Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Lets face it WOW pvp > SWTOR pvp

Cutnail

Well, for one thing, premade vs premade bracket never stopped WoW premades from destroying us in the pug bracket. I lost over %90 of my games in WoW no matter what bracket I was in and no matter what faction I played. I only lose about %60-%70 of my games in SWTOR. That alone makes SWTOR pvp better than WoW pvp.

Your 60%-70% is already better than mine. I would say I win a hell of a lot more in WoW than SWTOR. SWTOR solely relies on your server. So maybe you're a bit luckier, but not everyone, I guess.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because for me and many other people not having cross-server queues trumps everything else.

Now if TOR introduced cross-server for PvP then I'd say WoW PvP was better. The OP wasn't specific though, he just asked which we thought was better. He didn't ask for example, "which do you find more responsive?"

So... you like playing Huttball vs your own faction 3/4 of the time? Because that is whats going on for Imperials.

Actually you can't premade against a pug in a 15-40 man BG. If you REALLY lost 90% of your games your either just lying or just a complete fail.

Yes you can, there's an addon that queues as many people as want to play.

And I wasn't rude in any way to you or anyone else in this thread, so don't be rude to me.

WoW is far superior even in its current state.

For starters it has fully working mechanics along with combat logs Oo

Furthemore it hasnt got any class that will 3 shot another equally lvl and gear class ( see operative scoundrel)

It hasnt got broken skills like biohem

its farm more bal;ance in top tier skill

It has far better design battlegrounds

On top of that it has unparalleled combat fluidity , and no lag which swtor lacks

Yes you can, there's an addon that queues as many people as want to play.

And I wasn't rude in any way to you or anyone else in this thread, so don't be rude to me.

Lol, sorry, I guess you answered my question. Edited by KonduitX

Furthemore it hasnt got any class that will 3 shot another equally lvl and gear class ( see operative scoundrel)

its farm more bal;ance in top tier skill

On top of that it has unparalleled combat fluidity , and no lag which swtor lacks

At 49, I was being two shotted (and I had over 12k health). This is a big problem, thank you for putting this!<3

The health to damage ratio is just... I don't know. Bad in some cases. Now some people seem to be hard to take down, but then again, this might just be the imbalance in classes/specs right now.

Edited by Mystprime

100% disagree ... WoW's pvp is wretched, I'm having a fun with TORs pvp. Sure there are issues that need to be ironed out and I would like to see them merge some of the lighter servers together to prevent x-server pvp.

Plus, I believe Bioware will take making this game better a higher priority than Blizzard ever did.

Twink domination isn't a factor when you have level 50's queueing with level 10's. This whole argument is flawed bro.

They change it into brackets and you can bet your *** that it will quickly become a factor. One thing is for certain in MMO PvP, people are always looking for the easiest way to faceroll the competition, then run to the forums and complain when they can't.

Bro.

its far more balanced in top tier skill

Truth. from what I can see, theres alot of BAD PvPers hanging out in this forum. they click, they backpeddle, they dont want balance, they prefer animations over fluid combat, they dont understand CC, they dont want PvP stats and dont understand why they're there..

What you're seeing is people who never did well in WoW's version of PvP. these people prefer SWG's broken pre-CU joke PvP and the like .. (TKA fencer and mindfires were really compelling gameplay amirite.)

These are people who don't know what level people were actually competing at in WoW.

Swtor pvp has a much lower skillcap. lolautoface, lol no macros, lolcrappyinterrupts etc etc

WoW skill cap was not as high as some of the arena people make you think. Arena was first and foremost about group make up based on class imbalances that blizzard never could fix.

Warriors and Feral has been ridiculously overpowered for quite awhile now. Anyone having either of those two classes was basically face roll.

I honestly thought that vanilla wow- TBC pvp was the best, especially for hybrid classes. Healers were more then just heal bots. As a resto druid, feral charge, allowed for a lot of options in pvp. Now restoration is just spamming hots and travel form, pretty one dimensional play that has nothing to do with the player.

I think SWTOR pvp is much better assuming the ability delay and stacking of consumables is fixed soon.

Last time I played WoW is 5-6 years ago, it was miles better than this crap here for sure. There was open pvp and later the Battlegrounds were just much more fun than this tiny small ones in swtor. Edited by BobaFurz

Truth. from what I can see, theres alot of BAD PvPers hanging out in this forum. they click, they backpeddle, they dont want balance, they prefer animations over fluid combat, they dont understand CC, they dont want PvP stats and dont understand why they're there..

What you're seeing is people who never did well in WoW's version of PvP. these people prefer SWG's broken pre-CU joke PvP and the like .. (TKA fencer and mindfires were really compelling gameplay amirite.)

These are people who don't know what level people were actually competing at in WoW.

I agree and disagree with you; the one that really caught my eye, which is rarely discussed is the Animation vs. Fuild Combat. I for one would love to have that fuild/smooth feel in this game; though I rarely suffer from lag issues, I feel BW spend a bit more time on the beautiful graphics then the game play and evolving story.

I feel if they nerfed the graphics back a bit and focused that power on the PvE & PvP structure and game play, more things/issues will be resolved, allowing a structure of fast, smooth and fluid movement to combine pleasure with majority of the clickers/kboarders in both features, and would possibly cut back on the story line bugs as well.

Edited by RangKer

People seem to forget that WoW cross-server PvP wasn't there at the start, it was a feature they added later.

As someone who was there the day WSG, AB, and AV launched, when you had to actually travel TO the battleground to queue, I tend to agree with the OP. As frustrating as WoW PvP was at the start, I don't remember it being THIS frustrating, or faction imbalanced. Of course, I was playing a rogue back then so that's something to consider :p

Undead Rogue I'm guessing? Will of the Forsaken was an I-Win button for the Horde.

LOL! No.

SWTOR was awesome until the 50s ruined the warzones. I have not had as much fun in a warzone/battleground since the first BGs were introduced in wow to stop the fighting at tarren mill. WOW has not introduced a decent BG since the original first 3.

If you like WOW so much more please go back to it. It's the ex-WOW people that are ruining this game now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.