone who wants to buy the game has the money to do so?

Edited by JogelBolla

Actually its the opposite. Rethink your idea please.

1st, it does not cost extra in any shape or form to pre-order. The collectors editions is only items that are just that.. collectors, and will no improve your gaming at all.

Seriously, what are you talking about?

You cant pay money to get on right now.

2nd, even if you start a month before everyone it in no way implies that you are stronger or better then a player who starts a month after you. You wont even see them in game except common areas.

To add to that, the 1st player to reach level 50 is... Bored. He is not stronger, he is not better he is only bored and waiting for others to catch up to start a group to start endgame.

Now lets talk about your theory. Its actually those who are unemployed who have an advantage over those who are. They can sit down and play 20 hours a session. Those who have a job might be able to get in 4-6.

Seriously, You are either raging and lost all common sense, Trolling, or have a very low IQ.

Please, be Elite, if you disagree with the pre launch, at least have some sort of valid reason for being upset rather making up nonsense.

2nd, even if you start a month before everyone it in no way implies that you are stronger or better then a player who starts a month after you. You wont even see them in game except common areas.

I take it you play on a PvE server?

so we are no longer in an economic turmoil? good to know.

edit. you seem to be implying that you didnt have the money back when preorders were first available. what about people who still dont have money to buy the game. should bioware wait until everyone who wants to buy the game has the money to do so?

Well I am just stating the fact that economic disparity from the real world has now trickled into this game based on this staggered approach.

I do not make as much money as a few of my friends who play this game. They were able to purchase the game way before me. Where as I was unable to throw away money on a game that would not release for six months due to my economic situation.

That being said - these friends from real life are now playing two days before I will be able to play.

They will already have leveled and obtained gear. They will be giving me hand-me-downs and carrying me through missions probably - out of empathy for the most part.

The same as it would be in real life - when they are handing down clothes or perhaps taking you out to a nice restaurant.

For the most part however they will be too high of a level for me to group and play with - also as in real-life since I can not afford to do many of the things they enjoy on a regular basis.

Economic disparity.

Just wanted to say thank you for posting that link. Very interesting and informative, and indeed the Forums right now pretty much are QED.

It's always good when someone can quantify in good terms something that you felt was true, but did not have the correct words for.

Regards

Wolf

1st, Security.

Alot of information about what they are doing, i.e., the # of invites they are sending out ect, does need to be somewhat secret to protect them from the evil hackers of blizzard. With exact #'s ect, its really really easy to start collecting information on SWTOR that could lead to various types of attack. I.e. Packet sniffing traffic from there E-mail servers. If I'm sniffing and catch 20K e-mails, and I know their waves are in 20K, then I've just gained a vitial piece of information about thier network (i.e. 1 central location for SMTP services, ect.) This is just a small portion, to learn more go take a security + course.

I stopped reading after this. Seriously, friend, put down the Exam Cram books. You're not making any sense. If you took a Security+ course, ask for your money back. It didn't help you.

If you were evil you should focus on the authentication systems, the back end instance databases, or the customer PCI/PII database. Or stay at home and crack the game client's communication protocol and analyze the game data in-flight. Maybe drop a man-in-the-middle attack onto some unsuspecting player. Or go to BW/EA with social engineering with an APT, if you're feeling particularly saucy.

Check back in with us and let us know how you fare!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.