The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech Or Vanguard

Fenixas

Hello there

Have one annoying question

PT or vanguard, witch is better, i tried both, seems like vanguard has some broken skills.

Story line, well i like Bh attitude, but empire overall... sometimes i rly wish to punch some q givers in the face for being ******es. vanguard on other hand is real hero... well hes crew is like bunch of nerds, all so boy and girl scouts. And all that elite blah blah blah.

So please share your thoughts, on this matter, PT vanguard gameplay and story.

Other than story the only real difference between the two is the animations and personally I think Death from Above is a lot cooler than Mortar Volley.

So the only real question is which story/faction do you prefer?

Other than story the only real difference between the two is the animations and personally I think Death from Above is a lot cooler than Mortar Volley.

So the only real question is which story/faction do you prefer?

Pretty much this if there are any real differences between the two classes they will get addressed as they are mirrors, so it comes down to do you want to be republic or empire.

Also I admit it's sad my first republic toon is also a trooper...

Commando coming over to the dark side...

My BH is just about ready to leave Hutta. Just got Mako, and wow! Playstyle feels more mobile than my Trooper at sub-10 levels. Thinking of going PowerTech.

Hopefully the weekend will bring me lots of playtime!

There is no difference. You might perceive a difference because: 1. Basic Trooper/BH does not rely on casts as opposed to a Commando. 2. Aesthetically speaking, BH are more compact in terms of gear pistols give a more mobile feeling than larger guns, and for the most part weapon animation come pointing our hand forward (gauntlet or gun) as opposed to firing from the hip.

I would say your experience as a Trooper makes leveling a BH smoother. If you made another trooper and went vanguard it would be just as mobile.

Normally I balance thematic preference with more practical considerations to make my choices.

In swtor the thematic differences are so strong that I chose the BH and I would still choose the BH even if the animation and resource advantages were in the Trooper's Favour.

While thematic preference is highly subjective it feels like far more effort went into the BH as a whole. (and indeed Empire as a whole seems to have far better animations and style across the classes)

That aside I prefer the BH

Armor in general looks better in variety and detail due to its mismatch/mechanical art style.

Death From Above is much more visually gratifying than Vollley.

Wrist abilities and animations are rather slick and reminiscent of the Predator franchise.

Rocket Punch - Feaking Shouryuken man. The Trooper taps an enemy with his rifle butt. The BH's rocket pack fires and blasts him into the air with a righteous fist obliterating the opponent for great justice. Im level 38 and this move is not even close to getting old.

Jet Charge - Again rocket pack fires and blasts you forward in a nice animation.

All the little quirks and idiosyncrasies of the class. Extending your left arm out and shooting a grapple hook onto an enemy, then pulling your arm back bringing them with it into a Shouryuken in the chops finished off with a rail gun blast to the face just goes together so well.

The Republic has been so shafted in art and animation across every class im interested in its a great shame.

I played a vanguard till lvl34 and rerolled PT, wich is 17 now and i have to add another point:

I think most of the PT-skills give better feedback to me, which i personally find very important since there is no really spell-qqing.

For example Stockstrike vs Rocket punch: while playing a vanguard i sometimes did not realize, if my char is in fact doing his SS, cause first he swings back an then forth an u hear a quiet "crac". if surrunded by multiple enemies and moving its even worse.

while performing my RP as PT i instantly jump in the air and smash into my enemy.

As VG i used to spamm the hell out of my keyboard, wich is defenitly gone, since i'm PT

PS: English is not my native language so i hope it is understandeble, what i wanted to say and i didnt make to much mistakes ;)

There is a difference. Animation times for Mortar Volley and Full Auto are messed up, feel clunky and terrible. BH unload and death from above are smooth and instant.

Unload when it goes off. Sometimes you get a smooth animation, but no damage and no CD triggered.