Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Since so many players on my server traded and refused to fight. Do I have to fight?

Ojas

The way the "pvp zone ilum" is meant to be played is by pvping.

If Bioware planned this and put this system in the game to remove them for the 50's to get a bunch of gear over a 2 week period. Bioware needs to be sued. Not fix the game, bioware needs to be punished.

Are you serious? Sue them for what?

If Bioware planned this and put this system in the game to remove them for the 50's to get a bunch of gear over a 2 week period. Bioware needs to be sued. Not fix the game, bioware needs to be punished.

They are removing it tonight. That doesn't change the fact that thousands of people got entire sets of champion pvp gear through this system and the only people who suffer are those who did not exploit.

How exactly does win trading in Illum get you full champion gear? Oh wait, it doesn't, calling troll on this kid.

Edited by Rasui

Make your own PvP until the fix comes in.

If I see enemies on Illum, they're getting attacked....regardless of whether my weekly/daily nonsense is done. It might have slowed me down a little bit, but it's not like it stopped me from getting mostly champion gear.

Get a few friends together and go hunt in Illum...they do start attacking back eventually.

The problem is that Illum is horribly broken. There is no reason to want to win the battlefield. More valor? So what? Useless if no one fights.

I hate to say it, but fights in WoW like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad were actually kind of cool. Win the fight, get exclusive access to that area for X hours and possibly a raid and/or buff. People would froth to get in and fight these battles.

You seem like a lot of fun to hang out with.

Not yet.

But if they punish me for not fighting in warzones, but don't punish this servers population who don't fight in other pvp zones. they will be mistreating their customer and will be liable to repay me.

The big difference is that you are entering a warzone designed for a set number of active opponents on each side and refusing the rest of those people that developer-intended balance. Ilum is just a place where unscaled fights can occur but aren't intended to be balanced or fit tight formats.

Make your own PvP until the fix comes in.

If I see enemies on Illum, they're getting attacked....regardless of whether my weekly/daily nonsense is done. It might have slowed me down a little bit, but it's not like it stopped me from getting mostly champion gear.

Get a few friends together and go hunt in Illum...they do start attacking back eventually.

Fix isn't the issue. The issue is the number of players who exploited gear and now I have to compete with them. I don't exploit so I'm at a disadvantage.

These players need to be punished.

Yes I realize that means you need to punish 50% of the lvl 50's playing this game. But that is a necessary sacrifice. You are punishing me for playing the game correctly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.