2 Million copies sold...but can't find 1 person :(

Jkronoff

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

L50 and i ve gone around all the planets and the most i see is 50 on 1 planet 2 million sold i dont think so more like 100,000 sold. My guild had over 300 members sign up 67 are all we got and i've ask around and most guild have had the same thing happen this is going to have a short life, with all the games coming out this year wait and see

Many people have left the game already and sorry to say in 6 days time it will be a ghost town.

In 6 days time, there won't be a noticable difference. I bet less than half the people saying they're leaving will actually do it.

And people have probably left already, but the game is growing, not the other way around:

"I can't say specific numbers," Ohlen explained, "but we hit a million almost immediately and we've been growing since then. We've sold out in a lot of stores. We've obviously been having to put more copies into the channel.

"I'd say we're still rocketing right now. Every day the numbers continue to grow - we have more people going into the game."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-12-bioware-swtor-post-mortem-its-more-innovative-than-an-fps

I tend to run into others doing the same quests as me a few times at least on every planet so far, so I invite them and we run them quick and part ways. I have a guild to run group things with so I haven't bothered trying to make friends to quest with, but I haven't had a problem with feeling all alone. Usually have 70+ people on each planet I'm on. (I'm level 46 atm on Voss as an Imperial)

It really does depend on the server and the level bracket you're in.

The game is very new still and people are still settling in. Also most people are taking time leveling up and trying out different classes.

Up to about level 28 or so, it shouldn't be a big problem to find people. Above that, well, it will be harder at this time. In a week or two I suspect that the level 28-36 areas will be a lot better.

Some servers have better population than others and that too is part of a new MMO. Of course some servers might also have more solo oriented people than others.

I know for myself that I have level my first character to 50 by mostly soloing. I was just exploring the game and story by myself. Now I am mostly playing my second character, that's level 27 and doing a lot more with groups. For me this is how I do things. I first go out on my own to discover the game and then I get more into group play.

We will lose some people around the 20th but I don't think it will be as many as some people here want to believe. But also this is a natural part of a new game. No game is for everybody so you always lose a number of players. It's normal.

Now to the OP, I do not know which server you're on and which time of day you play etc, but perhaps you picked a server with low population. My advice is simply to start a new character on a more populated server or be patient on your current server. I have a couple of characters on another server that I don't play on anymore...at least for now. It's not a big problem from my point of view.

You have to be kidding.. I'm lvl 41 and I've never had a problem finding people to play with. I didn't even join a guild until recently.

3/4ths of the time I go on a non-instanced mission, someone has recently been there or is still there and has cleared out 1/2 the mobs already. I just follow their trail of dead..

Change servers to one with a higher population or maybe start trying to interact with people more over chat, cuz I'm not sure I actually believe your seemingly exaggerated claims..

• 2 months later...
Been trying for days to get help with a quest that I can't get past, and consequently can't do anything else because of it being "unable to abandon". I can't do any other quests until this is completed. Getting killed in 20 seconds with "Heroic-All in" is dumbfounding. I am pressing buttons merely trying to keep from dying and in between these frantic (and so far futile) attempts I get to fire a shot or two. Any pause inducing attack is immediately negated and my health bar recedes faster than the fuel gauge on a nitro funny car. In the last few days the highest number of people I saw was 7, including me, and it usually is 3 or 4. I have died 30+ times and have spent 150,000 credits on stims and repair with one repair alone costing 29,000 credits! This quest is now my entire SWTOR existence, along with the 15$ a month this is costing me. :mad: Not for long though.

Try making an alt in WoW, and you will be lucky if you see one player in each zone up to Cata lvling zones. everybody is sitting in Orgrimmar/Stormwind.

i have no problems finding groups for heroic's, and i usually see lots of ppl running around in each zone.

well...WoW is like 8 years old. 3 months from their launch you bet your *** you saw people in every zone.

Just for giggles I logged on to one of the most populated WoW servers yesterday Argent Dawn. I went to Stormwind and typed this

LF Quest Help Firelands daily

I repeated the request for nearly an hour no one responded.

ERGO: 12.5 million boxes sold and can't find 1 person.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

well...WoW is like 8 years old. 3 months from their launch you bet your *** you saw people in every zone.

That was almost a decade ago MMO"s have changed greatly since then. Now everyone power levels then come to the forums to whine.

That was almost a decade ago MMO"s have changed greatly since then. Now everyone power levels then come to the forums to whine.

Also anytime I need help with a quest or to form a Flash point group the longest I have had to wait is maybe 15 mins.

It's one of those ymmv things.

Also anytime I need help with a quest or to form a Flash point group the longest I have had to wait is maybe 15 mins.

It's one of those ymmv things.

Why have you had to wait that long for can you tell me plz thank you.

I was having the same problem with my Bounty Hunter, I'd rolled on a server to join a friend who then stopped playing. I was in a guild but they were all level 50. I would spend 2 hours trying to find a group for a low level flashpoint before giving up. It was making me want to quit.

Then one of my other real life buddies told me to join his server, so I rolled a jedi knight and joined his guild. Such a difference! I could get a group for Hammer Station or Athiss within a few minutes! There were people in the guild with low level alts! There were people on the planets looking for groups for heroics!

I hate abandoning my Bounty Hunter, and I was really enjoying his storyline, but it's such a difference being on a more populated server with a good guild.

Point of my story is, there are people, just unfortunately there are too many servers.

Hello everyone,

We know that a number of you wish to discuss how many players are on servers at the moment and in order to keep the discussion together we ask that everyone use this thread. This will help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in the ongoing conversation. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on there!

Edited by Averran