Dark I, Dark II, etc.

Sophikos

Judging by what you have said, you're not Dark II. If you were, then none of what you said would be true.

Look at your Dark Side points, now look at your Light Side points. Subtract the smaller number from the larger, and that's your alignment. So if you have 1500 Light Side and 3000 Dark Side, you would actually have an alignment of 1500 Dark. Judging by what you posted, it seems you're looking at the numbers a bit wrong.

You really do not need to do the subtraction thing, the alignment already does this. What is your alignment value? Also realize this can change, perhaps you were Dark II barely and got some lightside points, you will drop down to Dark I based on your alignment not your dark side points.

Actually, my Alignment is -5650, I'm Dark III...yet I cannot equip many things that say "Dark I or above" ... is this some sort of glitch?

Do you have any Light side points as if you've made both Dark and Light choices you will need to sum the two values. Even though there is an indicator that says specifically what you are. I have no issues wearing "Dark I or above" items and I am Dark II.

Are you sure the statement isn't "forbidden to Dark I and above"? The word "forbidden" would indicate that it is, in fact, a light sided item. The darkside items will say "forbidden to Light I and above." Other items might say 'requires Dark IV' - check the forbidden vs requires words. If you are indeed Dark 3, and trying to use an item that either 'requires Dark III' or is "forbidden to Light I and above," then this is probably an error and needs a ticket, but my suspicion is that it's working as intended and there is some confusion as to the 'requirment' of the item in question.