The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I correct in my understanding that: enabling High Resolution could, at worst, slow my personal performance and nobody else’s? If that's the case, why not give everyone the option of choosing? If I prefer my game to look better and play slower, what's the problem? As long as everyone else has the option for faster play and lower graphics, who cares? Please bring back the good graphics.

Am I correct in my understanding that: enabling High Resolution could, at worst, slow my personal performance and nobody else’s? If that's the case, why not give everyone the option of choosing? If I prefer my game to look better and play slower, what's the problem? As long as everyone else has the option for faster play and lower graphics, who cares? Please bring back the good graphics.

C'mon give us the option!

You are correct. That's why it's so absurd.

I can't believe this still isn't addressed.

I'm not sure I can keep playing any longer.

It has been addressed, they said they will have something in the 1.2 patch. Sometime between now and April. My problem is they are taking the time to program a work around instead just enabling full textures.

I'll bet you money the reason they won't let us choose is because something is borked in the coding and thats why planets like Taris were unplayable. They couldn't fix it so they disabled it intended and tried to feed us all a line everything is working as intended.

It has been addressed, they said they will have something in the 1.2 patch. Sometime between now and April. My problem is they are taking the time to program a work around instead just enabling full textures.

Except they didn't. All they said was improved graphical fidelity. No where does that say they will do anything more then make the game look 1% better then now or 100% better. If they had said yes we understand everyone wants hi rez textures they will be in for 1.2 the *****torm would be over and everyone would be celebrating.

Except they didn't. All they said was improved graphical fidelity. No where does that say they will do anything more then make the game look 1% better then now or 100% better. If they had said yes we understand everyone wants hi rez textures they will be in for 1.2 the *****torm would be over and everyone would be celebrating.

I'm still really annoyed that SR had the gall to say "we've listened" and then immediately feed some line about "improving fidelity".

Dang it, I just put my boycott sign away and now I have to dig it out again.

improved graphical fidelity.
It is funny how something so simple can be perceived 20 different ways. It is one of the things I love and hate about the English language. Reminds me back in the days of EQ2 when these talks happened as well. Something back from the day of EQ2

"Another example of someone mixing up art direction with graphical fidelity. Sigh.

Actually, if you took a walk around their cities, or looked at their locations and races, you’d see that their art direction is just fine and a hell of a lot better than most comparable MMOs (even currently). But it’s an incredibly common thing for someone to mix up art direction with graphical fidelity (which means the level of detail involved in the graphics themselves).

Everquest II is fairly imaginative, really, and for the time the stuff within looks pretty good. One of my favorite examples is the Kerra. At the time, most animal races/people in games were looking fairly generic, but the Kerra had and have a unique visual style which really stands out. The only other cat race out there that has such a distinctive look are the charr in Guild Wars (and 2).

So their art direction is fine. It looks “cheap” because it’s old and lacks the graphical fidelity of modern games, with all the tessemellations and normal maps that that would imply."

Funny the way history just repeats itself.

Just look at that inquisitor's monster companion, his textures are hi-res even during gameplay!
That is because he doesn't have to function like a paper-doll. His look doesn't change, except for appearance customization item. He always looks the same so they don't have to retexture him all the time. Everyone else tends to have to be a paper-doll.

That is because he doesn't have to function like a paper-doll. His look doesn't change, except for appearance customization item. He always looks the same so they don't have to retexture him all the time. Everyone else tends to have to be a paper-doll.

Ok, I see, but why on texture quality level he's not on par with my character:confused:...

If you have a monster computer than can smash down the barrier this game has, then yes, this game can look AMAZING. Someone posted a whole thread about what the game looks like with a two thousand dollar computer or some nonsense.

IT CAN BE DONE. Is it realistic? No.

seems like a no brainer. I have an awesome system, let me max out the graphics and have a kick *** experience?

Those who can't handle it can lower the settings.. like in ALLLLLLLLLL other games??

That is what I am trying to say. This amazing experience 5% of the community is having is because they have PRIMO GODLY computers.

If you have a monster computer than can smash down the barrier this game has, then yes, this game can look AMAZING. Someone posted a whole thread about what the game looks like with a two thousand dollar computer or some nonsense.

IT CAN BE DONE. Is it realistic? No.

Not sure if trolling...cause I see nothing unrealistic about 2k...10k maybe?

I've quit both of my accounts.

I've created a report to the Federal Trade Commission, insighting false advertisement.

I've created a report to the Better Business Bureau.

The only reason I haven't refused payment to my credit card at this point is because I'm hoping Bioware understands that their take on this was stupid and they are making fast plans at fixing this fiasco.

I've done what I can about this. I'm a gamer, and my voice will be heard.

I've quit both of my accounts.

I've created a report to the Federal Trade Commission, insighting false advertisement.

I've created a report to the Better Business Bureau.

The only reason I haven't refused payment to my credit card at this point is because I'm hoping Bioware understands that their take on this was stupid and they are making fast plans at fixing this fiasco.

I've done what I can about this. I'm a gamer, and my voice will be heard.

Thank You:)!