Guru in the Dunes - Sith Marauder Tatooine Mission

USMCG_PANZER

Hi folks,

Any tips for a Sith Marauder when fighting Yul-Li and his bodyguard?

Here's my situation/information:

I'll be 29th level later tonight, and I'm hoping I can defeat Master Yul-Li in the Gurus in the Dunes mission that kept kicking my *** last night.

I have been doing almost all of the bonus/side quests on Balmorra, Nar Shadaa, and now Tatooine (have skipped a couple here and there), except for some Group and Heroic missions that I have skipped when I couldn't find anyone to run around with. I have also played space and PVP missions for XP and money.

Unfortunately, I don't have any orange or purple gear right now, and am only up to Might and Resolve 4 Hilts in crafting. All of the drops I get right now are for lower armor than I already have (most of it bought off the Galactic market, but some of it found).

My character seems pretty weak when compared to some of the Sith Sorceror's and other classes I have grouped with, so I thought I would ask here.

Thanks.

Edited by USMCG_PANZER

Your gear seems to be outdated. Check the "AH" for upgrades.

On the fight itself it was pretty hardy but doable for me, the key was burn the apprentice as fast as i could and then focus on the master. Had to pop a medpack and use my CDs but in the end i managed it.

I could also tell you to respec to Annihilation IMO, something like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrR.1

Start the fight by: Charge -> Deadly Saber -> Battering Assault. And then proceed to keep the bleeds up (Rapture / Deadly Saber) and hit him with everything (Vicious Slash / Force Scream / Ravage), when in trouble pop a Berserk and watch the self heals save you.

I can't stress how CDs are important on this game. No need to save them, USE ON EVERY OPPORTUNITY. Specially Cloak.

You should be able to win after this.

So, TL;DR: Respec Annihilation and gear up to make things easier. You could do it as Carnage / Rage too, but Anni just makes things easier and is also an amazing spec to lvl / pvp IMO. You could also swap some points to get the slow if you PvP a lot.

you might have to die and then go back.

Tbh the way I did it was kill the apprentice guy, die to the master, and then I went back in to kill the master.

Same here, but one thing to notice that I screwed up on: The master does some kind of charge thing that disables him at the start of the fight unless you do an AoE. So you're basically battling 2 foes in succession instead of 2 foes at once unless you do an AoE. So don't do AoE, focus on apprentice, then when he dies switch to master. At least defeat the apprentice before duying if you can, then can just field rez and do the master separately.

Took me 3-4 tries on my lvl 27 rage juggy to finally get the apprentice down.

The plan I used was to walk in and place my back against the wall, as far away from the old guy as possible. This way I could use a Force Choke>Obliterate>Force Slam to take a nice chunk of the guy's health. I threw up saber ward a few seconds in, used a med pack, and when the old guy stopped doing his channeling I force pushed him for the stun and got the final hit on the apprentice.

If you're able to, after you defeat the apprentice you need to run out of the story area. This will take you out of combat and you can heal/wait for CDs. Once you're ready you can go back in and take on the old guy. He isn't that hard if you interrupt his cast anyway you can.

So basically run in, DPS like mad, run out, go back in and defeat the old guy (he does a lot of cast that you can interrupt).

Edit: Also for gearing in the future, try finding the commendations vendor early on. Check the prices and try to earn enough commendations for the gear. I know Tatooine has some really nice and cheap mods you can buy (2 commendations for mods that give upwards of +10 in stats).

Edited by Everi

Whatever you do, do NOT aoe, focus on the younger Jedi first single target, use your cooldowns early against him so that you can blow him up and minimize damage taken, another tip you can do is to pop call on the force just outside of the hutt. After blowing up the younger you can then take down the master, or run out of the hutt, wait for your shorter cooldowns, and go back in and engage the master.

Thank you SPNE!

I respec'd, set up my keybinds for the attack chain you mentioned below, used a stim, and a medpac, and was able to beat the mission without any problems.

I REALLY appreciate your help!

Your gear seems to be outdated. Check the "AH" for upgrades.

On the fight itself it was pretty hardy but doable for me, the key was burn the apprentice as fast as i could and then focus on the master. Had to pop a medpack and use my CDs but in the end i managed it.

I could also tell you to respec to Annihilation IMO, something like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrR.1

Start the fight by: Charge -> Deadly Saber -> Battering Assault. And then proceed to keep the bleeds up (Rapture / Deadly Saber) and hit him with everything (Vicious Slash / Force Scream / Ravage), when in trouble pop a Berserk and watch the self heals save you.

I can't stress how CDs are important on this game. No need to save them, USE ON EVERY OPPORTUNITY. Specially Cloak.

You should be able to win after this.

So, TL;DR: Respec Annihilation and gear up to make things easier. You could do it as Carnage / Rage too, but Anni just makes things easier and is also an amazing spec to lvl / pvp IMO. You could also swap some points to get the slow if you PvP a lot.

• 6 months later...
I know this is kind of old, but I'm new to the game and I'm wondering something. I always read about the fight after I do it, and I'm wondering, have they decreased the difficulty? I always seem to beat these problem bosses a few levels before everyone else is having difficulty. For instance here I just beat them at level 24. Has there been a difficulty decrease in the last few months?

• 2 years later...

First run in and get through the talking.

Run outside and resummon companion - activate heroic moment.

Run back in choke the padawan, move a little so you can push him away from the master then jump to him and do all the dps you can. Should be enough to take him down, then run out and heal, go back and finish the master.

First run in and get through the talking.

Run outside and resummon companion - activate heroic moment.

Run back in choke the padawan, move a little so you can push him away from the master then jump to him and do all the dps you can. Should be enough to take him down, then run out and heal, go back and finish the master.

I'm sure the OP will be so happy to have his question answered some three years after he asked it.