10 PvP Reasons why I unsubbed

oOoPipeoOo

Here are my top 10 issues with the pvp side of the game and why I have unsubbed(bring on the qq etc it doesn't bother me).

1. Resists - or lack thereof. Each class has its own damage type, some classes have alot of one and little of others. Which means that some classes spammable abilities will do more damage than others. Also this benefits some class armor wearers against other classes whose damage is white (or weapon based).

2. Stealth - (I know this doesn't apply to every stealth class). Stealth should have super burst - they should be the kings of assination. What they shouldn't have is stealth, burst, speed, restealth (in the middle of aoe/4 people hitting them), and the abiltiy to heal themselves.

IMO - they should trade 1 or 2 of each off on the others. Want to heal - then give up burst, want to run around on crack level 5 then no restealth, a character shouldnt be able to use all 4.

3. Cover - bad mechanic - to slow etc etc etc

4. One trick ponies whose trick is very good. We all know who they are - interrupt them and they stand looking at you for 4 secs. Then it starts all over. No class should use 1 skill the majority of the time. Make it so to PvP successfully you have to use all your hotkeys/skillbars. Spamming one skill that does a **** tonne of damage is not good game design. Make interrupts last a decent amount of time not 2 GCDs - 10secs should be good. That will keep people on their toes and force them to utilise what other skills they have.

5. Healing. Classes that heal themselves ie Commando/BH/Ops/Scoundrel etc who are not highly specced in their heal tree should have small hot type heals. Not big heals that can get them the 2.5k medal. Unless they spec 1/2 way up 2 different trees. Seeing players in WZs that have dominated come out with 200kdamage and 100k healing is wrong. (yes I know people can get 300-500k damage - you are not dominating here - the other team is healing alot!)

6. Stuns - Part 1 - Stuns in pvp are wrong. CC is good and should be used. It makes people think about breaking it - ie Mez someone and if someone damages them they are free to go, root them and they are able to use range abilities, KB's are situational and good at times - stuns - no.

Part 2 - Stuns with damage - see part 1 and multiply the bull**** that it has become.

7. Escape/Breakfree - give an immunity of a few secs ffs! 5 - 10 should be minimum

8. Resolve - good in theory still needs a lot of tweaking - fill up faster, disappear alot slower.

9. WZ Balance - no brackets at release really? Lvl 50s have nothing to do at 50 - well 80% of player base wouldn't care at this stage. Premade lvl 50s vs greys is crazy - its not really fun when you do it because all you are doing is spending time to get some medals. It's less fun on the receiving end.

10. RNG Bags for PvP Gear - see other numerous threads. My fix. +5% chance for every bag you open to get an item until you get an item. Get a duplicate? Trade for Centurion piece or 15 commendations.

(edit: forgot the lack of afk kick in WZs but this would make 11 reasons so no matter:P)

I know most of this has been said in numerous other threads, but my chest is a little lighter. BTW I am Lvl 50 Valor 59 with 2 pieces of my Champ clothes, 1 off hand weapon, 1 earpiece, 1 belt, 1 Implant. My luck has it so that whatever piece I buy with Centurion commendations I will get next - or a duplicate.

I hope everyone enjoys their gaming experience be it in this game or another.

Edited by oOoPipeoOo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You make some very good points, but I mostly agree with the RNG PvP gear.

In what universe is this a viable system?

Bioware, you realise that lucky players get full sets by doing one weekly and two dailies (5 bags total, 1 set piece each) whilst others can do every - possible - quest... and still get Centurion commendations?

Seriously, what the heck? Who designed this?

10. RNG Bags for PvP Gear - see other numerous threads. My fix. +5% chance for every bag you open to get an item until you get an item. Get a duplicate? Trade for Centurion piece or 15 commendations.

This is why I will probably unsub. Assassins are gear dependent and when I can't get my gear due to the fact that it's based on luck is *********** dumb.

i agree with stuns. . .cc's do make more sense. I feel like im being stunned every 2 seconds. . .just aint fun.

And yes bag rewards. . .one of the worst and dumbest things I ever saw.

Edited by Drahh

Excellent post. I sort of feel bad for the PvP designers. Will they fix it? maybe...

I switched my 90 days sub to 30 days, then I found myself not even wanting to play. I realize ive become a PvP first type of player. This game doesn't have good pvp.

Part of me wants to wait for the PvP patch due this month. Just to see if it's worth it...

Anyway, good post.

Firstly,

I was going to create my own thread to ask this but i figured id tag it onto yours.

I've heard that the higher rank of valor you are, the less chance you have to get gear from the champions bags. Can anyone confirm this?

Now onto your post. I agree with most everything in here. I feel that, as someone who enjoys pvp generally, many people suffer due to the lack of separation between level 50's and lower levels. However I feel that any fresh 50 and most low levels are on a pretty fair playing field. What i DONT think is fair, is pvp gear that BUFFS your damage as well as your resistances/health etc etc. Geared level 50's are 1-3 shotting people in the warzones with relative ease. I feel that something needs to be done about this

Again I agree with most things you stated, however I don't know why your unsubscribing. The game is still great for being only a month old. Soon enough they will smooth out the rough spots and balance pvp (hopefully). I enjoy the class quests and the occasion i actually get a fair pvp match too much to leave the game anytime soon.

1: I see your point here.

2: I'd call what the Scoundrels/Operatives and Assassin/Shadows have as good enough burst wise.

Been pretty much molested before i could even get out of stun by Scoundrels and Shadows MANY times, and YES i am level 50 and i have decent gear.

3: Yes, cover in PvP is kinda slow and painful to deal with.

4: I play one of those "one trick ponys" as you call them.. We have more then one trick you know.. Most people dont really pay attention to what they do though, and really.. They just suck :p

5: While i am enjoying the benefits of this i kinda have to say i agree.

However all it gives as a result is a slim to none increase in warzone comendations..

Playwise its nifty though as you can stun or mez and heals yourself if things go sideways :p

6/7/8: I dont so much mind stuns in PvP.

What completely infuruiates me is how totally completely and utterly useless Escape/Breakfree is.. Because as soon as you hit it, you just know youre gonna get stunned again.. With absolutely NO diminishing return affecting anything.

Which makes Resolve a good idea but about as useful as **** on a fish in practical gameterms. By the time Resolve bar is half filled.. Youre already dead and it needs to be filled again.. Which it isnt until you die... See the problem BioWare? ;p

9: Well its getting fixed in 1.1.

Own bracket for level 50.

Actually wouldnt mind if they made it so every 10 level get their own bracket.

Say like 10-20. 21-30, 31-40, 41-49, and then 50 :)

Quick edit because i forgot..

10: Actually after going without getting anything but comendations for a long time.. I finally got 4 differelt slot pieces today... Only had to open 7 bags to do it.

Not a bad trade off if i might say so myself.

I think you just have had insanely bad luck though.

But yeah.. You should be able to trade them in for either 3 higher level comendation or like you say 15 lower level comendations.

Would make sense since you really dont need 3 different items of the same slot now do you? ;p

Edited by virtualinsanity

75+ bags, 6 ears, 5 boots, 5 implants, 3 Mainhands, 3 helms.

Got to level 50 @ 23 valor level, almost 55.

Please patch this. Its the WORST ever.

It's retarded my friends has been 5/5 since his first weekly long ago.. I am still 2/5. I have done 4 sets of weeklies and I have more centruion gear than people that are level 20 valor.

You WILL lose subs.

I really like this game and the pvp here but :

I am on the verge of unsubing and my main reason are the lvl 50s . I fell i am on a braking point. I really stoped enjoying myself lately . Every WZ a premade filled with 16-17k hp lvl 50s doing 4+k crits while you lvl 20-30 hit them for 800-1200 tops while they heal for twice that .

I said to myself i will give it another week but if by then no lvl 50 WZs arive i am out and so are my 2 rl friends playing with me.

The other thing that bothers me is the animation bugs on skills like ravage . Every time i press ravage and the target moves a bit i am stuck in some awkward animation for 3 sec at the end of witch i do no damage and my ravage shows as off CD . Sometimes i spend half the battle running after someone pressing Maul with my assassin only to see him pull his hand back and then drop it down and nothing happens, then again and again and i look like an idiot running after someone shaking my hands and doing 0 damage.

I have an utterly unsophisticated understanding of PvP. My feelings on that don't extend beyond "Did I or did I not die the last time I fought another player." OP talks of champion gear and I go "lol, wuts that". He whines about CC and Resolve. My thought is that if I'm unable to emerge victorious at a given aspect of game play, then either I need to get better at it or find a new way to play.

I have a Mercenary at level 50 and a Sorcerer at level 30 on a PvP server (The Crucible Pits). I get my arse handed to me every time I engage in PvP. I am not complaining about it.

Peace.

I really like this game and the pvp here but :

I am on the verge of unsubing and my main reason are the lvl 50s . I fell i am on a braking point. I really stoped enjoying myself lately . Every WZ a premade filled with 16-17k hp lvl 50s doing 4+k crits while you lvl 20-30 hit them for 800-1200 tops while they heal for twice that .

I said to myself i will give it another week but if by then no lvl 50 WZs arive i am out and so are my 2 rl friends playing with me.

The other thing that bothers me is the animation bugs on skills like ravage . Every time i press ravage and the target moves a bit i am stuck in some awkward animation for 3 sec at the end of witch i do no damage and my ravage shows as off CD . Sometimes i spend half the battle running after someone pressing Maul with my assassin only to see him pull his hand back and then drop it down and nothing happens, then again and again and i look like an idiot running after someone shaking my hands and doing 0 damage.

You have to thank Hero engine for that. And guess what? They are getting 30% of all profits EA makes off of this game.

Of all the advanced game engines out there that support some stunning visual features and effects out of the box, have much better particle, physics, and bone systems, why did BioFail opt for Hero is beyond me.

It's even funnier when you do Spinning Strike as a Shadow and someone moves away. You end up running after them while spinning your double bladed lightsaber in the air above your head as if you're trying to become a helicopter :D

At least you gave solid reasons as to why you unsubbed OP, unlike many of the other posted that have been QQ'ing about silly stuff that's already being looked at for fixes next week (50 bracket being the main one)

In all honesty, play an alt and give it a month at least for them to fix it to those of you that are unsubbing because of bugs, the devs have posted that we should see a lot of PvP tweaking coming in patches with frequency following next weeks patch so this could mean a lot of the problems get ironed out within that month.

If they don't then at least you gave it a chance and I'm pretty sure more would be following should it carry on much the same way into the month and month after (I highly doubt it will though and I don't doubt Lucas is giving the guys at EA and Bioware severe earache right now since I'm pretty sure he doesn't want another SWG on his hands)

Think of it like this...

It took WoW at least a year to come good (all classes in a playable state and half-decent pvp)

It took WAR 6 months to come good (ironing out bugs and imbalances, unfortunatley for them, the Choppa class threw all this work down the drain so they had to start from scratch, by which point it was too late)

It took Rift 3 months to come good (pvp wise at least, the pvp balance was disgusting at launch, SWTOR looks like a saint at the side of launch month Rift)

Give it time, I don't think you'll regret it.

Edited by Zarthorn

Of all the advanced game engines out there that support some stunning visual features and effects out of the box, have much better particle, physics, and bone systems, why did BioFail opt for Hero is beyond me.

They had to save money somewhere in order to pay for all those voice overs.

Edited by DarthDartheous

I am currently 42 and still loving the game, but I see the potential for disaster later on...hope they will fix some of the problems with the upcoming patches. If they do not listen to player feedback, they are doomed to fail.

Agreed. The sad thing is most of the things people are complaining about have been discussed for months, well before release.

But for what ever reason not much has changed, and those old posts have been wiped from the boards when they cleared the forums at launch.

Bioware has had plenty of time to improve their PvP system, but they are dragging their feet.

Not to mention that this game was designed for PvE, and as a result PvP will suffer. This game was designed for the average player to be able to complete almost all the content in the game in small groups. Hence, every class having a ton of CC and heals.

This is the first game I've played with this many different classes capable of playing any role.

Edited by keedo

Here are my top 10 issues with the pvp side of the game and why I have unsubbed(bring on the qq etc it doesn't bother me).

1. Resists - or lack thereof. Each class has its own damage type, some classes have alot of one and little of others. Which means that some classes spammable abilities will do more damage than others. Also this benefits some class armor wearers against other classes whose damage is white (or weapon based).

2. Stealth - (I know this doesn't apply to every stealth class). Stealth should have super burst - they should be the kings of assination. What they shouldn't have is stealth, burst, speed, restealth (in the middle of aoe/4 people hitting them), and the abiltiy to heal themselves.

IMO - they should trade 1 or 2 of each off on the others. Want to heal - then give up burst, want to run around on crack level 5 then no restealth, a character shouldnt be able to use all 4.

3. Cover - bad mechanic - to slow etc etc etc

4. One trick ponies whose trick is very good. We all know who they are - interrupt them and they stand looking at you for 4 secs. Then it starts all over. No class should use 1 skill the majority of the time. Make it so to PvP successfully you have to use all your hotkeys/skillbars. Spamming one skill that does a **** tonne of damage is not good game design. Make interrupts last a decent amount of time not 2 GCDs - 10secs should be good. That will keep people on their toes and force them to utilise what other skills they have.

5. Healing. Classes that heal themselves ie Commando/BH/Ops/Scoundrel etc who are not highly specced in their heal tree should have small hot type heals. Not big heals that can get them the 2.5k medal. Unless they spec 1/2 way up 2 different trees. Seeing players in WZs that have dominated come out with 200kdamage and 100k healing is wrong. (yes I know people can get 300-500k damage - you are not dominating here - the other team is healing alot!)

6. Stuns - Part 1 - Stuns in pvp are wrong. CC is good and should be used. It makes people think about breaking it - ie Mez someone and if someone damages them they are free to go, root them and they are able to use range abilities, KB's are situational and good at times - stuns - no.

Part 2 - Stuns with damage - see part 1 and multiply the bull**** that it has become.

7. Escape/Breakfree - give an immunity of a few secs ffs! 5 - 10 should be minimum

8. Resolve - good in theory still needs a lot of tweaking - fill up faster, disappear alot slower.

9. WZ Balance - no brackets at release really? Lvl 50s have nothing to do at 50 - well 80% of player base wouldn't care at this stage. Premade lvl 50s vs greys is crazy - its not really fun when you do it because all you are doing is spending time to get some medals. It's less fun on the receiving end.

(edit: forgot the lack of afk kick in WZs but this would make 11 reasons so no matter:P)

I know most of this has been said in numerous other threads, but my chest is a little lighter. BTW I am Lvl 50 Valor 59 with 2 pieces of my Champ clothes, 1 off hand weapon, 1 earpiece, 1 belt, 1 Implant. My luck has it so that whatever piece I buy with Centurion commendations I will get next - or a duplicate.

I hope everyone enjoys their gaming experience be it in this game or another.

they need to hire you, especialy LOVE point 4.

only point 1, might be a problem first no mods in PvP gear.

and second it distupt balance even more.

rest of the post i not really have any comments on.

Agreed. The sad thing is most of the things people are complaining about have been discussed for months, well before release.

But for what ever reason not much has changed, and those old posts have been wiped from the boards when they cleared the forums at launch.

Bioware has had plenty of time to improve their PvP system, but they are dragging their feet.

Not to mention that this game was designed for PvE, and as a result PvP will suffer. This game was designed for the average player to be able to complete almost all the content in the game in small groups. Hence, every class having a ton of CC and heals.

This is the first game I've played with this many different classes capable of playing any role.

Exactly and this is why Bioware are being cautious with there balancing approach.

Think of it this way, a scenario if you will:

Player A is a Gunslinger who is specced fully for damage

Player B is a Assassin who has specced hybrid to get some damage and survivability.

Player A complains that Player B has too much survivability so the devs nerf the Assassins Tanking tree.

However this inadvertantly breaks the entire tree for the pure Assassin Tanks who can now no longer Tank hard modes because the nerf was to a major talent that was classed as central to there entire build.

Player B then specs full damage and still kills Player A who then complains that Assassins do too much damage.

devs now nerf the damage tree which effectively leaves the entire class gimped and creates a lot of angry players.

=========================================================

What Bioware is actually doing is compiling data, the very same thing you would get in competitive games like SCII and even LoL, from this data they look for anomalies, disparties and things that could be a major problem and proceed to "rebalance" that single area in such a way that it would not "break the class" but would make it less to deal with when someone hybrids.

Note the last dev post clearly pointed out that they are data mining on WZ's constantly, the JK/SW are actually getting buffed because there data mining has shown them a clear anomaly (along with player feedback ofc) that for "Tanks" they are just not Tanky enough.

I know some of you would love for devs to post at least weekly "progress reports"...as would I, but as long as they keep giving us some indication of what is going on, I'm happy (which they have done and continue to do)

But Bioware are not going to make the same mistakes that were made with Mythic and WAR, kneejerk nerfs are bad and only create animosity.