WANTED: Cybertech advice

Rhombulos

So after getting up to level 400 Cybertech I was slightly disappointed to learn that The armoring/mods you can make aren't as good as other high end mods, so most people don't buy them. I was able to sell a few epic guardian armoring mods but it took a while and I was the only one even selling them. Regular mods/ship upgrades/earpieces aren't worth making (The Mandalorian iron it takes to make it is worth roughly the same, or more). I've heard that making Armoring and mods for around level 25-35 characters is much more profitable, but I don't know which ones to make, or how much to sell them for. So I'm just asking other Cybertechs this:

- If you sell lower level Armoring/Mods for credits: What kind and for how much?

- If you're Cybertech and have another way for earning credits: How so?

Thanks for any advice you give, I'm hoping to have a stable credit income while I play, usually I'm broke in most MMOs!

Edited by Rhombulos

Check the GTN, see what is not in stock, make a few, try and sell them. Know how much your materials cost, add whatever you think your time is worth and finally add some more for profit and you have the minimum price you should be selling for, prices may vary by server.

Only selling for about 20-30k here, and Mandalorian iron goes for about 8-10k per.

They should let me smuggle Mandalorian iron from your server over to mine. It goes for ~25k per on my server. What's the point of rolling smuggler if I can't smuggle? :D

I sell earpieces. I have reverse engineered several of the lvl 49 greens to purple. I can sell the ones without an augment slot for 50k. If I get an augment it sells for 110k. You have to get the good stats though so if you get a piece that has presence on it, it isnt worth anything. also, if you have a cunning earpiece and get shield or another tanking stat, it is worthless and you need to keep RE'ing blue patterns. The best thing to shoot for is an overkill blue which adds power and then another stat that is useful when you get the purple.

I sell earpieces. I have reverse engineered several of the lvl 49 greens to purple. I can sell the ones without an augment slot for 50k. If I get an augment it sells for 110k. You have to get the good stats though so if you get a piece that has presence on it, it isnt worth anything. also, if you have a cunning earpiece and get shield or another tanking stat, it is worthless and you need to keep RE'ing blue patterns. The best thing to shoot for is an overkill blue which adds power and then another stat that is useful when you get the purple.

I guess my biggest issue was that, besides Endurance + Str for me as a Jug, I have no idea what other armoring/mods/earpieces are the most popular.

melee class do want accuracy so my str earpiece has accuracy, surge, crit and power. Inquisitors dont need accuracy so you want anything that is not presence or accuracy. my immortality earpiece has surge, crit, power, and whatever haste is called, i forget.

these 2 are my money makers especially the one used by inquisitors cause there are 40million of them on my server. I am still trying to get good cunning earpieces but no luck yet. I got one purple cunning earpiece but the 2nd stat was shield so it is worthless. i just have to keep making blues and de'ing them.

Edited by taffeta

I have been wounder is it random what purple schematic you get from RE or will it always be the purple version of the blue.

This question goes for earpieces and also mods/armoring

Whatever blue you RE you have the chance of getting the epic version of.

• 2 weeks later...
Only selling for about 20-30k here, and Mandalorian iron goes for about 8-10k per.

in my server mandaloria iron have the same price

but some 'dumbs' in my server are selling Kuat Drive Yards Missile Magazine for 18k :confused: :confused:

Kuat Drive Yards Missile Magazine

Components:

8xNeutronium

6xAmorphous Carbonite

4xThermoplast Flux

6xCiridium

2xMandalorian Iron

2 Mandalorian Iron ... 2x 8.000 (lowest price) = 16.000

*** ?

Edited by Ratito

I've been quite successful in generating credits (I think).

I sell the purple ship upgrades for between 12-15k with gathering my own materials. I go for high volume/low cost rather than try to eek out 50k for one item.

Why bother paying over the odds for materials, turn the surplus materials you get back into lesser items to at least sell at vendors. You can also scavenge a lot of standard materials.

Grenades are a good option for this as you can craft up to 9 for 1 inventory slot and you can queue one companion to craft 5 before you have to look at them again.

It's all about looking at the market place and seeing what's (not) for sale. I concentrated on ship upgrades for grade 2s, 4s and purples to the point where I have other users bartering items by mail.

I have't tried this yet but force users are unlikely to be cybertechs so force friendly earpieces, armouring and mods seems a credit making opportunity. Droid items being entirely for companions, I'm unsure how strong the market is.

- If you sell lower level Armoring/Mods for credits: What kind and for how much?

I don't.

The ship parts go quite well. Droid parts around level 35 are quite ok.

The best value is in earpieces. Critted Artifact Earpieces with a right combination of stats (e.g. Def, shield, power or crit) go for 175k. But it takes long to get a few of these.

Armorings are nice, at least blue ones can sometimes be sold for about 50% - 100% above initial price on GTN, especially in the 40-45 area.

In the end, I'd say earpieces > ship parts > droid parts / Armorings.

Mods are worth nothing at all (commendation costs are 2 a piece and the amount of schematics is almost non-existing). I haven't tried grenades very much.

Edited by _Flin_

but some 'dumbs' in my server are selling Kuat Drive Yards Missile Magazine for 18k :confused: :confused:

I sell them for 48k.

I sell Promethium for 13280 a piece. (EDIT: Actually I have never NOT sold it for that price in 2 days)

Edited by _Flin_

Only the Missile Magazine uses grade 6 Artifact grade Underworld Trading metals. The rest use Grade 5.

They're all selling for 50K-60K here.

Edited by Rattius

So after getting up to level 400 Cybertech I was slightly disappointed to learn that The armoring/mods you can make aren't as good as other high end mods, so most people don't buy them. I was able to sell a few epic guardian armoring mods but it took a while and I was the only one even selling them. Regular mods/ship upgrades/earpieces aren't worth making (The Mandalorian iron it takes to make it is worth roughly the same, or more). I've heard that making Armoring and mods for around level 25-35 characters is much more profitable, but I don't know which ones to make, or how much to sell them for. So I'm just asking other Cybertechs this:

Thanks for any advice you give, I'm hoping to have a stable credit income while I play, usually I'm broke in most MMOs!

I was selling Mod and Armor inserts... for a minute. Then, I realized that while I was able to get 35K to 50K for each LVL 49 artifact grade insert, they require 4 Mandalorian Iron. I can make earpieces that sell all day (with the right schematic/stat combination) for ~50K(100K-175K for Mastercrafted) and only require (2) Mandalorian Iron.

I haven't messed with selling lower level Mods and Armor inserts. I only make them for alts.

Money can be made, just be sure to crunch the numbers on cost vs market value. Oh, and if you choose to focus on ears, try not to be one of those goofs who RE a lvl 49 blue, get their first artifact grade schematic, get all excited, and blow all their Mandalorian Iron by making and posting like 8 of them without stopping to think that their schematic produces a stat combination of Defense / Presence. By the time I got my Endowment (Crit/Surge)... willpower schematic, I had the other 4 combinations from the Critical Prototype. Prolly did over 400 combines to finally get it. Be patient and always have your companions out on UT missions; which of course means you'll need to run daily space and Ilum/Belsavis quests to fund the UT missions.

Have Fun! =D

Edited by Rattius

in my server mandaloria iron have the same price

2 Mandalorian Iron ... 2x 8.000 (lowest price) = 16.000

*** ?

Pfft... I'd consider buying them and RE'n them.

I make most of my money through Cybertech and I have more money than any of my friends. Ship Upgrades, earpieces (purple and blue ones, not green), and droid parts are my big sellers. I don't even bother with mods except for personal use.

maybe im missing something but let me question...

Which droid use this parts? only 'ship droid' ?

if yes.. my ship droid never leave the ship for fight i use he only for craft/mission

:csw_c3po:

if yes.. my ship droid never leave the ship for fight i use he only for craft/mission

:csw_c3po:

It depends on your class.

On Republic side, both the Jedi Knight and the Trooper have another droid companion with the tank role. I'm sure a couple empire classes have similar.

It depends on your class.

On Republic side, both the Jedi Knight and the Trooper have another droid companion with the tank role. I'm sure a couple empire classes have similar.

Only the Imperial Agent gets a droid companion on imperial side. And that's around level 40 or so.

Yeah you can equip the ship droid. But there are also classes that get an actual companion that's a droid.

Edited by DarrkLore

It's probably better on Republic side, there are two droid companions. So on Empire side it is probably not such a good idea to sell droid parts.

The trooper gets a battle droid, m1-4x.

http://www.republictrooper.com/trooper-companions-m1-4x/

And the Jedi Knight gets an R2 (ok, a T7).

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/wiki-api.ign.com/star-wars-the-old-republic/thumb/f/ff/T7-01.png/228px-T7-01.png

It's probably better on Republic side, there are two droid companions. So on Empire side it is probably not such a good idea to sell droid parts.

The trooper gets a battle droid, m1-4x.

http://www.republictrooper.com/trooper-companions-m1-4x/

And the Jedi Knight gets an R2 (ok, a T7).

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/wiki-api.ign.com/star-wars-the-old-republic/thumb/f/ff/T7-01.png/228px-T7-01.png

I'm on the Empire side and droid parts sell pretty well for me. The Imperial Agent gets Scorpio who's a droid. There are also people who do equip their ship droid and use him as a healer. You just gotta pay attention to the market and see what's in demand. My lvl 35+ droid parts sell the best because the Agents get Scorpio after that point.

Scorpio: http://www.swtor-spy.com/companions/scorpio/90/

Edited by DarrkLore