Crew Skills... what can i build? how do i do it? whast best for my class? JS?

cIear

Im a JS I have Artifiice, Arch, and Treasure Hunting.

I always find crystals but I can't seem to build any crystals for my saber, im just stuck with like '20 nextor' or 1 'fire node' or x amount of 'x' type of crystals, in my inventory. Can someone help me out please?

And what about hilts, how do i build those?

just any kind of assistance on what to do with my crew and how to craft my own stuff? armor? weapons? enhancements?

Most of my 'arch' are 'grade' 'x' color crystals.

Most of my treasure hunting is 'lockboxes' and 'gemstones'

How can i utilize thsi kind of stuff that i find?

Can i craft med armor for mysef? build saber crystals?

etc

Archaeology gets you artifacts, power crystals and color crystals.

Treasure Hunting gets you lock boxes that contain credits, relics or lightsabers and Gemstones that get you blue/purple gemstones you need to make blue/purple Artifice items.

Artifice combines these materials to make hilts, color crystals and enchancements you attach to your light saber and other equipment by ctrl+right clicking the item. You can reverse engineer items you have crafted to refund some of the materials and a chance to learn a new a schematic for the more advanced version of that item, ie. reverse engineering a green hilt has a chance to learn schematic for the blue, more advanced version of that hilt, and REing the blue hilt has a chance to learn the purple, even more advanced version.

Hilts are what give your lightsabers damage. Always keep up with hilts for your level as a Sentinel.

Edited by KonduitX

at max lv u need to have had 3 main professions in order to get the best gear available

1. armorcrafting profession

2. relic crafting profession

3. biochem

u need the 1st + 2nd cause u can craft rakata items with them which can crit which means an augment slot.

u need the 3rd in order to get the best stims/potions/medpacs available

whut? crew skill? there is only one crew skill rigth now, BIOCHEM , thats all.

since customization is = 0 , biochem is the only usefull crew skill, rest just sucks.

u just need bio till u crafted your rakata recipes... u can unlearn it afterwards.

u just need bio till u crafted your rakata recipes... u can unlearn it afterwards.

That has already been changed on test server, and will be coming to live quite soon (probably next week Monday evening). So the Rakata Biochem items will require Biochem to use.

That has already been changed on test server, and will be coming to live quite soon (probably next week Monday evening). So the Rakata Biochem items will require Biochem to use.

yay nice, so i have to get the other 2 professions maxed and craft this **** with augment slots before this happens...

please tell me they also put the profession requirement on the craftable armor pieces /relics

ok so let me start with this: Crystals. Is there a particular type that I can only use to craft?

For ex I have:

(1) Nextor crystal

(1) Red Opaque crystal

(1) Firkhan crystal

(1) Red Solid

(1) Blue Solid cystal

(1) green amorophous

(1) exquisite yellow

(1) green opaque

(1) darthor crystal

(1) bondar crystal

ok, so these are all crystals that i either find in my game when im scanning with my skill, OR, what i get back from sending my companions. Now my question is this, what the hell are all those for? Are they all usable? Are only a few usable? Are they a bunch of random named ones that i cant use at all? Can i tell what ones I can actually use for crafting just by the name? I'm just lost, all im finding is a bunch of weird named crystals, can we start there?

Archaeology gets you artifacts, power crystals and color crystals.

Treasure Hunting gets you lock boxes that contain credits, relics or lightsabers and Gemstones that get you blue/purple gemstones you need to make blue/purple Artifice items.

Artifice combines these materials to make hilts, color crystals and enchancements you attach to your light saber and other equipment by ctrl+right clicking the item. You can reverse engineer items you have crafted to refund some of the materials and a chance to learn a new a schematic for the more advanced version of that item, ie. reverse engineering a green hilt has a chance to learn schematic for the blue, more advanced version of that hilt, and REing the blue hilt has a chance to learn the purple, even more advanced version.

Hilts are what give your lightsabers damage. Always keep up with hilts for your level as a Sentinel.

ok so let me start with this: Crystals. Is there a particular type that I can only use to craft?

For ex I have:

(1) Nextor crystal

(1) Red Opaque crystal

(1) Firkhan crystal

(1) Red Solid

(1) Blue Solid cystal

(1) green amorophous

(1) exquisite yellow

(1) green opaque

(1) darthor crystal

(1) bondar crystal

ok, so these are all crystals that i either find in my game when im scanning with my skill, OR, what i get back from sending my companions. Now my question is this, what the hell are all those for? Are they all usable? Are only a few usable? Are they a bunch of random named ones that i cant use at all? Can i tell what ones I can actually use for crafting just by the name? I'm just lost, all im finding is a bunch of weird named crystals, can we start there?

First of all, if it doesnt say "this item has no use" then it's ment for something.

i think you can use all these crystals once you've learned the crafting recipes. This goes for Artifacts 2 ( not the gift artifacts, but i think that's from treasure hunting, not sure though)

Do u use reverse engineering? the basic items you craft can be reversed engineered.

this will leave you with some of the reagents used to craft it, but it can also learn you the recipe for a blue version of the same item. reversing the blue crafted thing can learn you the recipe for a purple version of the item. each item requires more reagents to craft them. I dont have all the recipes but it works with color crystals aswell as mods and hilts.

Some of them require these crystals i believe. U can also check the names of these crystals on TORhead and TORwiki. that will give you info about what recipe uses what crystal. I hope this helps a bit mate

First of all, if it doesnt say "this item has no use" then it's ment for something.

i think you can use all these crystals once you've learned the crafting recipes. This goes for Artifacts 2 ( not the gift artifacts, but i think that's from treasure hunting, not sure though)

Do u use reverse engineering? the basic items you craft can be reversed engineered.

this will leave you with some of the reagents used to craft it, but it can also learn you the recipe for a blue version of the same item. reversing the blue crafted thing can learn you the recipe for a purple version of the item. each item requires more reagents to craft them. I dont have all the recipes but it works with color crystals aswell as mods and hilts.

Some of them require these crystals i believe. U can also check the names of these crystals on TORhead and TORwiki. that will give you info about what recipe uses what crystal. I hope this helps a bit mate

^^This

Just do some reading in the crew skills and look at the stickies. Im only level 17 but after doing some reading I changed to artiface and archaeology and treasure hunting. I like it so far. Just reverse engineer to get better schematics. (This may take time but at lower levels not to long)

Example you go to artiface trainer get say Green Fortitude Crystal (+2 endurance) schematic. Now you could have your companions go looking for the items or go to the GTN (trade kiosk) and just buy Green color crystals for your level low level I think is 9. Now reverse engineer those crystals and you should come out with a blue schematic eventually. When you get that blue schematic that crystal will be better that you can make but can equip at same level (+3 endurance) you can also get a purple from this still equippable at level 9 with +4 endurance.

Ariface is fun now like i said I am new to MMO's really but just read the stickies in the crafting forum section. My explanation isnt to great.

Open your skill window for Artifice, and check the individual items you can make for what materials are needed. For example, crystals will require a color crystal, a power crystal, and maybe an artifact, and some 4th material.

Archaelogy will get you most of your crystals (color and power), artificats, and some special materials.

Treasure hunting will give you the special gems needed for some schematics, as well as money, equipment and schematics.

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, the colour of the item indicates its level, green is the basic level and when crafting an item for the first time most of them will be green.

The next level up is blue, then purple. Orange is slightly different in that it indicates an upgradeable item, where you can insert mods to increase its stats.

To use your crystals open the crew skills window and select your artifice skill, there should be list of all the schematics you have for creating items. Select one and it will tell you how many resources (crystals and other stuff) you need to craft that item.

You can gather more resources by using the other 2 skills in your crew window (archeology and treasure hunting).

To learn new schematics for more items either go to your crew skills trainer or buy them on the GTN.

Hope that helps.

Best for class/character you plan to main-Biochem/Bioanlysis/Slicing.

You hit max Biochem, do some hard modes for the max level mats, ignore all the other things in Biochem....profit.

Alts pick up anything else you would like. Dump them on the fleet with 100k or so, buy mats when they show up on the GTN an just grind your skills out.