The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is the game failing? :(

Blackweb

Really, you don't get it do you? To have an intelligent conversation, you must ask an intelligent question. or at least one that isn't completely idiotic. And I asked you, how is your pointless and baseless post doing anything to help TOR??

Show mere where I'm POINTLESSLY bashing the game please?

Because if you bothered reading, you would notice that 2 lines are about the servers and the rest isn't.

I wrote about issues that are very relevant, graphics, sound bugs, general feel of the game. You really think complaining over these issues to bring attention to them is pointless?

I didn't know that something that bothered the majority of the playerbase was pointless?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I get your point, but it's not exactly that much different during peak hours and if you read my entire post you will notice I'm not only talking about the amount of people on the various servers.

As I asked in my OP, try not to troll for no reason even though I can see it's hard for some of you.

he's not trolling, he's just pointing out how you are using illogical reasons to get to an opinion that you developed beforehand

numbers in the TOP LEFT of your map by your location's name is the number of people online in that same location

in the central time zone i go from 70-90 during the early day to 150ish after 4pm. failing is when you lose 6300 subs per day like world of warcraft.

no, this game isn't failing. no, you will not get much of use from these forums since whiners live here. no you aren't a scientist and your observations are pathetic.

if anyone is trolling, it's probably you.

'

More mindless posting, people aren't reading.

Nevermind someone close the thread I was naive to think it would turn into some sort of constructive discussion.

Next time I will write "SWTOR is like a golden field with the sun setting behind it, the air is sweet with sommeflowers as I log in and I can't see all the bugs cuz I'm so blinded by the immense beauty and perfection that is SWTOR" as my title, then we can all play fantasy land and pretend this game doesn't have major issues.

GL HF I'll give it another month and just as a sidenote, I don't love any sort of fiction more than I love star wars, I like playing MMO's rather casually thus this should be my dream MMO and I am seriously considering leaving.

Just so you know how at least one very hopeful and loyal fan feels Bioware.

You asked a question, and received answers. They weren't the answers you like (even though they are straight up fact), so they are auto-trolls when the last couple posts from you are far from intelligent and adult-like that your apparently whining about...ironic isn't it?

You do need to grow some thicker skin, or you may want to reconsider this whole thing called the internet.

Because if you bothered reading, you would notice that 2 lines are about the servers and the rest isn't.

I wrote about issues that are very relevant, graphics, sound bugs, general feel of the game. You really think complaining over these issues to bring attention to them is pointless?

I didn't know that something that bothered the majority of the playerbase was pointless?

the majority of the playerbase is happy and QUIET.

the loud part of a playerbase is always the minority. when the majority of people are unhappy they mostly leave, the whiny CHILDREN are the ones who come to the forums and incorrectly assess things they really dont' know anything about and there is never a solution given, therefore they don't even understand the issue really.

MMOs are full of people who dont' like MMOs. it's why the community is so bad. it's a lot of whiners who hate the game they're paying for.

'

Nevermind someone close the thread I was naive to think it would turn into some sort of constructive discussion.

Next time I will write "SWTOR is like a golden field with the sun setting behind it, the air is sweet with sommeflowers as I log in and I can't see all the bugs cuz I'm so blinded by the immense beauty and perfection that is SWTOR" as my title, then we can all play fantasy land and pretend this game doesn't have major issues.

GL HF I'll give it another month and just as a sidenote, I don't love any sort of fiction more than I love star wars, I like playing MMO's rather casually thus this should be my dream MMO and I am seriously considering leaving.

Well you know what, if your considering leaving then the millions who are playing wont miss you. Seriously, are you leaving because you dont want to pay 15$ a month? Is it the money or is it more than that? Because MY game runs smooth for the most part and I love the game design and gameplay of SWTOR. I love it so much that I will pay 15$ a month forever. I guess your not a true fan.

You know most people say negative stuff about this game because they dont have time at all to play this game (afterall its just a game) and there not being true to themselves because they have a family and their very busy (those people i would understand). But if your just going to leave because you logged on today and you see a few people its a moot arguement. Perhaps you were in a zone that many people's missions at that time werent in the same zone as you were? Perhaps if you changed zones you would see more people? Don't YOU have any constructive critism??

Edited by Blacktailstalker

Who said you are bashing the game?!? I only said "How is opening a thread asking if this games is failing, based on checking the servers in the frigging morning, going to help TOR?"

he's not trolling, he's just pointing out how you are using illogical reasons to get to an opinion that you developed beforehand

numbers in the TOP LEFT of your map by your location's name is the number of people online in that same location

in the central time zone i go from 70-90 during the early day to 150ish after 4pm. failing is when you lose 6300 subs per day like world of warcraft.

no, this game isn't failing. no, you will not get much of use from these forums since whiners live here. no you aren't a scientist and your observations are pathetic.

if anyone is trolling, it's probably you.

Bioware please add this to the forum disclaimer:

"If you intend on participating in the discussions on these forums, be warned that users will only read the first two lines of all your posts."

I can't even take you serioulsy, it's so obvious your only intent with probably all your posts, is about making people see what a smart *** you are.

I'm not trying to be a scientist as this is the forum of a VIDEOGAME, you frickin nerd. :D

BTW that wall mart joke is really funny, really cleverly made and the sarcasm is so ingeniously disguised that I couldn't help but open my eyes as wide as they could get! And let out a surprised "GASP"! Do geniuses truly exist who can come up with humour like this on an internet forum or am I reading jokes written by actual stand-up pro's?!(btw this isn't sarcasm I genuinely mean this, I haven't laughed so much in ages, that's why this reply isn't a troll) :rolleyes:

Edited by Blackweb

Ok I get your point, but it's not exactly that much different during peak hours and if you read my entire post you will notice I'm not only talking about the amount of people on the various servers.

As I asked in my OP, try not to troll for no reason even though I can see it's hard for some of you.

Yes, it is. Every server is Standard at night with some being heavy and a few being Very Heavy or Full.

The holidays were the reason almost every server was "full" before.

The game is fine.

I believe the OP is asking for an opinion based on empirical data. I see no reason why anyone should be bashing him for such a scientific inquiry.

OP, on my server, I have definitely noticed a drop in players at all times. The numbers in each zone are much smaller than what I have seen in the past (I am level 33, so I am seeing repeat zones like tatooine, Nar Shadaa, etc.). I am hoping it is not the death knell for the game, as I really enjoy it and want it to thrive. PVP is truly terrible and I usually play games based on PVP, but I'm broadening my horizons here and not going to hang my hat on one issue. I hope others do the same.

So I'd conclude by saying that the game is experiencing difficulties, but hasn't failed just yet.

Wal Mart was so linear too.

I bought a car the other day, it was a green sports car .. but after I bought it .. I complained to upper management because everyone knows a sports car is supposed to be red so I demanded the paint it red at no extra charge.

you guys are doing the same thing with this game .. everything was stated again and again about what this game was exactly about .. yet, after you play it you complain because it's not what YOU THINK an mmo should be

no it is a HUGE difference between now and peak hours.

During peak hours EVERY SERVER is either Heavy or Full many of them still have queues to get in the game.

Thats how it's been EVERY WEEKNIGHT It's even fuller during the weekeends.

good try at being a concern troll but you failed.

I believe the OP is asking for an opinion based on empirical data. I see no reason why anyone should be bashing him for such a scientific inquiry.

OP, on my server, I have definitely noticed a drop in players at all times. The numbers in each zone are much smaller than what I have seen in the past (I am level 33, so I am seeing repeat zones like tatooine, Nar Shadaa, etc.). I am hoping it is not the death knell for the game, as I really enjoy it and want it to thrive. PVP is truly terrible and I usually play games based on PVP, but I'm broadening my horizons here and not going to hang my hat on one issue. I hope others do the same.

So I'd conclude by saying that the game is experiencing difficulties, but hasn't failed just yet.

+1 for being the first adult who posted.

Thanks for you opinion

I bought a car the other day, it was a green sports car .. but after I bought it .. I complained to upper management because everyone knows a sports car is supposed to be red so I demanded the paint it red at no extra charge.

you guys are doing the same thing with this game .. everything was stated again and again about what this game was exactly about .. yet, after you play it you complain because it's not what YOU THINK an mmo should be

If your gonna add on to the children continuing the wall mart joke, at least be funny tbh. :D

Some of the others at least made me giggle, step up your game fledling troller.

Edited by Blackweb

'

There it is. The truth comes out.

See your first post might have come out as genuine concern but with that statement you proved you are just being a concern troll.

There it is. The truth comes out.

See your first post might have come out as genuine concern but with that statement you proved you are just being a concern troll.

Of course he is trolling, 'hate trolls' have mostly already been banned, so that leaves crypto_trolls and 'concern trolls', that usually are the most pathetic and slimey because they tend to pass themselves for fans of the game etc etc.

i wonder if he has multiple accounts to come in and start posting in support of his thesis

I don't know about "Failing" but I have noticed a large drop zone populations. Last night I played from 5-9PM (peak hours) on Hoth (upper 30's) and never saw the zone population go above 20. I'm not able to do group quests as there is nobody to group with.

First there is no such thing as pleasing everyone.

Second there is no such thing as a perfect game, see above.

Everyone is different and everyone likes and dislikes different things.

Everyone has a different pet peeve.

One person may say such and such bug is a game breaker and another might say whatever for the same bug.

Both are right, as both have opinions.

So is a game a fail or a win ?

Well no way to predict.

Money wise, as soon as a game turns a profit it is a win.

IF it sticks around long enough to pay for it own replacement its a win win.

If it sticks around for several years it is a money train.

From a players perspective it could be a total failure even if a game turns a profit.

It is all perspective.

I'm overwhelmed by the massive amount of sarcastic responses.

You people didn't even read my post did you?

I said IS THE GAME FAILING? (this is a question, you see there's a question mark at the end there)

I didn't say "THIS GAME IS FAILING" I asked the community a question and listed a bunch of stuff that has already been discussed over and over as major nuisances for MANY people playing this game, I shouldn't have to list a bunch of bugs and nuisances in detail just because I want to have a discussion. Why don't you grow up abit and stop going into "auto defense or I-think-im-so-intelligent-that-I'm-gonna-post-this-subtle-but-extremely-sarcastic response" mode and make a constructive comment to my thread our just keep your opinion away from it?

I LOVE the whole idea of this game, but you cannot deny that it's obvious it has some major issues and what if they don't intend to fix many of them?

I'm curious and want to discuss I'm not into the whole flaming wars thing alot of you people seem to love.

Do you also treat strangers you meet in the real world like you this? Cuz then I just feel sad for everyone around you.

Actually yes I do talk back to people in real life like this. Mostly since I assume they are intelligent enough and mature enough to take it. The game is not failing due to the game itself. It is suffereing from fools that don't consider the context of the information they are given. Most people do not play the game 24/7 and therefore, just like tv, the prime time is when people usually have the time to sit down and play. As a friend points out, no matter your intentions if you put in your title that the game is failing you are trying to incite. I was guilty of this and now so are you.

Empire has more players, republic has less, most players are glowstick wielders, and the most underplayed class at the moment is the republic smuggler. There, did your homework for you. Go back and enjoy the game. Or don't as it is your call.

Edited by Tetrablade

I don't know about "Failing" but I have noticed a large drop zone populations. Last night I played from 5-9PM (peak hours) on Hoth (upper 30's) and never saw the zone population go above 20. I'm not able to do group quests as there is nobody to group with.

doesn't mean server population is down just population in that level range is down. The Mid sections are always the dead spots in MMOs. Low levels and High levels are the most populated.

A trick to get groups though is instead of saying LFG say LFM most people are more then willing to join a group if they don't feel they have to do any work to get the group started.

just had to chime in, you 100% never play MMOs just for pvp because pvp in MMOs is inferior to 100% of the games out there that simply lack all these different types of classes.

you'll never get perfect balance in an MMO unless that MMO has one class and one spec

you play MMOs for the story or you simply didn't understand what the genre is about. it's about the story. it's never about the PVP. as good as PVP in guild wars in, it's not great PVP.

PVP is in MMOs because we like to be better than someone else and killing them and dancing on their corpse is as good as that gets.

Try looking at the EU server list at around 20-21 GMT+1. Most servers are heavy and very heavy, a few full and a few standard. At 4 GMT+1 they seem to all be light however. The game fails totally every night. Edited by Axxar