Hutt Ball Bug -> Exploit?

MGoetter

I joined a huttball game, and the score was 5-0, my team was spawn trapped (full team of pre 50s except me) at the goal, the other team was sitting at the goal line throwing the ball to people that spawned, purposely throwing interceptions and when some one on my team caught the ball they got insta-killed, they were doing it back to back, after the interception the ball returned to the thrower and they just kept spamming throw..

i died once to it, stood still, waited for them to try to pass it to me, moved and it became a neutral ball, they had to run back to the middle and grab the ball, then they just stopped throwing to me and the rest of my team just keep getting spawn killed

Edited by MGoetter

I'm not sure if it's a exploit but it does happen. That one is the easiest one to avoid....just don't stay up top. I know it sucks to get farmed.

Theres a second one I find much more exploit-like that works on the same principal. This can be done by BH's and SI where they will pull a ball runner up to the platform and kill them instantly thus preventing a score.

Only happen to me once 2nd time they tried (like i said) i waited for a pass, moved and the pass failed... ball reset the ball to middle

but to me it seems like a bug/exploit the rest of my team just got farmed like crazy, throwing the ball into the opponents goal shouldn't give them the ball back

as for the video, its a small version of what was happening in the game i got dumped into, their whole team was sitting at the goal chain passing into the ledge

It's not an exploit or a bug. It's a way of making sure people don't break the map by taking the ball into places or going into places they shouldn't be. The solution? KABLOOEY. That's why you hear complaints all the time of people getting pulled into the enemy spawn and instantly dying. Well, what do you expect?

Your team you got stuck with was just paying the price for being exceptionally mediocre. If you don't like it, drop down.

Edited by Knifewrench

I'm not sure if it's a exploit but it does happen. That one is the easiest one to avoid....just don't stay up top. I know it sucks to get farmed.

Theres a second one I find much more exploit-like that works on the same principal. This can be done by BH's and SI where they will pull a ball runner up to the platform and kill them instantly thus preventing a score.

It sounds like they were intentionally farming, not getting farmed.

Haha this is awesome and I would have loved to have been there to see it.

The only thing that was being exploited was your pride, nothing more than this. I cant tell you how many times as a Jedi Sage (100% healer) we've pushed the sith back to the last spawn on Voidstar and farmed them dropping down waiting till the last 60 seconds to open the last door. I can also tell you we've been farmed pretty bad in a respectable premade group that just couldn't catch a break. Pvp will never be 50/50 - you're going to have some completely unbalanced matches, and in no way can you say this happens all of the time.

If you're in a pug going against a premade (50s or not), you're team is going to be so horrid sometimes that you get farmed, it happens. Even in a decent premade, you run the risk of getting farmed by two above avg premades that are grouped together.

Quit QQing over getting rolled in one match that you weren't even there to help with from the start.

It's not an exploit or a bug. It's a way of making sure people don't break the map by taking the ball into places or going into places they shouldn't be. The solution? KABLOOEY. That's why you hear complaints all the time of people getting pulled into the enemy spawn and instantly dying. Well, what do you expect?

Your team you got stuck with was just paying the price for being exceptionally mediocre. If you don't like it, drop down.

are you monumentally dumb? watch the video, they were unable to get down

In the context of this use its exploitive behaviour, to argue otherwise is a testament to your stupidity