Frustration...

Kyonne

So I decided to roll a Shadow, I'm level 34 now and I'm getting frustrated with the class :(

First, it's highly annoying to watch my buff bar in pvp to see when my procs are up. I need to watch for the infiltration tactics proc, Harnessed shadows proc, particule acceleration procs, circling shadows proc and also watch out for my kinetic barrier stacks.

5 buffs I need to keep track on my buff bar while having to chase enemies, watch out for taunt targets (people focusing my healer) and guard swap.

With that, I get more and more annoyed with the delay on my project because with so many procs to watch out and energy management it's normal that I use a project and between the click and the damage, I lose PA procs, or in an worse scenario, drop my HS.

We also have the least mitigation of all tanks, because shield doesn't affect tech and force, and people in pvp, at least the 50ths have enough accuracy to counter the average 20% defense I have. Which leaves us with the worse armor rating of the game.

My damage is subpar, I was already expected that with tank spec, but I see guardians and especially vanguard tanks doing twice as much damage as I do, with the same or more protection in pvp.

AoE is our weakness, but mostly everything I fight in flashpoints are AoE, except the bosses.

Yes, we can manuveur around all that with extremely focused attention, taking care to not tunnel vision, stick to a target, manage our energy better, hit and run more often. Shadows are not gimped, but I feel like I have to work twice as much as other classes to achieve the same results. Especially when an operative comes out of stealth and 3-4 shot me during a stunlock while my kinetic shield is up. Not to mention tracer missiles spam here...

Anyone else feels that way? :(

From the point of view of an infiltration shadow, not really. There is really only 1 proc you should watch out for and a 2nd if you aren't good at keeping track of how long ago you used Clairvoyant/Double Strike.

Damage is phenomenal, probably second highest burst after Scoundrels/Operatives but unlike them we can sustain it in PvE which makes us great melee dps for Ops. It's true that our AoE is not that good but it doesn't really matter, there are other classes that can take care of that.

So apparently I'm using the wrong spec and shouldn't be trying to pvp as tank...

Before playing this game, I was playing WAR, and I really like to pvp as tank, peel, guard, taunt, harass with interrupts, stun, punts, all while being really hard to kill. I guess shadow is not good for that then, I'll try vanguard or guardian.

Edited by Kyonne

Yes, we can manuveur around all that with extremely focused attention, taking care to not tunnel vision, stick to a target, manage our energy better, hit and run more often. Shadows are not gimped

Yeah, we're pretty awesome at harassing people, controlling the target, and being all around amazing death dealers. No sarcasm. It's fun, and it's what we do.

If you like to be super mobile and annoy your enemies, you might also enjoy Sentinel.

Especially when an operative comes out of stealth and 3-4 shot me during a stunlock while my kinetic shield is up. Not to mention tracer missiles spam here...

I know that feel, bro.

So apparently I'm using the wrong spec and shouldn't be trying to pvp as tank...

Before playing this game, I was playing WAR, and I really like to pvp as tank, peel, guard, taunt, harass with interrupts, stun, punts, all while being really hard to kill. I guess shadow is not good for that then, I'll try vanguard or guardian.

Actually of the 3 tanking classes, we can do the most of that. We have more (probably far more) "utility" type harassment skills than guardians or vanguards. Not sure where you get the idea that guardians or vanguards are better in that department.

The biggest problem I have in PvP as 23/0/18 is keeping track of all my procs while maintaining situational awareness. That's partially a fault of the class (see: Kinetic Ward) but mostly just a problem with the awful buff UI.

Chin up, it'll get better when they improve the UI or allow addons.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.