Tank skills need to do something in pvp

prien

As of right now being a tank and having taunt/shield just makes you an easy target for classes with huge armor pen or just abilities that your defense do nothing again. I love then idea of a tank being useful in pvp, but with the state of survivability vs damage they are at a large disadvantage unless you happen to play against people that spam auto attack only, but I don't run into a ton of them

I guess my main issue is there is no reason at all to get any stat but offensive ones as a tank for pvp, which goes against the idea of tanking

Get more pvp gear with expertise, guard a healer and watch as a squad of people try to kill either of you. Most players hate fighting against tanks in warzones simply because they do not die.

Still no reason to pick a tank for PVP as Sorcs have the best support tools in the game and is overall tankier due to elemental, internal, Tech damage ripping us apart!

Still no reason to pick a tank for PVP as Sorcs have the best support tools in the game and is overall tankier due to elemental, internal, Tech damage ripping us apart!

Sorcs dont have elemental dmg, and im not sure if tech dmg even exist. Internal dmg is small part of sorc dps.

Yes because medals are why everyone pvps, not because its fun or anything just the medals and phat lootz.

Damn I miss the old days when pvp was not just a gear grind for most people...

:(

@ the op I agree that shield or the pvp armor stats should be reworked in some small way... but the taunt is actually a very powerful tool.

Edited by Garbald

I hear you. There is zero reason for me to spec as a tank on my Jugg, pretty much the only thing i lose out on is a 40% damage reduction buff on a 3 minute cooldown and a few % internal damage resistance on the second last tier. Better just to spec DPS and run around in Soresu and have nearly the same survivability, be able to guard and taunt while actually being able to kill people.

If the Shield and Defense stats were worth a damn i might but they're not. Even the PvP gear i've started just taking the tank set from Battlemaster and replacing the defensive stats with damage instead.

Edited by Kabaal

If the Shield and Defense stats were worth a damn i might but they're not. Even the PvP gear i've started just taking the tank set from Battlemaster and replacing the defensive stats with damage instead.

The Vindicator set bonuses are better than War Leader, imo. And I played Tank Juggernaut from Valor rank 1-57, just testing the offensive trees for two days now, and I had a blast with my class...

The Vindicator set bonuses are better than War Leader, imo. And I played Tank Juggernaut from Valor rank 1-57, just testing the offensive trees for two days now, and I had a blast with my class...

I was mostly Vindicator with Champ gear but using War Leader for Battlemaster, just changing the shielding stats for crit and surge. The set bonuses were ok but by no means a deal breaker.

Edited by Kabaal

I am really loving pvp and pve with my tank.

Tanks can be frustrating to play until you learn your role and how to play them.

To the OP ... Recommend you partner up with a good healer and guard them. Also coordinate your taunts and stuns will help your team greatly.

... tank skills need to do something in pvp ? well lets see guarding a healer = win... aoe taunting reduces the dmg of a whole grp by 30%... do you people even think anymore ?

The point is that you can do that while DPS spec and have almost the same survivability but more than double the damage due to Defense and Shield hardly working against anything other than weapon damage attacks which are in the minority.

Did you even read the thread? He could have been clearer but still.

... tank skills need to do something in pvp ? well lets see guarding a healer = win... aoe taunting reduces the dmg of a whole grp by 30%... do you people even think anymore ?

The problem still is that tanks arent tanky enough. People who know this will rip the tank before the healer. And they go down as fast as any other class aslong as its a sorc, powertech, operative, scoundrel etc becose we have no defense vs their offense!

L2P

Tanks are VERY useful in PvP. Diverting attention, soaking up damage for someone else, taunting non-stop so the enemy players deal less damage, etc... Really I can't see how you could think tanks are useless in PvP. And whoever says tanks aren't tanky enough just suck at tanking. Really.

Edited by MigSebes

L2P

Tanks are VERY useful in PvP. Diverting attention, soaking up damage for someone else, taunting non-stop so the enemy players deal less damage, etc... Really I can't see how you could think tanks are useless in PvP. And whoever says tanks aren't tanky enough just suck at tanking. Really.

Does still not justify why the tank trees arent worth taking as damage trees still serve the same purpose! We can still get slaughtered just like all the other DPS classes since damage isnt being mitigated...