The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shielding boost in 1.1.

Skarramanga

I've seen a couple of people mention that shields are blocking more damage come 1.1. I've looked through all the patchnotes I can find but haven't seen this mentioned anywhere except by people on the forums with no citation.

Where is it?

Interested in this as well. I've seen some random people repeatedly mention that...

Yet I can find NO information on this. Unless it was hidden in a random post in the threads dedicated to how it DOESN'T work.

Interested in this as well. I've seen some random people repeatedly mention that...

Yet I can find NO information on this. Unless it was hidden in a random post in the threads dedicated to how it DOESN'T work.

Myself and my GF have been entirely through those threads as we're involved in some of the testing for it.

It's 2012, I have internet everywhere. I've been watching it like a hawk when I have the time; PvP forums, Tank Role forums, PTR forums. Haven't seen a peep. Been through the dev tracker and not a word.

I have been consistently dumbfounded at the lack of basic reading comprehension I've encountered on these forums and maybe someone just read what they wanted to read rather than what was actually written.

So I really have no choice. I've got the PTR client downloading now. I don't think there are premade characters there right now, so I'll likely have to level to 14 with my gf and spend another hour with her stabbing me in the back.

Interesting side note, after all this time she's spent testing this with me she had the gall today to tell me she needed a training dummy. I said "what the **** do you think I've been doing for the last few days?"

It's 2012, I have internet everywhere. I've been watching it like a hawk when I have the time; PvP forums, Tank Role forums, PTR forums. Haven't seen a peep. Been through the dev tracker and not a word.

I have been consistently dumbfounded at the lack of basic reading comprehension I've encountered on these forums and maybe someone just read what they wanted to read rather than what was actually written.

Me too, hence I thought I'd pop a direct query onto the forums rather than replies to the Parakeet thread or similar.

I'm a long time reader, short time poster :p.

Also, while I was out my PTR client failed to install. I have to start the download from scratch. Pretty ******.

I'll sacrifice my night trying to get the silly *** thing to work for the sake of testing it myself. My GF has already agreed to roll something alongside whatever tank class I make there (likely a BH so I can power through quickly) to test it with me.

These must be the same people who think Accuracy gives you Armor Penetration because some random dude said it once 6 months ago in beta.

I stand corrected. Not used to the odd names this game uses for no reason.

Edited by Verbosed

If you would bother to read the stat on your character sheet, it stipulates that having over 100% accuracy reduces the target's defence.

>.>

You already got jumped on for it, so I wont get you.

I'm getting my PvP daily done, then I'll hop over on PTR.

Have to start from scratch but I think we can powerlevel to 14 pretty quick and get the testing we need done. We both have tomorrow off.

>.>

You already got jumped on for it, so I wont get you.

I'm getting my PvP daily done, then I'll hop over on PTR.

Have to start from scratch but I think we can powerlevel to 14 pretty quick and get the testing we need done. We both have tomorrow off.

Much appreciate to your work Chain. Let's hope that shield/defense can actually be worthwhile now. I should make a character just to troll you guys.

Much appreciate to your work Chain. Let's hope that shield/defense can actually be worthwhile now. I should make a character just to troll you guys.

We're currently the only 2 people on Hutta so we would be easy to find.

DLing the PTR client is a multi hour extravaganza though. So you're probably too late. We're already 7.

This is an interesting topic, after reading your previous posts about the failure of Defensive stats in PVP, I respecced and equipped a DPS set of PVP armor/items that I've built up through extra unassembled champion items. I remodded the rest I couldn't replace. Trust me, after building an entire set of Champion Supercommando gear, it was painful to read your findings and remove my beloved tanky stats. I have saved the mods, just in case.

I tried it and while I have noticed a certain increase of squishy-ness, the DPS is greatly Increased. It's not rare that I will go 200K+ dmg and 80k+ prot now. I would barely break 100k damage before, although I did get up to 160k+ prot in several matches where I had a dedicated healer. However, I will say that fully investing in that defensive gear and going deep into the defensive stats of Shield Tech did allow me to stay alive longer, especially when getting attacked by 3+ people. However, I couldn't kill any of them. lol.

So while the defensive bonuses are good, I still think that the hybrid ST/Pyro with dps gear is overall a better value. Therefore, unless 1.1 brings large noticeable changes, I don't think it will effect the viability of a hybrid spec in pvp.

TL;DR: Unless 1.1 has a very big and noticeable change in defensive bonuses, it probably won't be worth it.

Edited by FettForEmperor

PTR notes for the patch last night say nothing about it. I'll test it anyway to dispel the rumor entirely.

They are nerfing the crap out of consumable stacking and grenades from Cybertech. I think this will do more to up our survival in PvP without breaking the game than making us able to shield everything would.