Why do WoW fanboys want this game to fail?

tossey

Here is my take... No one likes to be wrong. If they like WoW or some other MMO and I like this one they may feel like I think they are wrong for liking WoW. I hope Swtor is not a WoW killer and in fact become fierce competitors. That only can benefit us, the consumer, with better game improvements and ingenuity, and hopefully lower monthly prices. Unfortunately I see the same arguments all over the place: PC vs Mac, Xbox 360 vs PS3, Android vs iOS. Again it just boils down to people thinking: if you don't like what I like one of us must be wrong and it must be you.

Any thoughts on this?

I've been playing WoW for seven years now, and I'll continue playing the game. But I also like SWTOR and hope it does very well.

In the end, having more competition is a good thing, as it forces all parties involved to put forth more effort into their products.

Here is my take... No one likes to be wrong. If they like WoW or some other MMO and I like this one they may feel like I think they are wrong for liking WoW. I hope Swtor is not a WoW killer and in fact become fierce competitors. That only can benefit us, the consumer, with better game improvements and ingenuity, and hopefully lower monthly prices. Unfortunately I see the same arguments all over the place: PC vs Mac, Xbox 360 vs PS3, Android vs iOS. Again it just boils down to people thinking: if you don't like what I like one of us must be wrong and it must be you.

Any thoughts on this?

I think very few people literally want the game to fail. Most people are disappointed that it wasn't launched more complete and are upset about it. Nothing wrong with that.

The sooner all the Wow complainers get it through their heads that this is not WOW, it will never be WOW and stop trying to change the game to become WOW.

If they like wow so much they shoud leave this game and go play it.

I've been playing WoW for seven years now, and I'll continue playing the game. But I also like SWTOR and hope it does very well.

In the end, having more competition is a good thing, as it forces all parties involved to put forth more effort into their products.

Agree with this guy :)

I have no idea to be honest. Maybe because they are really bad at that game or like farming content. Or are so addicted and horrible at life that all they have to be proud if is being part of the easiest MMO and money hungry MMO in history. The latest patch is such a joke we've downed deathwing in normal mode in 6 weeks. Already grinded nearly all valor gear I need and this is supposed to sustain players for 10 more months. I'm already getting bored with what is there. I expect many more will or already are.

This is why I only expect SWTOR subscriptions to continue to climb during this dead period of WoW. If Bioware handles this right I doubt many will go back. And unlike what the trolls on this forum say about needing fixes yesterday, they have months to get things corrected. That doesn't mean they can slack. But they need to stick to the right priorities and keep busting their ***.

I was hoping this game would be better than WoW.

:(

It is, for me. There, thats the whole crux of it, I am all for WoW, Rift, AoC etc, everyone should play what they enjoy and I hope they all do well, I just happen to prefer this game.

People need to stop investing so much emotion into an entertainment product and accept that there's room for all of them.

Any thoughts on this?

I find that the WoW Killer argument has been brought up way too many times, and the fact is, that the only game that will kill WoW is WoW. They are already committing "sepoku" (sp?), ironically, by releasing "Pandaren: Furries, you really will love this game now." Heck, 1 million people in the last year alone saw right through the smoke and mirrors to keep the rotten flesh of a dead horse called WoW alive.

I estimate that 2 million people will leave World of Warcraft in 2012, but it won't be due to SW:TOR. It will be because people will realize that this "Pandaren" expansion is a cheap gimmick and they really don't know where to take the game anymore.

Never played WOW. This is my first MMO and am loving it. I also have nothing to compare it to but you know what... I don't care. The game is loads of fun and that's all that really matters to me

I think alot of people feel this way. Bioware accomplished their goal. Hardcore raiding gaming is so yesterday, casual is the new black.

Any thoughts on this?

Because EA and Bioware likes to Milk us and present us with an unfinished product. Fail game is designed to be fail.